10 New Reinforcement 'mechs Coming To The Gift Store April 21St

94 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

10 New Reinforcement 'Mechs are coming to the Gift Store on April 21st!

RELEASE DATE: April 21st, after the patch

Clans and Inner Sphere are both receiving some Reinforcements this time around.

• 3 Inner Sphere 'Mechs
  • 7 Clan 'Mechs
These new Reinforcement 'Mechs will only be available through the Gift Store until June 16th, 2015, at which time they'll release for in-game purchase with MC and C-Bills.

Purchase the Mechs in the gift store!

FAQ's, Loadout details, and Quirks are available here!

Mech

Variant

C-Bill Price

MC Price

Store Bundle Price (Includes 1 Mech Bay)

Griffin

GRF-2N

$9.00

Highlander

HGN-732b

$15.00

Locust

LCT-3V

$2.00

Direwolf

DWF-W

$28.00

Gargoyle

GAR-B

$24.00

Ice Ferret

IFR-B

$16.00

Myst Lynx

MLX-D

$9.00

Nova

NVA-C

$14.00

Stormcrow

SCR-B

$18.00

Timberwolf

TBR-A

$23.00

#2 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

Sighs

*opens wallet

#3 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

This Griffin...

Posted Image

...will be mine.

#4 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

Hmm more reinforcements are fine but I would prefer new mechs over more Direwolves Timberwolves and Stormcrows. It's getting too ridiculous with those mechs getting even more omnipods.

#5 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:42 PM

That Highlander doesn't add much. Guess we can do 2 AC5s and 3 LPLs now, oh wait Heavy Metal could do that.

Single ballistic and 4E in the RT would have been a little more interesting. Sad day.

Edit: It also only has 3 JJs. What the hell, do they not realize those don't work?

I actually thought they would want to sell this so they might make it have something going for it... apparently not. It is also the only Highlander without a +5% speed quirk.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 20 April 2015 - 12:47 PM.

#6 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

That Griffin is going to be BEASTLY.

#7 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostDulahan, on 20 April 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

That Griffin is going to be BEASTLY.

IS cashgrab :)

also neg. quirks on novaesque stormcrow arm and timber's laservomit shoulder. is PGI really expecting someone to buy that junk?

#8 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

6 energy arm for the stormcrow with quirks to make lasers even better. So now the 13 C-erml stormcrow will be a thing when you mix up the pods. The nova is dead, completely and utterly outclassed, now even in massive alpha laservomit.

Game over man.

#9 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 20 April 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

6 energy arm for the stormcrow with quirks to make lasers even better. So now the 13 C-erml stormcrow will be a thing when you mix up the pods. The nova is dead, completely and utterly outclassed, now even in massive alpha laservomit.

Game over man.

Yeah 13 cerML alpha is practical, especially with bonus heat generation. I think they did pretty good with the quirks on it actually, same for the Timber

I think you misread the quirks, they make lasers worse.

View PostLOADED, on 20 April 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

also neg. quirks on novaesque stormcrow arm and timber's laservomit shoulder. is PGI really expecting someone to buy that junk?

A lot of people were upset about the upset in balance that would come with that Timber LT.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 20 April 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#10 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

View PostLOADED, on 20 April 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Like we need more laser vomit mechs... The game is already full of 'em.

The point is why PGI think it's a good idea to add more laser mechs while they have stated by them selves that they are not happy with the laser arena online at the moment.

I say it's a good thing they get a nerf, but i dislike the way how they have applied it.

Edited by Sarlic, 20 April 2015 - 01:02 PM.

#11 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:03 PM

Am I the only one that's excited about the Nova C? Finally a pod with a missile HP! Sure, it could use more than just one, but I'll take it. Also interesting they're putting out the Wolf's Dragoon's Direwolf config. W.

#12 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 April 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

A lot of people were upset about the upset in balance that would come with that Timber LT.

I know, it is kinda balls.
High mounted energy hardpoints for IS mechs? better giv'em awesome quirks!
High mounted energy hardpoints for Clan mechs? let's nerf dat S* naow!

