16 replies to this topic

#1 Gimpy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:33 AM

Hello MechWarriors,

I wanted to let you all know on the weekend of April 24 through April 27 I will be streaming MechWarrior Online for 12 hours each day to help raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

If you don't know what Multiple Sclerosis is, check out this link: http://www.nationalm....org/What-is-MS

This charity event is somewhat personal as I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) back in November of 2004. Technically this fund raising event is called WalkMS and I have done the walk here in San Diego in the past. Unfortunately, my ability to walk is no longer what it used to be. Last year I tried something different and decided to raise money while playing MechWarrior Online. Thanks in large part to the MWO community, it was a huge success. My goal was to raise $1500, but that was met before the end of the first day and I ended up raising a little over $4600 when the fund raising was complete. My goal this year is to raise $5000.

Any amount of a donation (tax deductible in the United States. Not sure about other countries) would be great. If you can't make a donation at this time, that's fine, but if you would help me get the word out by sharing the donation and/or Twitch links below with your friends and family, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, don't forget to watch the Twitch stream. The more viewers, the better.

Giveaways:
As certain dollar amounts are raised during the broadcasts, I will be giving out Premium Time codes to a random viewer of the stream. You do not need to make a donation to win a code. Codes will be given out based on total funds raised. So, make sure you have a Twitch account and are logged in. :)

The dollar amounts raised and the days of Premium Time are:

$1000 - 30 days
$1500 - 7 Days
$2000 - 30 days
$2500 - 7 Days
$3000 - 30 days
$3500 - 7 Days
$4000 - 30 days
$4500 - 7 Days
$5000 - 30 days

In addition to the Premium Time codes, when my fund raising goal of $5000 is met, I will give one random Twitch viewer their choice of the New Reinforcement mechs (up to $30 USD value). You can find the list of available mechs at http://www.mwomercs.com/gifts under New Reinforcements. Yes, if you win, you will be able to choose more than one mech as long as the combined total does not exceed $30 USD.

Update: PGI has donated a Resistance Wrath Pack and an UrbanMech Collectors Pack to the cause! So, sometime on Saturday between 9 AM and 9 PM Pacific I will randomly choose one viewer to win the UrbanMech Collectors Pack. Then, on Sunday sometime between 9 AM and 9 PM Pacific I will randomly choose one viewer to win the Resistance Wrath Pack. Good luck!

Update 2: Twitch viewer Awesomepawsume and all around awesome person has donated five New Reinforcement codes to the cause! The Timber Wolf A, two Locust 3Vs, and two Griffin 2Ns. I will be giving these out to random Twitch viewers on Monday sometime between 9 AM and 9 PM Pacific. Thanks again Awesomepawsume. :D

Streaming schedule:
April 24 through April 27 from 9 AM Pacific to 9 PM Pacific (that's GMT -7)

Donation link: http://main.national....org/goto/gimpy or http://www.StompingOutMultipleSclerosis.org (yes, I bought a domain name for this)

Twitch link: http://www.twitch.tv/gimpy21

Thank you in advance,
Tim "Gimpy" Beaudoin

P.S. If you want to keep me company or do a drop or two with me, I will be on the No Guts No Galaxy TeamSpeak server the whole time. Just use Control F to find Gimpy.

Edited by Gimpy, 25 April 2015 - 06:22 AM.

#2 Tiger 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

I'll be there to help out as usual B)

#3 Daevien

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

I'll be there helping how I can :)

#4 Asrrin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 200 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

Bumping for awareness!

#5 Gnatter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

Love that you do these events and that the community gets involved! As always I will be watching the twitch and will do my best to drop with you as well during the event.

-Gnatter

#6 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:31 AM

Will be there, you can count on it!

First Agenda:

Kyle or Tina? Could you be so kind as to Pin this thread for Gimpy? There are a few out-dated events that need un-pinning. Would love to see this remain on the Community-Run Events front page for awareness. With advanced notice, I hope many can start checking their couches/cars for spare change, or even set aside a few $$ out of their next two paychecks to donate to such a worthy cause.

#7 Gimpy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:34 AM

Original post has been edited due to Clan Reinforcement mechs not being available for gifting after April 21.

#8 Daevien

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

Should be interesting, there is a big event before the CW reset that weekend now :)

#9 Gimpy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

Updated original post to reflect the addition of the New Reinforcement mechs to the Gift Store as of April 21, 2015. :)

#10 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

My wife is showing early symptoms of MS and has been getting worse the last few years, good cause to support Gimpy, hope you meet your goal.

#11 GreatSeaSpider

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:32 AM

Good luck mate :)

#12 Daevien

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:16 AM

Day 1 has started, check out the live stream even if you can't donate, show your support :)

#13 Urek Mazino

• Pip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

Day 1 is rockin!

#14 Gimpy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

Updated the original post with additional Giveaways courtesy of Awesomepawsume. :)

#15 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:39 AM

It's times like this that really makes me appreciate this community. Congrats on your first day total Gimpy, looks like you are well on your way. (thanks MOM ;)). You kept up with par with last year, as in you hit $1500 by the end of the first day. Almost a third of the way there. Not too shaaaabbyy!

Way to go Community!!!

Edited by Morgana, 25 April 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#16 Gimpy

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

Bumping to remind everyone the last day of the event is starting in about 2 hours and I still have a long way to go (12 hours and about $3000). So, any help in getting the word out would be very much appreciated. Please share my donation page with everyone you know. Thanks!

http://www.StompingOutMultipleSclerosis.org

P.S. Everyone who has killed me these past few days still needs to donate $10 for each time you killed me. I am keeping score. :P

Edited by Gimpy, 27 April 2015 - 06:23 AM.

#17 Palor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 372 posts
  • LocationManitowoc WI

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:55 AM

Please tune in and support this cause.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users