What Mechs Do You Think Need Some Hitbox Love?

29 replies to this topic

#1 Jazzbandit1313

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,088 posts
  • Location--- Star's End ---- -- Novo Cressidas --

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

Give me a top three list, one being the one with the most need for hitbox changes.

1. Warhawk

2. Gargoyle

3. Awesome

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:34 PM

1. Jenner
2. Jenner
3. Jenner
4. Catapult
5. Dragon

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 19 April 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Warhawk, Jenner. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head that really has an issue. The Jenner is way too much CT, and the Warhawk is the reverse: All side torso.

#4 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

Warhawk
Jenner
Awesome
Quickdraw
Orion
Thunderbolt
Catapult
Kintaro
Cataphract
Nova
Battlemaster

I'm sure there are more

#5 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

The Catapult needs hitbox adjustments badly. Being outclassed completely by same class mechs with almost the same weight (TBH, Vulture) and being made redunant is one thing, being a walking coffin compared to those mechs thanks to completely oversized height, CT and missile arm boxes on top of the probably still largest cockpit hitbox in the game is another thing entirely and that's just sad.

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 19 April 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#6 MATRAKA14

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:52 PM

The catapult it's just too big, it has no easy fix without losing the xl friendliness. But yes it needs a fix.

#7 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

Vindicator...

#8 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

Warhawk. Battlemaster, King crab, gargo..gargolye thing,
Also the catapult. my WHK C smashed so quickly trough a pair of them, even a shadowhawk can last longer...

#9 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

Are we talking hitbox or model changes? It's a pertinent question because no matter what you do to the hitboxes, certain mechs (like the Awesome, Nova or Vindicator) will always be too big. Shifting the hitboxes will only cause you to either lose STs too quickly or be CT cored too quickly. There's not a lot that hitboxes can do to help mechs with bad models.

#10 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

DOA. They've already stated they cannot change hit boxes without changing the models. The awesome needs to stay awesome

#11 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

In no particular order:

1) Jenner - nothing but legs and a center torso

2) Awesome - a bit too big, and easy to hit

3) Catapult - stupidly huge and easy to disarm and hit

#12 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,786 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

There isn't enough mentions of the Cicada, so I will just say it since it has almost as bad of hitboxes as the Jenner.
  • Cicada
  • Cicada
  • Cicada

#13 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

Warhawk
Jenner
Raven

The Warhawk is far far too fragile for an 85 ton mech; they go down like 65 tonners. It's the same size as the Direwolf, but with much less armor, and the CT being so small means that the sides go very quickly.

The Jenner is known for being all CT; this wasn't so bad when it was undisputed king of the lights in every other way, but these days, the Firestarter with its balanced hitboxes just outclasses the venerable JR7.

The Raven's leg hitboxes were increased to be ~2.5x the size of the model back in beta because the torso was unhittable with the poor netcode back then. Well, the netcode has gotten better, but the Raven still has huge legs that are impossible to miss.

I would include the Nova on this list because of how fragile it is, but honestly the hitboxes are reasonably well balanced. The thing is just so huge and slow though, it breaks like glass as soon as someone glances at it. It needs a lot more than just hitbox adjustments.

View PostArmorine, on 19 April 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

DOA. They've already stated they cannot change hit boxes without changing the models. The awesome needs to stay awesome

I think you're confused; they do hitbox passes every now and then. There was a big push last year where they split the pelvis of most mechs to be part of each leg and a bit of CT rather than all CT like it used to be. The Awesome has also gotten a hitbox adjustment specifically, and while the CT is still too big, it's a better balance between CT and sides.

#14 Armorine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

View Postaniviron, on 19 April 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

Warhawk
Jenner
Raven

The Warhawk is far far too fragile for an 85 ton mech; they go down like 65 tonners. It's the same size as the Direwolf, but with much less armor, and the CT being so small means that the sides go very quickly.

The Jenner is known for being all CT; this wasn't so bad when it was undisputed king of the lights in every other way, but these days, the Firestarter with its balanced hitboxes just outclasses the venerable JR7.

The Raven's leg hitboxes were increased to be ~2.5x the size of the model back in beta because the torso was unhittable with the poor netcode back then. Well, the netcode has gotten better, but the Raven still has huge legs that are impossible to miss.

I would include the Nova on this list because of how fragile it is, but honestly the hitboxes are reasonably well balanced. The thing is just so huge and slow though, it breaks like glass as soon as someone glances at it. It needs a lot more than just hitbox adjustments.

I think you're confused; they do hitbox passes every now and then. There was a big push last year where they split the pelvis of most mechs to be part of each leg and a bit of CT rather than all CT like it used to be. The Awesome has also gotten a hitbox adjustment specifically, and while the CT is still too big, it's a better balance between CT and sides.

Maybe. I was saying in regards to shrinking the hit boxes. Splitting them is easy I'm sure

#15 CptGier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostJazzbandit1313, on 19 April 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Give me a top three list, one being the one with the most need for hitbox changes.

1. Warhawk

2. Gargoyle

3. Awesome

Id go with this one. Atleast the WHK and AWS.

Ofc, the AWS and WHK need a new, little thinner model....not much they can do to make the hitboxes better when the mech itself is a barn door...

#16 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 19 April 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

There isn't enough mentions of the Cicada, so I will just say it since it has almost as bad of hitboxes as the Jenner.
  • Cicada
  • Cicada
  • Cicada

Actually, I've never really had much trouble with the Cicada.
As mentioned above, the Jenner is in dire need of slightly bigger side torsos

Edited by Troutmonkey, 19 April 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#17 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostAdamski, on 19 April 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

Warhawk
Jenner
Awesome
Quickdraw
Orion
Thunderbolt
Catapult
Kintaro
Cataphract
Nova
Battlemaster

I'm sure there are more

I'd add the (B)Adder to that list, as it also has some CT issues (but not nearly as bad as the Jenner).

#18 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

FireStarter

Mad Dog

Firestarter

Catapult

Firestarter

Jenner

FIRESTARTER

#19 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

Awesome
Jenner
Warhawk

#20 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

Catapult needs to be shrunk a little bit. Then maybe Awesome, Jenner and Warhawk. Oh and the Locust. Make it nearly unhitable. :P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users