#41 Desenova

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostMadcap Jester, on 15 November 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

Hello there. I applied at your site, but Im not sure I did it correctly. If you have the time Id love to do some drops to see if I am a fit for you , and if you are a fit for me. :)

Hey there,

Glad you chose to join us. Feel free to add any of us and we'll be sure to pick you up and have you drop with us. We're on at a pretty regular basis.

#42 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostDesenova, on 15 November 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

Hey there,

Glad you chose to join us. Feel free to add any of us and we'll be sure to pick you up and have you drop with us. We're on at a pretty regular basis.

Absolutely! Come join us for friendly drops!

#43 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

New Artwork: Pilot Gothic Vash and his Timberwolf " Freya's Revenge".

Gothic Vash was once a renegade periphery pirate from the Pirates Haven Cluster. He encountered the Monitors during their pursuit of a bounty on behalf of a Steiner noble. From this encounter a mutual cooperation between Gothic's pirate unit and the monitors was formed. Gothic is independent but has decided to stick around with the monitors. As it turns out the mercenary business was lucrative. During the battle for Marik Gothic Vash had lost his hunchback in an attempt to save a monitor pilot. Out of gratitude the Monitors salvaged a Timberwolf mech for Gothic and help him restore it to full functionality, and painted in Gothic's favorite color: Purple. The camaraderie between the Monitor and Gothic has only grown stronger, and for both many more adventures await.

Posted Image

Commisioned by CainenEX
Illustrated by Demarch Daguinotas

Edited by CainenEX, 15 November 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#44 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

Behold the new unit banner. Revel in it's glory!

Posted Image

#45 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

Tune in to this sunday's LRM vs The Meta. I'll be hosting with BanditB17. It's going to be a great event!

#46 Desenova

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 12 December 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostCainenEX, on 29 November 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

Behold the new unit banner. Revel in it's glory!

Posted Image

When do I get my banner? ;)

#47 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostDesenova, on 12 December 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

When do I get my banner? Posted Image

You never asked for one ;p

How are you still tier 5 after the ownage you've been dishing out in solo and group queue?
I sometimes question this tier system...

Edited by CainenEX, 14 December 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#48 Desenova

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:10 AM

View PostCainenEX, on 14 December 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

You never asked for one ;p

How are you still tier 5 after the ownage you've been dishing out in solo and group queue?
I sometimes question this tier system...

I'm almost out of tier 5. Give me a week.

#49 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 10:35 AM

View PostDesenova, on 15 December 2015 - 01:10 AM, said:

I'm almost out of tier 5. Give me a week.

Oh yeah? Well go kick some *** :)

#50 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:44 AM

MRBC is coming up and we've got new people signed up for the 8 man 5 bout drops!
Got some friendly skirmishes going. Tonight: vs the Preatorean legion

#51 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:11 AM

Wow we haven't kicked this topic in awhile :P

Howdy folks! We've been busy in the MRBC circuit. Recruitment is still open but a few changes will be coming down the pipeline. Including starting a new recruitment process. Send us your applications so we can drop with you :)

#52 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

It's time for another artwork post. Vlad outdoes himself again with this one!
Story credit goes to JD on this one. He wrote up a fantastic piece!

Open File---

Character: Jeffrey “JD” Toker

Background: Former Lyran Officer and Nobleman of House Steiner

Born into a minor noble family steeped in military tradition within the Lyran Commonwealth known for its military policy of promotion based on pedigree, as well as talent. Being of a minor family “JD” had a hard time navigating the political avenues and the “old boys club” mentality established throughout the Lyran military hierarchy. He could not stomach the prevalence of the many poor officers he reported to because of the “promotion based on pedigree” practices, this lead him to many run-ins and confrontations with his superiors and earned him a reputation for being difficult, but despite this he was still well known and respected as a very competent MechWarrior and officer. “JD” prefers a more daring style of mobile warfare which is opposed to the Lyrans tradition of using a preponderance of larger BattleMechs vs. sound tactics and planning. Despite all of this as a young officer in the Lyran Guards “JD” still managed to rise through the ranks rather quickly. “JD” was known to live the lifestyle of a young wealthy Lyran noble, used to the finer things in life and the comforts that wealth afforded him. He was known to usually be courting the attentions of eligible noble women where ever his commands brought him throughout the Inner Sphere. But his fall from grace was also equally rapid.

