20 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

With the first patch of 2015 LRMs changed and became much more inaccurate and Artemis does not seem to help now. I thought it was an intermittent HR issue, but my current testing shows this is not the case. In fact Artemis might cause LRMs to be more inaccurate in general use now, but not sure why and certainly before January Artemis was doing mostly what it was supposed to with Line of Sight to the target.

No changes were announced so perhaps something was inadvertently changed that has a bad affect on LRMs. Anyway, it would be nice if LRMs got fixed and Artemis LRMs too. Right now I just don't use Artemis except for SRMs sometimes.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

It would be nice to be more specific on how this was the case. There is no mention of LRM related changes for a while now.

Artemis is only more effective if you have LOS or TAG assisted LOS on the target.

#3 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

I've not noticed any change, and still find Artemis useful on IS LRMs.

#4 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

I had the biggest issues when the Zeus was released. try to target, but the screen would start shaking. Some time enough of a shake that I have to stop playing due to not being able to even move without running into stuff.

#5 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:17 AM

The proof is that there are no more, "LRMs are OP", posts on the forums since January. I would like to believe everyone just suddenly grew some and decided to embrace Battle Tech and LRMs, but you all know that just does not happen. They don't complain now because LRMs are truly junk and the mechs who carry them are easy kills.

How I know is that I specialize in LRMs and I know their behavior very well. But as soon as the first patch of 2015 hit I began seeing LRMs do very strange things that are inexplicable unless they were changed somehow, perhaps inadvertantly. For instance, most striking was the lone Warhawk (it was a straggler with no other mechs on that side of the map) with no AMS that crossed the far end of River City from it's spawn point being rained with LRMs for about a minute from 5 LRM support mechs and take only minor armor damage to it's left arm from about 2000-2500 LRMs.

Things like that began to happen almost every match. It might be how the LRMs path track from longer range post-January. Even LoS with Artemis doesn't change the results. At first I thought it was an HR problem, but now I am fairly certain HR is not the cause.

#6 bossclan

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIndiana United States

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

It is really easy to explain all those lrms not doing damage.
They were being fired from longer than their max range "they still hit but do nothing"

#7 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:48 AM

View Postbossclan, on 14 April 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

They were being fired from longer than their max range "they still hit but do nothing"

They explode once they reach their maximum range. They don't keep flying.

#8 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

View Postbossclan, on 14 April 2015 - 08:32 AM, said:

I was the farthest away at 650-800 meters. The Warhawk was just sitting by itself at the spawn. Didn't move till already under attack. Just one occurrence of LRMs (3x Clan A-LRM 15) doing little or nothing. Prior to January's first patch the same mech was a pretty good stand-off support mech. Good for CW Defense missions. I was very familiar with it's normal average abilities in 2014 and that first patch of 2015 turned it to useless junk.

#9 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

Lightfoot have you tried them on the Testing grounds? How do they fare there?
Thanks
G7

#10 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

LRMS are working just fine, both on the sending and on the receiving end. In fact it's a little irksome how much they still focus on the CT area....

#11 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 14 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 14 April 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

Lightfoot have you tried them on the Testing grounds? How do they fare there?
Thanks
G7

On Testing Grounds they work correctly, however if I were to say something has changed there it is that the angle required for a CT hit is now almost dead-on or they will hit the shoulder areas.

View PostTelmasa, on 14 April 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

LRMS are working just fine, both on the sending and on the receiving end. In fact it's a little irksome how much they still focus on the CT area....

No they are not. If they were working as a threat you would see numerous posts about "LRMs are OP" on the forums like you did for 2 plus years. No, LRMs are seriously nerfed or bugged now and pose no threat in most configurations and Artemis is mostly neutralized by the changes in spite of it working in Testing Grounds with dead-on shots. Basically players don't complain because LRM mechs are no threat and easy kills so just some "No-Sauce" for the goose or K/D ratios. Warhawk can use them, but relies on it's Lasers to survive.

Honestly I was using mostly a Vulture with LRMs at this time period so the difference was night and day after that first patch. The mech worked very well and then not at all after the first 2015 patch and I had to retire it.

#12 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:07 PM

People don't post about LRMs being OP because it's a topic that's been beaten to death.

Plus, they got ECM and BAP OP-ness/counter-balance to a reasonable level.

You may ask all the Warhawk LRM pilots out there - or me when I'm in my founder's Catapult - about how much of a 'no threat' LRMs are.

Your thread here is a bunch of narrow-viewpoint hubris.

#13 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 14 April 2015 - 11:07 PM, said:

People don't post about LRMs being OP because it's a topic that's been beaten to death.

Plus, they got ECM and BAP OP-ness/counter-balance to a reasonable level.

You may ask all the Warhawk LRM pilots out there - or me when I'm in my founder's Catapult - about how much of a 'no threat' LRMs are.

Your thread here is a bunch of narrow-viewpoint hubris.

Inner Sphere LRMs are a little better off than Clan because they hit in a volley, but they weigh twice as much so I suppose they should be a little better.

And all those things you mention as anti-LRM have been active since September and did nothing to abate the 3-4 constant "Nerf LRM OP" threads running on the forums, but the January 2015 patch hits and suddenly everyone is tired of posting LRM hate messages? Like I say, did they suddenly grow some and decide to embrace Battle Tech and LRMs? No, that's naive to think that would ever happen. People don't change, well not the LRM-haters. They have always been a part of MechWarrior.

That's not the basis of my info anyway, it just proves the point without delving into the revealing minutia that awesome LRMer's like yourself don't need to know. :ph34r:

#14 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

Thanks for the reply Lightfoot.
I must say that I was very heavily into LRM's until CW hit the scene then I moved more into direct fire. Almost exclusively direct fire now.
I am beginning to think you may be onto something here.
G7

#15 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 776 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:07 PM

Missiles are not working as intended. There is an error in the code and the solution has been provided to the devs. Hopefully it will be in the next patch. Lightfoot's statement is valid. Patience... :ph34r:

Edited by ExoForce, 15 April 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#16 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:17 PM

Good news then...... for some.

#17 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 14 April 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

Really? >_> I swear, when I'm getting LRM-spammed, my legs come flying off long before I'm in danger of death by torso... and I pack full-ish armor on my legs. Seems like 80% of LRMs go for my legs these days, though it may only be in certain chassis... which... should be looked into if that's the case...

#18 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 15 April 2015 - 06:47 PM, said:

Really? >_> I swear, when I'm getting LRM-spammed, my legs come flying off long before I'm in danger of death by torso... and I pack full-ish armor on my legs. Seems like 80% of LRMs go for my legs these days, though it may only be in certain chassis... which... should be looked into if that's the case...

Centurion would be one that loses it's legs first especially the left leg. Maybe it is those mechs with wide spaced legs?

#19 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostExoForce, on 15 April 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Missiles are not working as intended. There is an error in the code and the solution has been provided to the devs. Hopefully it will be in the next patch. Lightfoot's statement is valid. Patience... :ph34r:

Can you elaborate please?
Thank you!
G7

#20 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

I can't speak to everyone's experience, but I've found my LRM Stormcrow to still be quite effective after not having played the game in two months, or the Stormcrow in three or so. Three LRM15s, one LRM5, a NARC (which I can't hit anything with ever) and one ER Medium Laser. My LRM Warhawk also seems to be just fine. I can't remember the loadout, but it's a lot of LRMs. I almost exclusively chain fire. Maybe there's an issue, but I haven't seen it at this point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users