Clan Hero Mechs

35 replies to this topic

#1 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

So Russ has mentioned at least twice that he doesn't know how to make clan Hero mechs work with the current omnipod system.

I would imagine we all want some clan Hero mechs, and there's plenty of lore to back those mechs up :)

So I thought the community can solve that problem!

What are your ideas for making a clan Hero mech work with the current system? Unique quirks to the CT? changes to the omnipod system? Etc.

Please discuss and share your ideas.

#2 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:07 AM

The hero is bought with MC, and the mech's omnipods are unique and cannot be purchased with C-bills. So you have one set of the omni-pods so if you chose you could take say the hero left arm and stick on your Prime, but in order to use the hero, you have to put some non-hero left arm on the hero mech, because you only have 1 set.

I assume that is how they would do it... They could also just lock the omnipods on the Hero, but I feel like they would sell better if you could swap them out with other pods so...

#3 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

that sounds like pay to win if u can only get those pods (if they are good ofc) with mc...

#4 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

They should just make them, deal with the omni pod power creep as it comes.

#5 Ragtag soldier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

i don't know how you'd make clan hero 'mechs at all. clan warriors don't get assigned a 'mech, their leaders bid the 'mechs they use in a battle and then those 'mechs get assigned a warrior. maybe instead of hero 'mechs they just make some varient omnipods MC only.

start with that timby shoulder energy LT, and watch the forums howl in rage and secretly opening wallets.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

The Widowmaker is being released as a normal variant, while the Malthus Thor has not been commented on yet.

I'm not too sure on the Hero implementation.

#7 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 April 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

stuff

I assume that is how they would do it... They could also just lock the omnipods on the Hero, but I feel like they would sell better if you could swap them out with other pods so...

Do you think the community would generally accept a clan mech with pods locked?
I would be willing to buy a locked clan Hero mech if it had a good paint job and decent hardpoints, but not sure how others would react

View PostRagtag soldier, on 20 April 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

stuff
start with that timby shoulder energy LT, and watch the forums howl in rage and secretly opening wallets.

Looool

#8 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:32 PM

Still kinda nervous about that idea, think about it.

On top of being a clan mech, and a hero at that?

You're talking doube the MC amount of a Pretty Baby for A Summoner Hero, and then there's quirks.

Too much to get into right now... :/

#9 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostCion, on 20 April 2015 - 01:00 PM, said:

Do you think the community would generally accept a clan mech with pods locked?
I would be willing to buy a locked clan Hero mech if it had a good paint job and decent hardpoints, but not sure how others would react

Looool

No. That's why I proposes the first thing I said as more likely.

View PostL3mming2, on 20 April 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

that sounds like pay to win if u can only get those pods (if they are good ofc) with mc...

Its a hero Mech. There are IS heros too.

#10 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 20 April 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

The hero is bought with MC, and the mech's omnipods are unique and cannot be purchased with C-bills. So you have one set of the omni-pods so if you chose you could take say the hero left arm and stick on your Prime, but in order to use the hero, you have to put some non-hero left arm on the hero mech, because you only have 1 set.

I would be ok with them being a locked set that stays on that mech, i know it spits in the face even more so then what they have already done to the customization of the mechs but if you buy it because you love the chassis surely you can make it work and enjoy it so.

But as gas noted, making it a UNIQUE set of pods so to say that only get a certain bonus when paired with the HERO CT itself or get NO BONUS/ QUIRKS at all once removed from the HERO mech they belong to. This would curb it some but again...this spits in the face of customization big time.

Its not an easy thing...The other idea i had was just give HERO QUIRKS and if you buy the pods and assemble them on a mech like they are suppose to be you get access to quirks that only come from ONE configuration. That which matches a hero loadout. So instead of having HERO mech sold you buy pods to potentially make a existing chassis into the HERO chassis.

Edited by DarthRevis, 20 April 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#11 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostL3mming2, on 20 April 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

Bwahahahahahahaaaaa.

