34 replies to this topic

#1 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

Hello

This is a bit of a rant/rage thread.

The upcoming event 'Battle of tuykkiad' is the single most important engagement in BT universe. Now my knowledge of BT Is not that great but i dont remeber IS houses as the main fighting force in this engagement and yet in mwo this event is being fought between IS and clan mechs.

I do not understand why the devs have to rush out a very important event like this and for what purpose? It's illogical imo.. Same mechs, same maps and it will the same old thing that is being sone in CW for last three months. and frankly if they plan to do this major engagement over and over again then well whats the point of having it as a special event?

In a perfect environment imo they should have announced comstar mech pack or packs, released all if them on the same date and use that as the event special. I am sure people would prefer having comstar mechs to fight this battle instead of IS mechs with is Houses. They could have delayed this event for abother 6 months, its not like the world would have ended.

Atleast i am super disappointed in this. Open beta, game launch, clan invasion and now this. All of them could have been big muscles for the game but unfortunately they are not.

Rage ended.. Thanks for reading...lets see if we will have more than 1800 concurrent player playing this massive event this time

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:35 PM

They wanted to do something special for the map reset. I doubt this will be the only Battle of Tukkayid we will have.

#3 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

Well, I see this from a different angle.

People have been complaining about lack of CW numbers.

Over the last few weeks there has been a CW event followed up by the release of LFG and an event rewarding players that use this function. LFG is all about assisting people find teams and with a chat feature before the drop occurs.

Now there is going to be (hopefully) one big event for the Battle of Tukayyid that is the end of the first phase of CW and gives rewards to all players participating.

Ok, CW still requires a lot of work but at least PGI is trying to get a greater interest of players in playing in CW mode. Second season is all a fresh start and all i can think that throughout this year CW will be improved upon greatly.

Yes - I am a glass half full type of guy.

Guarantees that the Battle of Tukayyid will occur again (bigger and better with associated rewards) and hopefully another map may be introduced for this event

10/10 to PGI for trying!

Cheers!
Eboli

#4 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:51 PM

It doesn't seem so outlandish that they'd run this event. They decided that a CW reset is going to happen. They then decided they WOULDN'T just go "aiight boys, CW #1 is over, see you tomorrow for CW #2" because that would be pretty anti-climactic.

I'm not saying the event is perfect, and believe me, I'm more of a BT nerd/sperg than you. I'd LOVE to have more lore-based immersion in the game, with player-driven politics active, planets MEANING something, faction resources and mech bonuses for using "lore-appropriate" mechs.

Maybe those things will come. Probably not, because its just my personal dream, not the way to financial success for PGI. I'm far from a millionaire that can bankroll my own game!

But I would rather have this event than absolutely nothing denoting the end of CW #1.

#5 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:00 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 18 April 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

The upcoming event 'Battle of tuykkiad' is the single most important engagement in BT universe.

Indeed it is, but it would have been nice to involve the Lone Wolves and Mercenary Corporations too, so I will not be partaking. But I do hope all who do have fun.

Same mechs, same maps and it will the same old thing that is being sone in CW for last three months.

A map would have been nice, but in defence of PGI, they do not have time or resources.

In a perfect environment imo they should have announced comstar mech pack or packs, released all if them on the same date and use that as the event special.

Since ComStar used Inner Sphere mechs, it would be just a case of issuing out ComStar skins, (white with yellow stripe ?) for all Inner Sphere mechs, only useable for the event and gone from inventory at the end, just like one-shot camo patterns.

#6 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostEboli, on 18 April 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

Yes - I am a glass half full type of guy.

The glass can never be empty.

Half full.... 50% water, 50% air. 100% full.

In space full of space.

:ph34r:

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 18 April 2015 - 11:20 PM.

#7 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 18 April 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

The glass can never be empty.

Half full.... 50% water, 50% air. 100% full.

In space full of space.

:ph34r:

What if it's in vacuum?

#8 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 18 April 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

What if it's in vacuum?

No such thing in nature (that we know of yet). So it would be in an artificial state.

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 18 April 2015 - 11:30 PM.

#9 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 18 April 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

Indeed it is, but it would have been nice to involve the Lone Wolves and Mercenary Corporations too, so I will not be partaking. But I do hope all who do have fun.

A map would have been nice, but in defence of PGI, they do not have time or resources.

Since ComStar used Inner Sphere mechs, it would be just a case of issuing out ComStar skins, (white with yellow stripe ?) for all Inner Sphere mechs, only useable for the event and gone from inventory at the end, just like one-shot camo patterns.

Not having resources is such a bad thing this is why i said delay it till it's actually something new and different before doing it.
Comstar mechs were old IS mechs whoch IS dont had with them anymore. They were more than patterns. Comstar mech packs should have been brought out for this event specifically instead of the upcoming ressitance wave 2

#10 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Frankly, it's ******* pointless.

#11 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostDirk Le Daring, on 18 April 2015 - 11:30 PM, said:

No such thing in nature (that we know of yet). So it would be in an artificial state.

Even if it's an artificial state, that does prove that a glass CAN be completely empty.

#12 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 18 April 2015 - 11:30 PM, said:

Not having resources is such a bad thing this is why i said delay it till it's actually something new and different before doing it.

It's the nature of the beast, remember that (in my opinion) IGP torpedoed PGI a few times, on many things, but I do hope the ship does not sink. Gotta remember the business contracts, those things drafted by lawyers. It means limitation.
And consider that they have only about 50 people, not many for such a project, but doing well in my opinion.

Comstar mechs were old IS mechs whoch IS dont had with them anymore. They were more than patterns.