Through an exposed affair with the beautiful wife of a prominent General in the upper echelons of the Lyran Guards, he was quickly blackballed among the officer ranks and denied the more prestigious commands, eventually leading assignments on backwater worlds of the ‘Sphere by the Steiner higher command. “JD” quickly became frustrated with his situation and prospects for fame and glory. Eventually he left the Lyran military and found his way to the arenas of the Solaris VII. He did well and made a name for himself and accumulated some wealth that allowed him to regain some of the luxurious lifestyle of his former life. But soon he became disenchanted with the debauched and hedonistic path his life had taken afforded to a popular MechWarrior on the arenas of Solaris VII. His heart yearned to serve a higher cause again and continue with his families’ military footsteps. He also missed the comradery and brotherhood of being part of a military unit.

Fortunately, he eventually came across members of the Monitors Unit on Solaris VII and found that their ideals aligned closely with the new direction he wanted for his life. So this is where “JD” finds himself now, a respected officer in the command staff of the Monitors. He still retains an air of the noble birth that was his past and he can be quite arrogant at times, which riles members of the unit until they get to know him, of course. He still has a taste for the finer things in life and can often be found indulging in good food and drink in the more upscale eateries of the many worlds the Monitors contracts bring them too, more often than not in the company of a companion for the evening.

http://i.imgur.com/86MZfOQ.jpg
[spoiler=Picture]Posted Image[/spoiler]

Favorite Mech - Thunderbolt-9SE – (circa 3050) Not a dainty mech, more of a tanky machine in both performance and appearance, but retains good speed and extra maneuverability due to being jumpjet capable and great for a Mechwarrior like “JD” who prefers a daring style of mobile warfare. More of a practical and efficient fighter rather than a sexy looking battlemech. It began life as an early planetary-assault 'Mech about 500 years ago (circa 2500) but at only 65 tons the “T-Bolt” was quickly out classed and had its designation changed to a Heavy Battlemech eventually. The Thunderbolt is a well-armed and well-armored 'Mech, rivaling some assault 'Mechs and it is feared and respected by many. Another interesting note is that the Thunderbolt is known for having a roomy cockpit, compared to that of the Atlas or BattleMaster. Which is ideal for a former Steiner noble like JD, who expects to be surrendered by the finer things in life and living comfortably on and off the battlefield.

“I am not going to be crammed into a stuffy smelly cockpit.”

Close File---

#53 poopenshire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 684 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2016 - 05:52 AM

that is just too much awesome for this thread!

#54 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:28 PM

View Postpoopenshire, on 18 April 2016 - 05:52 AM, said:

that is just too much awesome for this thread!

Thanks man :)
Hmmm, perhaps you are right. I was thinking of grabbing our artwork to display on the reddit. Seems like alot of people here like the new artwork that gets posted :)

#55 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 04:53 AM

Time to update this again. So recently the weekly firday night training has been going great! I'm glad to see so much of the unit on. I think we'll have a few surprises in store for the community in 2016. Keep watch and find out ;)

#56 Genisys

• Pip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 17 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

hi. do you have teamspeak? I would like to join as a guest and do some drops and check you out, see how the unit is like.

#57 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

View PostGenisys, on 03 June 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

hi. do you have teamspeak? I would like to join as a guest and do some drops and check you out, see how the unit is like.

Sure thing come join us on Teamspeak. Feel free to do as many drop as you like with us :)

celsian.typefrag.com:7615

#58 Delilaha

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:20 AM

Things are a little slow, with summer here and all, but just wanted to say I'm REALLY enjoying the Unit, and felt this needed a bump.

#59 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

Time to bump this damn thing again. Yep we are still in the game and most alive! Come join us!

#60 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

Hey Monitors, can drive-by casuals hang out with you too?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users