Color Blind Mode?

134 replies to this topic

#101 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:03 PM

Im color blind to red and green, they both turn out grey to me. Or maybe grey turns red or green to me... Idk...

When i play mwo, a lot of things blend grey to me... Basically many different shades of grey...

#102 NUSQUAM

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:16 PM

I'm colorblind as well. I can never see my lance-mates chevrons above them. That pale color is lost to me completely. The red and blue are fine, but the lance color might as well be 0% opacity.

#103 I I

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:03 PM

PGI your color blind mode is a bad joke and shows genuine lack of concern for individuals with disabilities.

Not only do you need to allow people to modify the cross hairs but you need to allow the text for the range finder to be high contrast also. The black on red is super hard to see most of the time if you are colorblind. 8% of all males are colorblind and .05% of females. Guess who plays more video games ? Males....see the problem?

#104 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

So, after all this time, we still have no actual color blind support.
Many colorblind people have trouble seeing the target reticle in the first place.
So having additional lines flash when a hit is made is zero help.
At least allow the player to choose between IS or Clan coloring on any mech.

#105 Dar1ng One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 227 posts
  • LocationArena Contender Royal

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:04 AM

Mmmmmmmm.....yes

i never really gave 2 shits about this feature, until now. Please fix as I am having real trouble now tracking fast movers.

Mech-Cellent!

#106 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

still waiting for an actual colorblind mode....

#107 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:46 AM

As a colorblind fellow, I think the biggest issue I have is with being able to read the paper doll. The green to yellow to red seems hard enough to get good info out of anyway, but when you have difficulty telling green from yellow and from red, getting anywhere near accurate information on the health of a mech is borderline impossible. Adding a simple per component percentage overlay to the paper doll would be a huge help.

Planetside 2 had a great colorblind mode, as it allowed the player to pick the color of their UI elements, meaning player could adjust it to what suited them best.

#108 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:15 AM

usually a question of contrasts - visibility is a thing - i really really hate playing Forest Colony for the reason of visibility - while it is poor for the most - its T-Rex feeling for me - only see moving targets or when they are shooting - or when there is some light - that shines through the forest.
during dawn or dust - i have even issues in seeing a mech on the water,

i think the main reason for predator view was visibility - if you want more info warfare try in "hinding" mechs by using predator view (could even be explained by the intelligence of the DI system that try not to overload the user with unnecessary information - a ECM field cause strange IR interference that will be filtered by the targeting system of a mech - stuff)

its a FPS nothing more - to not see stuff doesn't increase the fun because its somehow maybe plausible its only frustrating - when you fear that "good" visibility is bad you need to add dusk and blizzards to the few maps were visibility is possible by good contrasts

speaking of contrasts - your minimap should also be not a screenshot of the terrain, can you decolorize it?Removing textures of the terrain and only keep the light so you can easy see different terrain elevations?

Edited by Karl Streiger, 19 June 2017 - 12:19 AM.

#109 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 19 June 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

speaking of contrasts - your minimap should also be not a screenshot of the terrain, can you decolorize it?Removing textures of the terrain and only keep the light so you can easy see different terrain elevations?

The mini-map probably should have a couple of different modes, Topographic mode being one such option...

#110 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

View PostWolf Clearwater, on 17 June 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

still waiting for an actual colorblind mode....

The few threads Tina makes get very little, if any follow up responses. It would be nice to know if this is an on going project or if color blind people have just been left to deal with it.

#111 Therron Keen

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:28 AM

I think just having a slider to adjust HUD color would solve all my problems. :/

#112 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:59 PM

Over 2 years and **** all results from PGI.

And the real kicker the one person that wanted to actually help people gets the big middle finger from PGI.

Edited by Reaver2145, 01 September 2017 - 04:00 PM.

#113 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:24 AM

I'd like to bring this back up - this is something that I'm still waiting for.

#114 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:26 AM

I wish. The way I see enemy mechs is when they hit me.

#115 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 17 April 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

Questions for you MechWarriors!

In the last Town Hall Meeting with Russ (April 16th, 2015), a question came up regarding having Color Blind Mode in-game.

What we'll need from you first however are some statistics and definitions about this.

So let's discuss!

lets see PGI asked this back in 17 April 2015 an its now 8 September 2017 an there still no colorblind support... I'm going to bit MW5 will be the same way. with a side of wanna buy a mechpack. I just really disappointed with PGI

#116 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

View Postkf envy, on 08 September 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

lets see PGI asked this back in 17 April 2015 an its now 8 September 2017 an there still no colorblind support... I'm going to bit MW5 will be the same way. with a side of wanna buy a mechpack. I just really disappointed with PGI

I might make mention that some color blind support has been added in. Though it isn't much.

I might also remind people that, although I sympathize with anyone who has issues with the game due to color blindness, there are probably a relatively small portion of the player population that are color blind. There is also only so much that one can expect to be done. Though some excellent suggestions have already been made, such as the ability to change the color of the HUD for example.

Basically, I'm just reminding that PGI can't do everything all at once and they do have to consider the amount of work placed into a project and how many people it will have an impact on.
As a side note, most game I know of don't have any kind of color blind support at all...

#117 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

View PostTesunie, on 08 September 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

I might make mention that some color blind support has been added in. Though it isn't much.

I might also remind people that, although I sympathize with anyone who has issues with the game due to color blindness, there are probably a relatively small portion of the player population that are color blind. There is also only so much that one can expect to be done. Though some excellent suggestions have already been made, such as the ability to change the color of the HUD for example.

Basically, I'm just reminding that PGI can't do everything all at once and they do have to consider the amount of work placed into a project and how many people it will have an impact on.
As a side note, most game I know of don't have any kind of color blind support at all...

I can barely agree about the amount of work intended. I have to ask people who ask for a color blind, which color blind mode do you want cause remember you have 6 color blindness which can be corrected, and each one need some adjustments, and each people of the same color blindness especially with the 3 trichromacy haven't the same sensativity.

PS : not important but BTW I'm nearly a tritanopian, that's mean blues appears greenish and yellows went pink. I'm just not really one cause I can see a pure blue color.

#118 Quandoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:01 AM

Ain't there any ENB profiles enabling color blind?

#119 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

View PostQuandoo, on 08 June 2018 - 07:01 AM, said:

Ain't there any ENB profiles enabling color blind?

Currently, there is only the "color blind reticle" option in the game, which just makes the reticle change shape and color when you hit a target.

However, in another thread someone suggested a possible work around for color blind people. If you have Win 10, it has some built in support features that might assist but changing all your colors for everything. Basically, rather than expecting the game to conform to you, why not have your computer do that task for you? If you are color blind, shouldn't setting up a color blind feature on your computer be of more help in the long run?

Sadly, I do not know the feature that was discussed, and I don't have links to send you to them. Sorry.

#120 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:10 PM

I gave up on this and many other issues I’ve brought up. Paper doll is literally worthless to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users