Battle Of Tukayyid ~ Inner Quirks Verses Clantech / Clan Qualitative Edge, Which Will Win The Day On Tukayyid.

Balance

57 replies to this topic

Poll: Battle of TUKAYYID ~ Predictive Analytics (184 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win the Battle of TUKAYYID?

1. Inner Sphere (57 votes [30.98%])

Percentage of vote: 30.98%

2. Clans (57 votes [30.98%])

Percentage of vote: 30.98%

3. PGI (28 votes [15.22%])

Percentage of vote: 15.22%

4. There will be no winner. (20 votes [10.87%])

Percentage of vote: 10.87%

5. EVERYONE wins, CW has arrived! (22 votes [11.96%])

Percentage of vote: 11.96%

What will be the single determining factor for the BoT "winner"?

1. Numeric Superiority (45 votes [24.46%])

Percentage of vote: 24.46%

2. Qualitative Superiority (45 votes [24.46%])

Percentage of vote: 24.46%

3. Matchmaker Mode Mechanism (M4) changes (24 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

4. Round the clock, 72-hour Faction representation (27 votes [14.67%])

Percentage of vote: 14.67%

5. Mercenary TEMPCON "Hires" (24 votes [13.04%])

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

6. Superior Faction PERMCONs (11 votes [5.98%])

Percentage of vote: 5.98%

7. Other (please explain in post below) (8 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

What would permit a "better" second Event at some point during CW BETA Phase 2?

1. Clan recruitment/retention of new gamers (to offset Inner Sphere numeric superiority.) (28 votes [15.22%])

Percentage of vote: 15.22%

2. Better Inner Sphere Quirks to offset current Clan Qualitative advantages. (16 votes [8.70%])

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

3. Tweaks to M4 to permit greater than or less than 50% "Attack" mode selection when an "Attacking" Faction is continuously outnumbered. (31 votes [16.85%])

Percentage of vote: 16.85%

4. Greater PGI publicity that an Event has been scheduled. (14 votes [7.61%])

Percentage of vote: 7.61%

5. Better prizes offered for participation in the Event (21 votes [11.41%])

Percentage of vote: 11.41%

6. A series of mini-Events first, to better gauge population impacts and game mechanism effects on Event dynamics. (56 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

7. Other (please provide details in a post below) (18 votes [9.78%])

Percentage of vote: 9.78%

(Question added 65hrs prior to Event) Would you support PGI "restarting" the Event after a Cycle or 2, if it were going "off the rails" for whatever reason?

1. Yes (41 votes [30.60%])

Percentage of vote: 30.60%

2. No (47 votes [35.07%])

Percentage of vote: 35.07%

3. Play at lease 4-cycles to gain a bulk of data, then reset the Event to STARTEX if needed. (22 votes [16.42%])

Percentage of vote: 16.42%

4. The Event should ALWAYS have been the best of three mini-events (1-day, 3-cycles per mini-event) (7 votes [5.22%])

Percentage of vote: 5.22%

5. IlKhan Paul can do NO wrong! The Event is already a SUCCESS! Bow and pay homage to the ilKhan!!! (10 votes [7.46%])

Percentage of vote: 7.46%

6. First Lord Russ has never known Event Defeat! (It is completely immaterial that we have never had an Event previously.) Stand fast at your Ramparts and Bastions my Inner Sphere brethren, Russ has this all under control. (7 votes [5.22%])

Percentage of vote: 5.22%

(Multiple answers permitted: Question added 54hrs prior to Event) What will be the effect of PGI's inclusion of "DEFENSIVE" Ghost Drops (where the goal is to destroy 3-Enemy Waypoint Markers) into CW in time for the Event?

1. There will be no significant impact to the Event. (54 votes [36.99%])

Percentage of vote: 36.99%

2. There will be inconsequential impacts which will NOT effect Event results. (18 votes [12.33%])

Percentage of vote: 12.33%

3. The impacts will be significant and may effect Event results. (19 votes [13.01%])

Percentage of vote: 13.01%

4. The impacts will be VERY significant and most definitely WILL effect Event results. (16 votes [10.96%])

Percentage of vote: 10.96%

5. While NOT in favor of this particular change, allowing BOTH Offensive and Defensive Ghost Drops is a VALID addition to the game as it affords ALL gamers the opportunity to gain Ghost Drop WIN COUNTERS rather than just sit in interminable queues. (16 votes [10.96%])

Percentage of vote: 10.96%

6. I am both in favor of the Defensive Ghost Drops and believe it is a VALID mechanism that will be value-added during the Event. (17 votes [11.64%])

Percentage of vote: 11.64%

7. Other (please explain in post below) (6 votes [4.11%])

Percentage of vote: 4.11%

Has the Inner Sphere numeric superiority been nullified by PGI's Event design?