Isn't that why heros are for MC?

Sorry sir, but please remember the idea here, hero mechs = MC

Only the rich people win :D

#12 Tincan Nightmare

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

Just make a unique hero variant exactly like they do with the IS mechs, but make the 30 percent bonus heroes get be the 8 piece set bonus, so you have to run it with all its omnipods to get the bonus. You could still use those omnipods on other builds, but you only get that hero bonus when running the complete hero mech. Then just make sure you don't make omnipods that are so much better than the standard ones that people start yelling about p2w.

#13 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 20 April 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

I would be ok with them being a locked set that stays on that mech, i know it spits in the face even more so then what they have already done to the customization of the mechs but if you buy it because you love the chassis surely you can make it work and enjoy it so.

But as gas noted, making it a UNIQUE set of pods so to say that only get a certain bonus when paired with the HERO CT itself or get NO BONUS/ QUIRKS at all once removed from the HERO mech they belong to. This would curb it some but again...this spits in the face of customization big time.

Its not an easy thing...The other idea i had was just give HERO QUIRKS and if you buy the pods and assemble them on a mech like they are suppose to be you get access to quirks that only come from ONE configuration. That which matches a hero loadout. So instead of having HERO mech sold you buy pods to potentially make a existing chassis into the HERO chassis.

Hero quirks? Hmm... I see where you're going with this, but wouldn't that take away from having an actual Hero mech instead of just the pods of it? Seems like to be it'd make money either way, but them we wouldn't have an actual hero variant, but just it's pods.

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 20 April 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

Just make a unique hero variant exactly like they do with the IS mechs, but make the 30 percent bonus heroes get be the 8 piece set bonus, so you have to run it with all its omnipods to get the bonus. You could still use those omnipods on other builds, but you only get that hero bonus when running the complete hero mech. Then just make sure you don't make omnipods that are so much better than the standard ones that people start yelling about p2w.

Good idea there, but then we'd have people complaining, the ones who complain about EVERYTHING.

Still, I like that idea

#14 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 20 April 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

This is an interesting idea. It could work and keep "most" people happy.

------

For this thread's purpose I think we are mostly past the P2W thing because hero's with unique hardpoints and quirks already exist in the game. Although that P2W is a good conversation topic, I didn't intend it for this thread.

Thanks for the replies.

#15 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostRagtag soldier, on 20 April 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

i don't know how you'd make clan hero 'mechs at all. clan warriors don't get assigned a 'mech, their leaders bid the 'mechs they use in a battle and then those 'mechs get assigned a warrior. maybe instead of hero 'mechs they just make some varient omnipods MC only.

but it's not true

clan warriors drove mechs of their choice (with some limitations), sometimes fought for a better mech, there were a few noticeable pilots of specific mechs, books even mention naming their mechs (but it was not common)

challenges didn't go as far as bidding specific mech models

#16 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

Face it, clan warriors are just not hero material. Inbred clones born from cans into a "warrior" caste don't develop courage or heart.

#17 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

Don't the invasion variants already get a hero mech bonus?

One way to do it is make it so you can only use the hero mech's pods if you either own the hero or buy access to the pods with MC.

#18 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

I want a 30% Cbill boosted Direwolf and I don't want to pay 55$ for 3 of them because I already have 3 of them...I just want the one with the bonus.

#19 Cion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostXetelian, on 20 April 2015 - 02:39 PM, said:

I want a 30% Cbill boosted Direwolf and I don't want to pay 55$ for 3 of them because I already have 3 of them...I just want the one with the bonus.

Same here, I have 3 timbys and 3 novas, but don't want to pay 55 or 100 to get invasion plus the same variants I already own...

Plus, some custom camos are pretty sweet

#20 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

Here is how you do it, the Hero Pods are only usable on the Hero Mech. Other pods can be attached but the CT is fixed and the pods cannot be attached to any other variants.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users