41 replies to this topic

#1 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:55 PM

When you have the exact number you need in your group, everyone has readied up and you're ready to launch....

... and then someone joins your group. Kick player.
... and then someone else joins. Kick player.
"Hi, can I join your-"
Kick player.
"i need 4,5 and-"
Kick player.
"Oh, hi Alistair! Let's-"
Kick player.
"Hi, I'm-"
Kick player.
Kick player.
Kick player.

Posted Image

#2 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Pretty Much ;X sucks when you get the number you need and get roflstomped and dont get the match score :X

Edited by Corbenik, 10 April 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#3 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:45 PM

Ha ha... You was in my group and help me complete to get the rewards. As group leader I found it easier to start a group, go from one till 12.... except for the ones we didn't get a point in/go back and redo them. At first it went like you say in your OP, but then I figured out that you can just hit the leave searching for group button right as you get the needed number of players. Hopefully, everyone stays. This helps in not having to boot players, lol.

#4 RoboPatton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 794 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:54 PM

Posted Image

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:45 PM

Use the "Invite Only" button. Works a charm. We picked up one at a time and climbed the ladder at need tonight. Challenge completed, reward redeemed. EZPZ.

Edited by Terciel1976, 10 April 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#6 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

We tried to use the lfg tool a bit yesterday. Every single time one of our premade members was kicked. Every. Single. Time.
Guys were kicking 3 of 4 guys with the same unit tag and then went GUY HIT THE READY BUTTON HIT THE READDY BUTTON.
And i was like YEAH NO PROBLEM RIGHT AFTER I HIT THE F*CK YOU BUTTON!

Then we created our own group but couldn't find more than 2 guys to join us. After like 5 minutes we thought "hey, we will totally spent 10 minutes to get a group together before waiting 6 minutes to find a 5 minute game, just to have half of the guys leave after the match because they have their point for a certain amount of players... NOT"

Then we had a short giggle on how badly thought out this event is and left the lfg tool forever.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:00 PM

I was even trying to get the specific numbers most of the time and i completed the objective of the Event in the first 4 hours since it started :lol:

#8 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:06 PM

One of the reasons why I am not participating in this challenge. Why not just "use lfg for 15 matches" with the same criteria or something like that. Forcing us to have groups of 2-3 players with randoms is just annoying if you can't set the maximum number of players allowed in your room.

#9 Quxudica

• Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:48 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 10 April 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

When you have the exact number you need in your group, everyone has readied up and you're ready to launch....

"Hi, can I join your-"
Kick player.
"i need 4,5 and-"
Kick player.
Kick player.
"Hi, I'm-"
Kick player.
Kick player.
Kick player.

Posted Image

Yeah this was a poorly thought out event. LFG rooms need A: a Lock to prevent more people from joining if the host chooses, and B: an auto launch once say 80% of the players in the room ready up

#10 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

View PostQuxudica, on 11 April 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

Yeah this was a poorly thought out event. LFG rooms need A: a Lock to prevent more people from joining if the host chooses, and B: an auto launch once say 80% of the players in the room ready up

Uhh... You can already lock the group from other people joining... Just leave the LFG queue if you're the group leader...

#11 Quxudica

• Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 12:57 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 11 April 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

Uhh... You can already lock the group from other people joining... Just leave the LFG queue if you're the group leader...

yay for missing the point? I guess. A group lock so people don't need to kick extras just to get the right group size. Or I guess they could have designed an event that didn't require you to do that to begin with, but either way..

#12 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:00 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 11 April 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

The invites you already sent can still be accepted.

#13 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 10 April 2015 - 06:45 PM, said:

Ha ha... You was in my group and help me complete to get the rewards. As group leader I found it easier to start a group, go from one till 12.... except for the ones we didn't get a point in/go back and redo them. At first it went like you say in your OP, but then I figured out that you can just hit the leave searching for group button right as you get the needed number of players. Hopefully, everyone stays. This helps in not having to boot players, lol.

Crap! I honestly did not know that. That was why it was so frustrating. Maybe that part of the UI could be a bit more visible than it is right now. I wasn't kicking players because I was power tripping, I just didn't know how else to get the appropriate number of players in my group. It was fine at first, when most people needed a lot of different group sizes. But when people specifically needed one or two numbers, it was brutal.

I didn't find the LFG part of the UI intuitive at all. Maybe it was just me.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:29 AM

i usually just say: x,y,z? and a simple yes/no from whoever started it will suffice, and if no, i exit the group and try another.

sometimes it pays to stay in the group after the match, some players will leave but others will stick around, its a good time to suggest the group go again with a different number, and sometimes some of them will agree and the others will leave for another group.

#15 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

View PostWrathful Scythe, on 10 April 2015 - 11:06 PM, said:

One of the reasons why I am not participating in this challenge. Why not just "use lfg for 15 matches" with the same criteria or something like that. Forcing us to have groups of 2-3 players with randoms is just annoying if you can't set the maximum number of players allowed in your room.

You Know this is just a Group Challenge Right? You do not need to use LFG to form your group for the match to qualify.

#16 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 April 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

i usually just say: x,y,z? and a simple yes/no from whoever started it will suffice, and if no, i exit the group and try another.

sometimes it pays to stay in the group after the match, some players will leave but others will stick around, its a good time to suggest the group go again with a different number, and sometimes some of them will agree and the others will leave for another group.

I did that, but during peak hours the players would keep flooding in, since I apparently didn't know I could stop being a public group. Even after we'd launched, you'd see people joining the group saying "oh hello thar, what's going on? I need 4,5, 10 and 12." And of course you can't chat while searching for a match, for whatever reason, so they just thought we were ignoring them.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I did join a few groups where no one was ready and no one was talking. I wondered if they were AFK, but now I realize they had probably clicked 'launch' and were searching for a match. Thus not reading as "deployed" either.

#17 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

Yeah turns out this is not a very friendly challenge. LFG's should always be about welcoming everyone.

#18 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 10 April 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

"Hi, can I join your-"
Kick player.
"i need 4,5 and-"
Kick player.
Kick player.
"Hi, I'm-"
Kick player.
Kick player.
Kick player.

Posted Image

And even when you have the exact number and have launched, players join and quit your group disrupting the launch.

#19 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:29 AM

Posted Image

#20 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

Having to play in each group number of 1 - 10 & 12 was not a good idea and the LFG has become a complete mess right now because of it. The event should have been simply play x amount of games in the LFG queue (normal pre-formed groups does not count) while getting a score of 30+. Simple, easy and does not create the ruckus going on right now.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users