1. Yes, not one Ghost Drop has occurred with ALL matches today pitting an equal number of Clanners against an equal number of Inner Sphere. (26 votes [59.09%])

Percentage of vote: 59.09%

2. No, the Inner Sphere's numeric superiority is still gaining them sectors/wins. (6 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

3. I am unsure if Ghost Drops are occurring. (10 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

4. Other (please provide comments in a post below) (2 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Has the Inner Sphere Light Mech advantage (Light Rush) been nullified by the Inner Sphere restriction to only "Defense" and "Counterattack" mission types?

1. Yes, the Inner Sphere Light Rush was primarily the DECISIVE means the Inner Sphere had to easily win "Attack" mission. Since there are ZERO Inner Sphere "Attack" missions in the Event, the IS Light Rush has been nullified. (21 votes [47.73%])

Percentage of vote: 47.73%

2. No, the Inner Sphere Light Mechs/Light Rush is still significantly used to good effect by the Inner Sphere during the Event. This Inner Sphere advantage remains undiluted by Event design. (5 votes [11.36%])

Percentage of vote: 11.36%

3. It depends... while the Inner Sphere can not Zerg the OPFOR gens, when employed by practiced and proficient 12-man Teams, IS Lights are being very effective in contributing to IS Event victories. (15 votes [34.09%])

Percentage of vote: 34.09%

4. Other (please provide details in a post below) (3 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

With the IS quantitative advantage and Light Rush largely nullified, what remains at the heart of the Event's metagame?

1. ClanTech will be the decisive factor in the Event's conclusion. (11 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Inner Sphere Quirks will be the decisive factor in the Event's conclusion. (9 votes [20.45%])

Percentage of vote: 20.45%

3. The prevalence of Clan Gamers having INVESTED real-world money into their Mech, this P2Win dynamic will be the decisive factor in the Event's conclusion. (1 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

4. The Inner Sphere proves to the MWO "Gateway" Factions for gamers new to the game. This dilutes Inner Sphere gamer-proficiency to the point where it will be the decisive factor in the Event's conclusion. (11 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. Clan gamers are just better. No further factor need be considered in the Event's conclusion. (1 votes [2.27%])

Percentage of vote: 2.27%

6. Inner Sphere gamers are just better. No further factors need be considered in the Event's conclusion. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. The weight of effort brought by leading Mercenary Corps Units will be the decisive factor in the Event's conclusion. (8 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

8. Other (please provide further details in the posts below. (3 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

T C A F

#22 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

New question added to the poll - "Would you support PGI "restarting" the Event after a Cycle or 2 if it were "going off the rails" for whatever reason?"

Edited by Connor Sellock, 21 April 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#23 Will HellFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

Dear Mr Connor Sellock

Thank you very much for your reasoned OP, the polls and keeping this thread on rails. I find it very interesting and am looking for ward to the results of your study.

W

#24 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

Clans will probably benefit from down time during Oceanic periods. Usually a balanced stack on only 2/3 planets with little to no IS v IS action..

Ghost drops might only make 2% but then the 90% of that is probably in our timezone :P

Edited by White Bear 84, 22 April 2015 - 12:50 AM.

#25 actionking

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 79 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:23 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 21 April 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

A 10 man premade "on comms"...who literally did nothing but zerg around in superquirk mechs with the aid of consumable spam.

Consumables can be used by clans too, sry you didn't know.

View PostTelmasa, on 21 April 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

Sorry, cheering each other on while abusing the full-gimmick-meta doesn't equate to actual tactics, teamwork, ability, skill, or anything of the sort.

Not all were using those "full-gimmick-meta".... And it's your teams fault if they bring Trial Direwolves instead of Timberwolves ,Stormcrows and Hellbringers.

In my opinion it was just a lack of skill on your teams side and you don't want or can't admit it! How many times have i and others been rolled by premades in min maxed clan meta mechs ? I can admit that sometimes the red team just was the better one.

