#1 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:50 AM

Pod Space

This is how much tonnage you have, assuming 8 tons for JJs, and 4 tons for MASC, and 16 hardwired DHS, if you gimp one arm and shave some off the legs. I have to say it is a little more limited then I thought it was going to be.

You have to shave more armor off to do Gauss and 2x c-LPL, but I guess you could do Gauss and 5-6 mediums (TBR loadout). Its a shame the BT gods gave it Ferro instead of Endo.

Not a DOA thread by any means, but I have to say, I am a little sad :(

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

IS FF is heavier than Clan FF, so that throws things off slightly.

By my maths in SSW, it's got 25 tons of pod space to use (31 "effective" tons if you count the 16 hardwired DHS).

I'm expecting it to at least compare to the Peacedove at worst. On one hand it'll be tougher due to weight and hitboxes (humanoid) along with being able to hover, on the other hand it'll have less weapon space. It'll certainly beat the Gargles without question.

Edited by FupDup, 10 April 2015 - 07:54 AM.

#3 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostFupDup, on 10 April 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

IS FF is heavier than Clan FF, so that throws things off slightly.

By my maths in SSW, it's got 25 tons of pod space to use (31 "effective" tons if you count the 16 hardwired DHS).

I'm expecting it to at least compare to the Peacedove at worst. On one hand it'll be tougher due to weight and hitboxes (humanoid) along with being able to hover, on the other hand it'll have less weapon space. It'll certainly beat the Gargles without question.

Rreally??? Thank god I was hoping someone was going to point out something I missed :) so 25 tons with max armor?

#4 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:55 AM

I think this mech is going to live or die based on how MASC is implemented.

#5 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 April 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

Rreally??? Thank god I was hoping someone was going to point out something I missed :) so 25 tons with max armor?

Yup, the Powers of SSW deem it so.

View PostVoivode, on 10 April 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

I think this mech is going to live or die based on how MASC is implemented.

That will certainly be a large factor, but even with placeholder MASC it's still a Supersaiyan Gargles.

#6 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostFupDup, on 10 April 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

Yup, the Powers of SSW deem it so.

What is this SSW you speak of? At my job that acronym is derogatory towards a former co-worker.

#7 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 April 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

What is this SSW you speak of? At my job that acronym is derogatory towards a former co-worker.

Solaris Skunk Werks. It's a nice little Java program that lets you use TT's construction system to build your own robots.

http://www.solarisskunkwerks.com/

#8 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:06 AM

I worry for the Gladiator. Im sure the other three mechs in wave 3 will be winners (though the shadowcat is on slightly shaky ground due to pod space as well, i think it will be fine if a bit loadout restricted). The Glad though.. 25 tons is pretty minimal for a 95 ton mech, but it should be just about usable i think. The main issue i see is a bit of a double edged sword - its going to be incredibly right torso reliant. Huge 7E right arm and all the good torso hardpoints are RT, with just 1E possible in the LT. Allows a shield side, but pretty soon everyone is going to know to just shoot off the RT and ignore it, just like the HBRs LT.

my biggest hope is that PGI wont be able to get MASC working for some reason and will relent and ditch it for assignable space. I dont think its too likely though.

#9 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

It's got an arm with seven energy hardpoints, as well as torso-mounted ballistics and energy both. It'll beat the pants off the Garfayle, and ninety-five tons going seventy-one klicks isn't bad by any means even before we get into HoverJets™ and M.A.S.C.. Hitboxes dependent, it's going to be a nasty vomit beast, and since it can get either 2B/7E or 9E entirely on the right side of the 'Mech, expect it to do a lot of shield-siding.

I'm cautiously anticipating it to hold up decently well. Ferro over Endo certainly hurts it, but I don't think it really cripples it in this case the way it half-cripples the Garfayle. So long as Piranha remembers this is a 'Mech designed to be much more maneuverable than ninety-five tons would suggest (a very bloody big 'if' >_<) and doesn't give it Dire Whale-level twist/turn issues, it'll be workable. I'm thinking Huge movement archetype is a foregone conclusion for the poor thing, but heck - it is huge, and unlike the Garfayle it has jump jets to alleviate hugeness issues.

We'll have to see what the hitboxes and turn/twist are like when it releases, as well as how M.A.S.C. works, but frankly? Anything able to hit 13E with Clanbeamz can't be entirely bad.

Not entirely.

...poor, poor Nova...

#10 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:20 AM

Indeed, SSW is more optimistic than my Banshee model. Yay! :D

#11 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 April 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

Pod Space

This is how much tonnage you have, assuming 8 tons for JJs, and 4 tons for MASC, and 16 hardwired DHS, if you gimp one arm and shave some off the legs. I have to say it is a little more limited then I thought it was going to be.

You have to shave more armor off to do Gauss and 2x c-LPL, but I guess you could do Gauss and 5-6 mediums (TBR loadout). Its a shame the BT gods gave it Ferro instead of Endo.

Not a DOA thread by any means, but I have to say, I am a little sad :(

This is a 90 ton Banshee with Endo & a 350 STD engine & the same 16 starting DHS as the Executioner.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...76d1cc3b2d0e429

32.5 tons left over, no MASC, no JJs.

