I Will Not Buy Gift Store Mechs, But Will Buy Packs. Vote With Your Wallet!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Asrrin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 200 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

I do not like the direction PGI is going in with the release of special variants in the gift store for real dollars only. They are hugely expensive and represent a power creep I disagree with. At least with the packs we get tons of extras and discounts to encourage us to purchase early.

I for one will be voting with me wallet. I encourage everyone to not support gift store mechs if they want to see this sort of silliness stop. PGI will only continue to do it if it is profitable to do so.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

I do not see this power creep folks keep talking about.

The Mechs are all performing OK at best.

#3 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 21 April 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

I do not see this power creep folks keep talking about.

The Mechs are all performing OK at best.

This is what happens when people look at specs and numbers in a vacuum and don't take into consideration the trade-offs inherent Joseph... <_<

#4 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostDaZur, on 21 April 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

This is what happens when people look at specs and numbers in a vacuum and don't take into consideration the trade-offs inherent Joseph... <_<

Whats interesting to me is teh one Mech I got for my Loyalty, Is my favorite. My Atlas-S was a gimme. I would have bought it, but PGI gave it to me for stuff I did in the past. Funny thing, since then I have bought:
The full Resistance Pack(So I could have the King Crab and Zeus)
Misery (So I could have Roughhouse)
Protector(Leonidas Wolf)
Battlemaster-3M (Wild Knight)
Dire Wolf-B (Stone Rhino Make-do)
Griffin-1S (C)
Banshee-LM

The last 2 are something that any blue blooded Lyran should have. And so I could have the Wild Boys in my Mechbays.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 21 April 2015 - 08:20 AM.

#5 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

View PostAsrrin, on 21 April 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

I do not like the direction PGI is going in with the release of special variants in the gift store for real dollars only. They are hugely expensive and represent a power creep I disagree with. At least with the packs we get tons of extras and discounts to encourage us to purchase early.

I for one will be voting with me wallet. I encourage everyone to not support gift store mechs if they want to see this sort of silliness stop. PGI will only continue to do it if it is profitable to do so.

Okay. Arent you one of the guys usually championing the "dont like it dont buy it" mantra? I mean, sure, Im not buying em either. But people will, and arent you also one of those who usually champion the "cant hate on a business for offering services even if you dont want em"? I mean, op ed piece? Okay, thanks? Who are you trying to convince? You know as well as I the ONLY thing that will make PGI change a paid for offering is the wallet votes.
Not trying to be a jerk, it just seems so... Unnecessary?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users