#26 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 22 April 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

Spoiler

Ghost drops might only make 2% but then the 90% of that is probably in our timezone :P

Just in the handful of Ghost Drops I have experienced over the last 22hrs since the latest Patch went LIVE, the addition of DEFENSIVE GHOST DROPS (where there are three Enemy WAYPOINT MARKERS to destroy) easily more than doubled the number of Ghost Drops in game imo.

This increase to the AGGREGATE number and percentage of Ghost Drops will carry forward into the Battle of TUKAYYID (again imo and unless PGI changes something) as it will be the numerically superior Inner Sphere which will be conducting approximately 50% DEFENSES and 50% COUNTERATTACKS.

That all being said, I am GREATLY in favor of the Matchmaking Mode Mechanism (M4) changes and the ADDITION of Defensive Ghost Drops. Defensive Ghost Drops are the BEST way currently available to PGI to ensure gamers (Attacker and Defender ALIKE) receive rightful credit for Battle of TUKAYYID Event participation regardless of having numeric superiority over their opponents.

EXCELLENT JOB PGI and thank you for mindful, incremental approximations (especially the M4 changes) to our SHARED GOAL of a better, more thoroughly enjoyable Community Warfare experience!

Edited by Connor Sellock, 22 April 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#27 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

New Poll question added (multiple answers permitted / Question added 54hrs prior to Event): What will be the effect of PGI's inclusion of "DEFENSIVE" Ghost Drops (where the goal is to destroy 3-Enemy Waypoint Markers) into CW in time for the Event?

Edited by Connor Sellock, 22 April 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#28 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:41 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 21 April 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

whatever side the mercs throw their weight on is going to win which im sure given the meta game is going to be IS. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the IS will win, the clans are just trying to capture a planet, trying to win Tukayyid sets the standards to high for a low population faction of the clans

Also....nailed it!

#29 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostoperatorZ, on 22 April 2015 - 11:41 AM, said:

Also....nailed it!

I agree... the importance of Mercenary Corps Units and their wealth of ACTIVE CW gamers have long been a boon to those gamers and Factions MOST willing to game side by side with MERC-gamers, share TeamSpeak and establish reciprocal relationships.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 22 April 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#30 operatorZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 22 April 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I agree... the importance of Mercenary Corps Units and their wealth of ACTIVE CW gamers have long been a boon to those gamers and Factions MOST willing to game side by side with MERC-gamers, share TeamSpeak and establish reciprocal relationships factions with better rewards or who has the best meta cheese mech.

FTFY :P :D

I see what you did there ;)

but in the end it doesn't matter the reasons why Merc's unbalance CW...its enough to know that they do.

#31 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

View Postactionking, on 22 April 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

Consumables can be used by clans too, sry you didn't know.

Not all were using those "full-gimmick-meta".... And it's your teams fault if they bring Trial Direwolves instead of Timberwolves ,Stormcrows and Hellbringers.

In my opinion it was just a lack of skill on your teams side and you don't want or can't admit it! How many times have i and others been rolled by premades in min maxed clan meta mechs ? I can admit that sometimes the red team just was the better one.

- Gimmicks potentially usable by everyone doesn't change it from being a gimmick
- A couple used Grasshoppers instead of Thunderbolts. That was the extent of the "nonmeta".
- My team not bringing mass "metacheese" 'elite four' mechs and not spamming mass consuambles doesn't equate to a lack of skill, it equates to a lack of gimmick abuse. I literally watched the enemy team run around in a zerg the entire match, doing nothing but unloading super-quirked barf all over my own team. There was no coordination, tactics, or ability really involved - they held down W, follow-the-leader lemming style, and shot at targets, that was it.

From my experience yesterday, I had only *two* games out of all I played in CW that didn't fit that exact description.

Hence, I feel my salty pessimism about CW and this event are justified.

Edited by Telmasa, 22 April 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#32 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

5-hours into the 144-hour Event.

PGI adjusted the servers, bringing more cores on line and the game has settled in nicely.

#33 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:34 PM

You mean the servers are doing the correct broken math again. I wouldn't call 2:1 W/L ratio between Clan/IS "settled nicely".

#34 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

I have to say, this is event is far more off the rails broken than I even imagined it would be.

Fixes? I don't know maybe somehow make CW more interesting so more people play for both sides or actually think about what is going to happen before you design an event like this.

