Titan (X)

24 replies to this topic

#21 JB III

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:15 PM

While the TITAN X is indeed a wonderful piece of hardware it is now very overpriced. When NVIDIA released the 980 TI they just about threw a slap to the face of every TITAN owner. The 980 TI is essentially a very slightly nerfed TITAN X with half the memory. Even the bench marks are only slightly off between the two. Not nearly enough to make a $300 dollar difference. The only advantage for the TITAN will be time. When the more demanding graphically enhanced and higher resolution games drop the TITAN will be able to shine due to its high memory capacity.
I was considering the TITAN but couldn't bring myself to justify the price tag. Now I'll take a 980 TI instead. Or see what AMD has to offer later this month. Although I'm not expecting a 980 TI or TITAN killer from them, they may drop something comparable for less money.

P.S. Keep up the great screen shots. Very nice!

Edited by JB III, 09 June 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#22 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:15 AM

View PostLordred, on 09 June 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

And I have enjoyed my Titan X. The upcoming AMD will not have 12gb of memory, I am not worried.

Resolution, + hardware configuration.

Thanks sorry but I am a newb at this sort of stuff. I can figure it out if I have the right guidance. I looked at resolution and went to system hardware configuration. is that ingame or system hardware?

Any further advice/guidance would be great. I hear about people being able to dedicate more Vram and get better performace, How do I do that? My titan X is from PNY.

#23 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:17 AM

What version of Windows are you using.

Please provide exact system specifications.

What resolution are you running.

#24 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostLordred, on 12 April 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

x8 MSAA / x16 AF
2048 map shadows

Just on caustic valley @ 2160p I can load up 5259mb of Vram and still get a playable 30fps, where with the 980 I would Vram cap and get a slide show.

Posted Image

View PostLordred, on 12 April 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

x8 MSAA / x16 AF
2048 map shadows

Just on caustic valley @ 2160p I can load up 5259mb of Vram and still get a playable 30fps, where with the 980 I would Vram cap and get a slide show.

Posted Image

How were you able to load more vram? Can you PM me and help walk me through it if you dont mind? Also looking to overclock my Z87 with i7 477k to around 4.2 ish but dont know the formula. Also thats a sexy screen shot!

View PostLordred, on 10 June 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

What version of Windows are you using.

Please provide exact system specifications.

What resolution are you running.

Thank you for your time. I am also looking to OC my proc. Here are sys spec

EVGA Z87 FTW edition
i7 4770k
PNY Titan X Black edition I think
Corsair Dominator 16 gigs @ 1864 (not oc)

Windows 7 64 ultimate

#25 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:24 AM

View PostWoopass, on 10 June 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

How were you able to load more vram? Can you PM me and help walk me through it if you dont mind? Also looking to overclock my Z87 with i7 477k to around 4.2 ish but dont know the formula. Also thats a sexy screen shot!

Vram is only used as required, I am using much more than the average because of the settings I use on top of very high resolution I use.

View PostWoopass, on 10 June 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

Thank you for your time. I am also looking to OC my proc. Here are sys spec

EVGA Z87 FTW edition
i7 4770k
PNY Titan X Black edition I think
Corsair Dominator 16 gigs @ 1864 (not oc)

Windows 7 64 ultimate

I will not tell you how to Overclock. (This is on prinicaple,)

Overclocking is always dangerous for the inexperienced. I highly recommend that you look into it and research it yourself.

I will tell you this. Do not touch your BCLK, leave that alone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users