1 reply to this topic

#1 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:48 AM

So if I understand HSR right, it basically tries to make you hit what you see on your screen, by calculating back what happened on the server at the time that was, what you see on your side at this moment.

This now starts to make me wonder of twistin vs some pulselasers after recognising the shot makes even sense.

Well theoretical example:

Player S(hooting) is meeting player T(wisting).

lets say both are europes and S has a latency of 130ms, while T has a latency of 140ms.

This means at event time 0, player S starts shooting at player T.
the command now travels 130ms to the server. then 140ms to T.
T now as a human with even a good reaction time needs 100ms to react.
T's input reaction will travel to the server for 140ms, and then to S for another 130ms.
Now is the firts time (130ms+140ma+100ms+140ms+130ms =) that S will receive any reaction he has to act on. But since HSR recalculates the stuff, only things for hitreg should truly matter that happen on S's screen.

So basically for T any reacion to any laser shot, below 0.64s beamduration will not even has any effect.

So basically, unless you brawl, and know when your opponent will shoot to "pretwist" there is basically no point for starting to twist as adirect reaction for any laserhit.

So medium, small and ERLL !non quirked ones! are the only ones i is worth to react at all.
On clan wepaon level, every wepaon counts ino that timeframe (unless heavily quirked)

So if I have no logical mistake in this, it may explain why the clan ERLL is such a crappy thing, because by pure theory you can twist away 58% damage. While on many lasers, you basically do not by theory have a chance anymore to twist it away.

funny enough, when one of both is an US american, having a latency of 4, this heavily drops to 0.44ms. and if both are having 40ms latency this suddenly is only 0,26ms.

It's quite interesting to see. because this is quite a large impact who meets who by purely latency and how this affects twisting to even work. You can sometimes twist, but damage does not spread, while other times it will do.
Further, when ones latency would be 300, he can basically shoot at people, and the way how HSR works will make it impossible for the other to react to that shot, because this will already include 600ms of the shooters own latency before he will receive the reaction of the one he shot at.

Thats why the "never stop" hint for lights is so extremely vital. When someone catches you in a stoped moment, HSR will grant him by his latency quite long timeframe to shoot and hit one location.
So you basically need to constantly twist and always move even before engagement to make sure you will never be catches in a "still standing" state. Because when you need to react out of this state, you will have already soaked up the most damage from the shots, even if you think you instantly react on the receiving shot.

#2 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:07 AM

very good grasshopper!

TBH a lot of players will twist as soon as their firing window closes (either by poor setup or weapon cd's). As an oceanic player i'm often amazed at how well i can perform given i'm usually running 100+ ping over the majority of the drop.

As much as ppl hate on hsr, it'd be much more one sided in favor of low ping players if were done any other way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users