A difference of about 7 tons if we assume shaving one Executioner arm down (I didn't do the math, just guesstimating) but the Banshee also relies on heavier IS weapons and is slower.

The Executioner will have less Firepower than the Warhawk and Direwolf clanside and roughly even with the Timber Wolf.

As far as I'm concerned, that's not that bad of a place to be.

My primary concerns with it are:

1) The state of JJs, especially class 1.
2) MASC.

Those two variables could keep this mech down, or alternatively turn it into a powerhouse.

#12 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 10 April 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

This is a 90 ton Banshee with Endo & a 350 STD engine & the same 16 starting DHS as the Executioner.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...76d1cc3b2d0e429

32.5 tons left over, no MASC, no JJs.

A difference of about 7 tons if we assume shaving one Executioner arm down (I didn't do the math, just guesstimating) but the Banshee also relies on heavier IS weapons and is slower.

The Executioner will have less Firepower than the Warhawk and Direwolf clanside and roughly even with the Timber Wolf.

As far as I'm concerned, that's not that bad of a place to be.

My primary concerns with it are:

1) The state of JJs, especially class 1.
2) MASC.

Those two variables could keep this mech down, or alternatively turn it into a powerhouse.

Technically speaking the Warhawk is limited by its hardpoint which essentially makes it a fatter, slower Timberwolf.
So if it has a Timberwolf level of firepower then that puts it about equal with the Warhawk in terms of firepower.

#13 Kristov Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

Lots of ERSL + JJ + MASC + 95 tons = *que Yackity Sax* Light Hunter!

That's my plan for it, because so far I've not been impressed with the big Clan Mechs outside of the Dire, so I figure the shits and giggles factor of using a 95 ton Mech to chase Lights was enough reason for me to get the Executioner package.

Now I just need a way to pipe that yackity sax music into the game....

#14 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

It will be able to carry the same loadout Timberwolf does - 2xLPL+4xERML+24 DHS total. Is it worth taking into CW? No, and with Cauldron Born release taking Timberwolf won't be worth it as well but will it suddenly become a bad mech? Same with Executioner.

#15 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:06 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 10 April 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

It will be able to carry the same loadout Timberwolf does - 2xLPL+4xERML+24 DHS total. Is it worth taking into CW? No, and with Cauldron Born release taking Timberwolf won't be worth it as well but will it suddenly become a bad mech? Same with Executioner.

The Timby will still be worth taking over the Cauldron born at times, the ability to jump on some maps should not be underestimated (2x Shadow Cat + 2x Timberwolf.. jumpy deck). We are going to see a lot of cauldron borns as well though.

And ive changed my mind about the executioner a bit actually. It does have exactly the same loadout options as the timby as its 25 tons vs 28, but with 1 extra hardwired DHS and pre-installed JJs - both of which always get put in the timby, with probably better hardpoint grouping as well. Its slower and a bit less agile, but with 95 ton mech armour.. it could certainly be decent, though i agree its pretty hard to see a place for it in CW. Its main issues really are not having Endo, and even more spending 8 tons on JJs which will probably be less good at jumping than the 2 tons spent on the Timber. PGI need to buff class I JJs, its stupid for them to cost 2 tons and only have 2/3 of the thrust of 1 ton JJs, while also having to lift more mass.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 10 April 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#16 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

Master the Gargles... master the future Gladbag overlords.

My body is ready.

#17 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:12 AM

8t for class 1JJ. lol. That alone was a reason for me not to get it.

#18 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostBrody319, on 10 April 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

Technically speaking the Warhawk is limited by its hardpoint which essentially makes it a fatter, slower Timberwolf.
So if it has a Timberwolf level of firepower then that puts it about equal with the Warhawk in terms of firepower.

The Warhawk isn't a fatter, slower Timber Wolf.

It always has either more raw firepower than the Timber Wolf, or it has much more sustained fire for similar builds with 32~33 tons of space plus 10 DHS (5 more than stock TBR).

The key to the Warhawk is just taking enough large weapons to fill that tonnage, which it can do.

The Warhawk generally has issues with where stuff can be slotted - not actually slotting big weapons or tonnage in general - and it can't boat only small weapons.

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 10 April 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

The Timby will still be worth taking over the Cauldron born at times, the ability to jump on some maps should not be underestimated (2x Shadow Cat + 2x Timberwolf.. jumpy deck). We are going to see a lot of cauldron borns as well though.

I also think there might be a lot of

ACH / SCR / TBR / TBR = 235 tons

#19 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 10 April 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

It always has either more raw firepower than the Timber Wolf, or it has much more sustained fire for similar builds with 32~33 tons of space plus 10 DHS (5 more than stock TBR).

The key to the Warhawk is just taking enough large weapons to fill that tonnage, which it can do.

The Warhawk generally has issues with where stuff can be slotted - not actually slotting big weapons or tonnage in general - and it can't boat only small weapons.

Or ACH / EBJ / HBR / TBR

That is sexy...

#20 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 10 April 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Doubt it...more like TW/HBR/HBR/ACH = 235

EDIT: honestly, this: EBJ/HBR/HBR/SHC = 240

Edited by Gyrok, 10 April 2015 - 10:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users