#35 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

• Who will win the Battle of TUKAYYID?
Nobody. Everybody will be unhappy for some reason or other (look at how many people are unhappy already). I have my doubts that PGI will be able to salvage this event.
  • What will be the single determining factor for the BoT "winner"?
I said "Numerical Superiority" because now the issue is that Innersphere is completely saturated with scrubs that have shjt dropdecks and no idea how to play the gamemode. This is because Innersphere is easier "to get into" - cheaper mechs and EVERYBODY already has Innersphere mechs because IS is all this game ever had before Wave One.

In otherwords, the IS is getting watered down by terrible pugs more than Clans are, so Clans will win.
  • What would permit a "better" second Event at some point during CW BETA Phase 2?
Need more incentive for scrubs to pick up the Clan side to help even the odds and water the Clans down a little.
  • Would you support PGI "restarting" the Event after a Cycle or 2, if it were going "off the rails" for whatever reason?
Kinda, but I can't see how they'd do it without pjssing people off.
  • What will be the effect of PGI's inclusion of "DEFENSIVE" Ghost Drops (where the goal is to destroy 3-Enemy Waypoint Markers) into CW in time for the Event?
I suspect there will be zero ghost drops during the course of the event, so it will have no effect. That said, "defensive" ghost drops are terrible and PGI should be ashamed. It really screws with normal CW play because ghost drops should GUARANTEE the flip of a new zone in favour of the side getting the ghost drop. Defensive ghost drops throw a monkey wrench into who incentive for defenders to show up in the first place because now if they DON'T show up, they are guaranteed to win their "matches" 50% of the time by default. Stupid.

#36 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:40 AM

clan win by larger number of permades and there ability to get into matches faster because pgi favors premades

#37 Fisslag

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:09 AM

clans will definitely win, because most casual players won't touch this event (and IS consists of 80% casuals and not hardcore player, at least it looks like it in my eyes), most "i don't have any other social life" aka hardcore competitive players seem to be on clan side (my personal observation)

#38 H I A S

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:15 AM

View PostTelmasa, on 22 April 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

- Gimmicks potentially usable by everyone doesn't change it from being a gimmick
- A couple used Grasshoppers instead of Thunderbolts. That was the extent of the "nonmeta".
- My team not bringing mass "metacheese" 'elite four' mechs and not spamming mass consuambles doesn't equate to a lack of skill, it equates to a lack of gimmick abuse. I literally watched the enemy team run around in a zerg the entire match, doing nothing but unloading super-quirked barf all over my own team. There was no coordination, tactics, or ability really involved - they held down W, follow-the-leader lemming style, and shot at targets, that was it.

From my experience yesterday, I had only *two* games out of all I played in CW that didn't fit that exact description.

Hence, I feel my salty pessimism about CW and this event are justified.

You loose a game because the other team was better. Take it like a man and dont cry about the meta.

I cant hear all the QQ anymore -.-

Edited by HiasRGB, 25 April 2015 - 01:20 AM.

#39 Amardez

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:07 AM

I am still questioning why this even was held before both the IS and Clan quirks. Seems kinda silly to me.

Oh and just a point if you want to have a tick box for clans having an advantage from tech, you should have had the opposite that the IS quirks were going to be the determining even if you don't think so, called making a non leading question, and i know it is an easy mistake just makes you look more level headed.

#40 Badgerthej

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:06 AM

in my oppinion of the whole event.

welcome to the tukayyid clan rofl stomp enjoy re-writing history guys

why do you say these things badger, you must be mad bro.

truth is YES i am mad after giving a little bit of thought and reading some basic fluff of the battle guess what...clans didnt have identical drop patterns, they didnt have identical numbers and they sure as hell didnt use the current in game tactics of overwhelming teamwork to obliterate IS mechs in an instant with heavy point damage weapon builds. zelbriggen anyone?

sorry guys but this is an unfair event from the mechanical get go, then you move onto the elephant in the room, PUG drops against heavy clan companies, voip can only go so far to heard cats and even with some good teamwork you'll bust maybe 2-3 mechs on the enemy side for every 10-13mechs on is.

to compound my maddened status it takes me on average 20 minutes to get into a fight only to be swept aside from well beyond my max range within the first 5minutes

sorry pgi this event has one outcome, CLAN dominance, IS jsut cant cut the mustard here, the big is companies will put up heavy resistance but we'll lose hard and it will simply be a sour feeling overall.

Edited by Badgerthej, 25 April 2015 - 06:07 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users