Forget Power Creep, Looks Like A Full Fledged Power Sprint. Is It Time To Hit Reset On Quirks?

Balance BattleMechs

282 replies to this topic

#281 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 24 April 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

So... Hows CW going? Nothing But Stalkers and Thunderbolts vs Timberwolfs and Stormcrows, or are we seeing all the variety of these wonderfully balance mechs Quirks have brought us?

I don't have enough bandwidth to play atm so I must ask instead of seeing for myself.

You pretty much nailed it.

It's only been pure pug vs pure pug, or more rarely an organized non-meta IS unit of skilled players, that I've seen non-meta mechs, like the Orion.

#282 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:12 PM

Yep, the power creep is a huge problem with reinforcing the overuse of particular builds. As mechs become more powerful, the difference in a fully optimized niche build and a more generalized or off-nominal build becomes so extreme that nobody but the carefree stylists will play the inferior performer.

Stalker 4N and Thunderbolt 5SS are a symptom. Nerf those, and it will be the next set of optimized mechs, just like it used to be the Wolverine 6K and Tbolt 9s.

I think PGI needs to roll back the overall firepower and effectiveness of just about every mech/weapon system we have. It's gotten a bit ridiculous.

If we could try the 10 second running average heat calculation, with a lower heat threshhold, we'd see more varied playstyles, which would result in more varied builds.

#283 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

Something i would like is we could personalize our mechs....maybe giving some advantage on one side but losing on the other...like putting more armor than max but losing space for weapons and equipment (maybe not like 30% boost).

But just making the like our own play style....everything you ll modified will bring advantage and disadvantages...

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users