Nova-B Dakka Boat?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:38 PM

Sooo. Yeah... I tried this. It's not bad, not bad at all. When I ran out of ammo, I felt quite accompished. (living that long in a nova is an achievement)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fd3d59c5b4121bd

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:05 AM

imagien those DHS were not fixed, suddenly ammo is sufficient to make these kind of builds real viable choices.

it's amazing how those 4 tons could massively help NVA Ballistic builds to appear on the battlefield.

But you should use the S- RT, because looks better form the cokpit, and gives you a chance to loose the St without getting unarmed so easily.

#3 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

Actually, having one per side means both ST's would have some armor off, and both guns would be lower than the cockpit. With both on one side one gets raised up and you can have it fully armored and have an entire dead side (since the arms really don't shield well

#4 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

It looks hilarious, but would die too easily. The best I could manage, was ERPPC+UAC10 in the torsos. You could kind of jump-snipe with that.

#5 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

@Modo44

I have now run a few more matches, and I don't seem to die any faster. If anything I die slower because I need very little facetime compared to lasers and generally confuse enemies in regards to what they are getting shot by. (also, having a whole side to shield with has saved me to fight again later on a few occasions... *ahem, team abandonment*) Plus, when facing the enemy, They pretty much always aim for the CT, since they can't miss it if you're looking towards them, and that still has full armor. The alternative is dual large pulse I suppose, but you don't get nearly as much dps, and you have to have the newer nova variant to do it, otherwise you'll be cursed to low slung hardpoint syndrome, which is the whole point of this build.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users