6 replies to this topic

#1 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:33 AM

Now with the announcement of 'Reinforcement Mech Variants' I'm wondering if PGI deliberately devalued the value of MCs. Because although I had to buy MC via Cash I am still not able to get early access to these new variants. I have to wait the exact same amount of time a F2P player has to wait, at which point I'm not interested in buying the variants with MC anymore, since I get them for CBills already and we are still talking about standard variants. Have MC been devalued for those who buy them for cash, because PGI started to give them away for free?

Since I'm currently sitting on about 10k MC I am also not willing to pay extra for those new variants. So since I can't get early access for mechs with MC what exactly is the point of having MC now? I have enough colors. I don't give much about cockpit items. So the only useful thing I get for MC is Premium Time, Hero Mechs and Single Shot Camos. And with upcoming hero mechs i expect the same issue of having to wait 2 months longer compared to the gift store buyers. This is not what I bought MC for... Since I haven't seen anyone else complain about this so far, it seems like I'm on an island :\

Anyways... What I would suggest is for PGI to make the reinforcement mech variants available for MC 2 weeks after the gift store release at the latest. Today would be even better.

What are your thoughts?

#2 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:41 AM

early access: Real money.

first release: Mc

release for the scrubs: Cbills
pgi has changed their release schedule a bit. I think we will not see any new mechs without them being available for cash at release anytime soon.

#3 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

It's really weird how you have in-game currency you buy for real money, but have plenty of stuff you can't buy with it. It's like if MWO was a country, you have a currency that you can't buy everything with. It really makes no sense, it's just to force you to give even more money to PGI, because the money you paid for MC they already got.

#4 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:57 AM

Yep, makes no sense.

MC you still had to pay real money for, or busted your butt to earn it during one of the leaderboard challenges ect.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,791 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

i kind of think they should get rid of mc all together. its another layer of complexity we all can do without. everything would cost either real money or cbills. things that can currently be had for mc only (heros, premium time, mastery packs, mechbays, paint, camo) should be put up for direct $$$ purchase. you could also buy cbills directly. any mc players are sitting on would be converted to store credit.

also make the in game store an actual store that lets you buy things for $$$.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 April 2015 - 06:54 AM.

#6 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:59 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 April 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

i kind of think they should get rid of mc all together. its another layer of complexity we all can do without. everything would cost either real money or cbills. things that can currently be had for mc only (heros, premium time, mastery packs, mechbays, paint, camo) should be put up for direct $$$ purchase. you could also buy cbills directly. any mc players are sitting on would be converted to store credit.

also make the in game store an actual store that lets you buy things for $$$.

If there wasn't the Mc to complain about then we'd sure as hell complain A LOT about the price of Mech packages, as they would go up another 10-20$ if there wasn't any Mc :/

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,791 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:02 AM

of course any change would come out in pgi's favor. thats how greed buisness works.

mc kind of makes it a tad confusing about the cash value of things in game. when you can see the items with a cash amount next to them rather than some artificial currency with a fuzzy exchange rate. you can also do things like psychological pricing. "ooh locust for only $4.99 thats less than coffee! sold!". you can also imagine what this would do when a sale comes around. the increase in sales volume would probibly make it possible to reduce prices down to sane levels.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 April 2015 - 07:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users