I can mount 7+ energy weapons on several Clan mechs, including the timber. Hardly anybody does it, 7 is to hot.
The fuss about the new timber is unreasonable, the builds don't favor anything. One could put all lasers to on side (TBR-C chassie) and use the JJ side to shield. including heat nerf one said shieldside is gone, but same goes for the all energy leftside HBR, pop that side and the mech is useless for the fight.
Also, ear on a timber are never good.

Also, why whould i need a shieldside on a timberwolf, a chassy which has a CT hitbox shootable from almost 240°.

Edited by LOADED, 20 April 2015 - 01:08 PM.

#13 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostLOADED, on 20 April 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

I know, it is kinda balls.
High mounted energy hardpoints for IS mechs? better giv'em awesome quirks!
High mounted energy hardpoints for Clan mechs? let's nerf dat S* naow!

I can mount 7+ energy weapons on several Clan mechs, including the timber. Hardly anybody does it, 7 is to hot.
The fuss about the new timber is unreasonable, the builds don't favor anything. One could put all lasers to on side (TBR-C chassie) and use the JJ side to shield. including heat nerf one said shieldside is gone, but same goes for the all energy leftside HBR, pop that side and the mech is useless for the fight.
Also, ear on a timber are never good.

I don't know what to tell you. Timber Wolf with 3 high energy HPs is not just some IS mech with high mounted hardpoints. If you don't realize that then.... sorry.

I'll tell you what though. Timber Wolves are better than the Highlander here so consider yourself lucky!

#14 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

Perfect , now i'm gonna be able to make that Direwolf Widowmaker build.

#15 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 20 April 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

Am I the only one that's excited about the Nova C? Finally a pod with a missile HP! Sure, it could use more than just one, but I'll take it. Also interesting they're putting out the Wolf's Dragoon's Direwolf config. W.

I think you're the only one. I run a lot of Novae, but honestly, can you think of a single situation in which one missile hardpoint is useful? One of any kind of SRM is a joke. A single LRM20 could maaaaybe be used, except that because LRM20s have such a huge spread they're really undesirable in MWO. And the Nova, without Endo or Ferro, doesn't really have the tonnage to devote to 'secondary' weapon systems like that.

It might be different if they release the Nova that has a missile pod in one of the arms, forget which alt config that is, at least you can do something with two missile hardpoints, even if it's not great.

Personally, I'm pretty excited about the release of the A config pods tomorrow though. I used to run my B with PPCs in the arms, and it made a decent poptart; but with the A's quirks, it could be usable.

#16 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

The 6E Stormcrow arm and even moreso the 3E Timber left torso shall bring new heights to the vomitus. Personally, I'm totally excited for the not-missile pod there; I almost posted a thread about the Timber D advocating for primarily ballistics - but also potentially energy - in a shoulder pod. I guess the devs read my mind without me even posting about it. Hurrah for high mounteed lasers - makes up for all those low-slung clan arms, no?

#17 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

View Postaniviron, on 20 April 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

I think you're the only one. I run a lot of Novae, but honestly, can you think of a single situation in which one missile hardpoint is useful? One of any kind of SRM is a joke. A single LRM20 could maaaaybe be used, except that because LRM20s have such a huge spread they're really undesirable in MWO. And the Nova, without Endo or Ferro, doesn't really have the tonnage to devote to 'secondary' weapon systems like that.

It might be different if they release the Nova that has a missile pod in one of the arms, forget which alt config that is, at least you can do something with two missile hardpoints, even if it's not great.

Personally, I'm pretty excited about the release of the A config pods tomorrow though. I used to run my B with PPCs in the arms, and it made a decent poptart; but with the A's quirks, it could be usable.

Well, admittedly it does limit you. There's no danger of a new StreakNova meta build. On the other hand, I usually just run a single rack of LRMs. As to useful, I suppose that depends on your definition. Since Clan LRMs stream, they're pretty decent at distracting enemies, which can help my teammates.

#18 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

I still don't like this method, but <2 months to MC/CB is an improvement.

#19 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

Definitely wouldn't mind some more IS chassis variants in the future either:

New Jagermech, Banshee, Vindicator. or Kintaro would be awesome!

Edited by xeromynd, 20 April 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#20 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:01 PM

Those armour quirks on the Highlander though.. wow. 67 free points of armour on the torsos, effectively 4 tons of free armour.. that is going to be one tanky SOB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users