Lost Interest

13 replies to this topic

#1 Avengar

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

So I just finished MechWarrior 4 merc again after a long time, I find myself wishing for more and not interested in playing MWO right now. I'm sure i'll start playing again in a couple of months this game is my only fix for the MechWarrior universe so I KNOW i'll be back but it just seems to pale in comparison, game play wise. so has this ever happened to any of you?

#2 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

You probably crave PvE, which MWO has none of

#3 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

always keep a min of 2 games on your drive to swap back and forth with. its gamer law written somewhere or other.

personally I like to play tabletop with friends occasionally to remind me on how much I love playing mwo. nothing like 30 minutes of math to determine you suffered insta-death the first round to remind me how much I love my 15min fights online.

Edited by Geist Null, 18 April 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#4 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:07 PM

Yep, MW:O is only so entrancing. It's my longest running game coming up on three years of relatively consistent play (off and on) but it is by no means the be all and end all. I mean, great game and all, and it's the only way to play modern MP MW consistently, but it is what it is. Which is still an arena based MW shooter.

Sometimes you just gotta go play something else, or give gaming a general break for a weak or so.

The best thing is, when you come back to MW:O it feels super immersive again! For a day or so. :P

#5 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:21 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 18 April 2015 - 02:57 PM, said:

You probably crave PvE immersion, which MWO has none of

ftfy

#6 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostAvengar, on 18 April 2015 - 02:52 PM, said:

So I just finished MechWarrior 4 merc again after a long time, I find myself wishing for more and not interested in playing MWO right now. I'm sure i'll start playing again in a couple of months this game is my only fix for the MechWarrior universe so I KNOW i'll be back but it just seems to pale in comparison, game play wise. so has this ever happened to any of you?

K bye. MW4 Mercernaries is a single player campaign/story based game, MWO is a multiplayer game without a PVE element (at least so far, Russ said he wanted to do PVE at some point) so go ahead and take a break. You won't be the first and won't be the last. Every online game will tire people out (beyond the exceptions), and even I get tired of singleplayer games at some point, but at some point I (and I assume others) return to the game at some points to finish it (single player) or continue playing it (I am a LONG time player of Mabinogi and return to it now and then for a short time after short breaks).

#7 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

The way the game has gone over the years has seriously dropped my interest. I started out as a nightly player for like a solid year from the beginning of closed beta. However the last 2'ish years I play about 2-3'ish times / per month. Sometimes I get excited enough to try a new chasis and I'll go all in for a week. But then all the bugs, unbalance, bad MM, and other issues slowly kill my enthusiasm and I'm back to 2 x month at best (been on hiatus for about 5 weeks now).

Some decent PvE for fun would be a HUGE boost at this time.

#8 Dahnyol

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

I think it is because you do more in those games than drop in a similar mech with similar weapons to fight in a similar maps on similar modes for similar objectives.

#9 ForeverN00b

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUnited States Navy

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:35 PM

I had fun in the campaign of MW4 Mercs, but it was the multiplayer that made MW4 Mercs shine the most IMO. I just got back into this game chasing the rush I would get from a good PvP match in MW4 Mercs. Even though I started in Beta, I took a long break for PGI to work out the premade/PUG MM issue. It seems like they have done that, and PUGs are now a lot more fun IMO. Sure, there are balance issues but in a game like this there will always be balance issues. Even World of Tanks has balance issues, and tanks are a lot simpler than Mechs (given they only have one weapon, no heat management, etc.....).

#10 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:37 PM

So what take a break. On the bright side this game is making huge additions to content and some are already for sure on the way.

I fully expect they are holding alot of cards for the steam release. By the sounds of it thats the real launch of this game. Not a fan of steam because it disables even offline games if not connected to steam(i really hope this changed or someone has sued them black and blue by now for it) last time i checked but this game is going into the big fish bowl when it goes on steam.

Anyway dont hesitate to take a break now, but the whole Steam thing will be worth checking out thats for sure.

Edited by Johnny Z, 18 April 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#11 FireDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:43 PM

MW4 was a great PvP game. Especially when MeckTek added about a hundred mechs and weapons. The Sunder Mission server was a force 1st person/Puretech and was a full server most every night. The maps were not as petty as MWO'S but were far superior for varied game play. I do have to admit the MWO folks are starting to make some decent maps but I really wish they would add some randomizing elements. Things like Team A/B attacks B/A defends, Both Attack, Have to kill Dropships, Have to kill HQ and Comms, Knock out generator to bring down turret grid, Kill Col Renard or his team, take Turret controller and turn defense turrets back on defenders, kill missile battery in less than 5 minutes, first team to center pylon gets about 15 hovercraft reinforcements, both teams get a battalion of heavy AI tanks to help out, both teams have dueling dropships overhead to watch out for. Lots of things to keep things fresh. Anyway, PGI is slowly making progress and is better every patch, (except for the jump jets, :-( )

#12 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

Another thread illustrating the importance of new game modes (whether it be PvE, new solo-queue stuff, or properly incentivized versions of the ones we have now.

Gonna really start harping on this. Buckle up, folks.

#13 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

50 players on my unit all quit playing over the last 6 months... You aren't alone.

Edited by DjPush, 18 April 2015 - 09:03 PM.

#14 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

View PostDahnyol, on 18 April 2015 - 07:29 PM, said:

I think it is because you do more in those games than drop in a similar mech with similar weapons to fight in a similar maps on similar modes for similar objectives.

Yeah, because there's totally infinite missions to do in MW4...
It's fine to admit that you just don't want to play PvP because you're not up for the challenge. It's hard for some people. Players are the end-game boss, and some people just want to play casual mode. There's nothing wrong with that. Just don't go blaming MWO for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users