I am unfamiliar with the old mechs. LosTech ? In any case PGI had to choose a path, and what we have should suffice.

Comstar mech packs should have been brought out for this event specifically instead of the upcoming ressitance wave 2

I would say that this is probably a close to last-minute decision. So I'd say not enough time, and for the one battle, maybe not economical on resources. So cannot blame 'em.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 18 April 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

Even if it's an artificial state, that does prove that a glass CAN be completely empty.

OK, can be, but like the philosophy, we have to make it empty. ;) :D

Edited by Dirk Le Daring, 18 April 2015 - 11:43 PM.

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,984 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 11:57 PM

The upcoming event 'Battle of tuykkiad' is the single most important engagement in BT universe. Now my knowledge of BT Is not that great but i dont remeber IS houses as the main fighting force in this engagement and yet in mwo this event is being fought between IS and clan mechs.

That's true.

This gigantic battle was fought between ComStar (and its ComGuard) and the Clans (the Ghost Bears, the Wolves, the Jade Falcons, the Smoke Jaguars, the Nova Cats, the Steel Vipers and the Diamond Sharks)

However, ComStar is not in MWO as playable faction. And there is not enough players to fill seven Clans (although I know that some people would love to play for the Sharks or the Nova Cats).

I do not understand why the devs have to rush out a very important event like this and for what purpose? It's illogical imo.. Same mechs, same maps and it will the same old thing that is being sone in CW for last three months. and frankly if they plan to do this major engagement over and over again then well whats the point of having it as a special event?

I guess you are quite new in MWO, aren't you? Because otherwise you would notice how repetetive this game is. ;)
So why do you expect something different in this particular case?

In a perfect environment imo they should have announced comstar mech pack or packs, released all if them on the same date and use that as the event special. I am sure people would prefer having comstar mechs to fight this battle instead of IS mechs with is Houses.

The problem is that ComStar had no "special" ComStar 'Mechs in this era. Some of them will appear later (such as the Beowulf, the Kheper or the Uraeus).

So here the only 'Mechs that could be considered to be "ComStar 'Mechs" are originally SLDF 'Mechs stored by ComStar and otherwise extinct (or almost extinct) in the Inner Sphere, such as the Shootist, the Spartan, the Excalibur, the Mongoose or the Exterminator)

They could have delayed this event for abother 6 months, its not like the world would have ended.

Atleast i am super disappointed in this. Open beta, game launch, clan invasion and now this. All of them could have been big muscles for the game but unfortunately they are not.

Rage ended.. Thanks for reading...lets see if we will have more than 1800 concurrent player playing this massive event this time

My guess? People will come, get their prizes and then leave - exactly as they did in previous two or three CW challenges. And this is no surprise - getting massacred by premades full of Ryokens and Madcats gets old really fast.

#14 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:09 AM

Comstar kept alotta old IS mechs with Lostech like XL engines and ERLarge Lasers, and Uac5s. You know, they stuff they gave IS access to already.

#15 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:17 AM

I wonder why they try to "press" people into CW. I know that expression is too hard but it is either do that event nor none.

After all it is meant to be the mode for the "pros".

Edited by Bush Hopper, 19 April 2015 - 12:29 AM.

#16 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:41 AM

I will give you this point OP, the idea was around for a while, this thread from three years ago.... http://mwomercs.com/...le-of-tukayyid/

#17 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:46 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 April 2015 - 11:57 PM, said:

That's true.

This gigantic battle was fought between ComStar (and its ComGuard) and the Clans (the Ghost Bears, the Wolves, the Jade Falcons, the Smoke Jaguars, the Nova Cats, the Steel Vipers and the Diamond Sharks)

However, ComStar is not in MWO as playable faction. And there is not enough players to fill seven Clans (although I know that some people would love to play for the Sharks or the Nova Cats).

I guess you are quite new in MWO, aren't you? Because otherwise you would notice how repetetive this game is. ;)
So why do you expect something different in this particular case?

The problem is that ComStar had no "special" ComStar 'Mechs in this era. Some of them will appear later (such as the Beowulf, the Kheper or the Uraeus).

So here the only 'Mechs that could be considered to be "ComStar 'Mechs" are originally SLDF 'Mechs stored by ComStar and otherwise extinct (or almost extinct) in the Inner Sphere, such as the Shootist, the Spartan, the Excalibur, the Mongoose or the Exterminator)

My guess? People will come, get their prizes and then leave - exactly as they did in previous two or three CW challenges. And this is no surprise - getting massacred by premades full of Ryokens and Madcats gets old really fast.

I have been here for way to long niw. And every major event i hope something different will happen. Sigh i guess i expect too much :(

View PostLeone, on 19 April 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

Comstar kept alotta old IS mechs with Lostech like XL engines and ERLarge Lasers, and Uac5s. You know, they stuff they gave IS access to already.

Then maybe give all IS houses the name of comstar guards for this event. Atleast give us the feeling

View PostBush Hopper, on 19 April 2015 - 12:17 AM, said:

I wonder why they try to "press" people into CW. I know that expression is too hard but it is either do that event nor none.

Because its supposedly a huge feature of the game and people did not find it interesting enough to switch. So they are forcing

#18 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:50 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 19 April 2015 - 12:17 AM, said:

because those "pros" need pugs to feed off of. without pugs CW dies.

#19 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:56 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 19 April 2015 - 01:50 AM, said:

because those "pros" need pugs to feed off of. without pugs CW dies.

Fresh meat for the grinder...

#20 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:28 AM

Hey, learning how to use utensils to eat was hard at first ... but you got that down pat now. Just think how easy CW will be after you have done it for awhile. Even if you dont have faith in yourself, I have faith in you.

Buck up little campers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users