Patch Notes - 1.3.388 - 21-Apr-2015

106 replies to this topic

#61 Kuritaclan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

LP Page in cw isn't showen to me, get only the Team Stats and Player Stats page.

Edited by Kuritaclan, 21 April 2015 - 01:30 PM.

#62 Luise Koschinski

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostLuise Koschinski, on 21 April 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

This will run until end of the week.

If i would program like this, i would get fired faster than this patch finishes.

Well i guess i would have some weeks left until then.

still loading..... i think my computer will run all night due to this ****** programmed patcher.

btw. quoting myself in this case might be allowed.... **** this. srsly

#63 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

I want to call out the art department.

Specifically, I want to say that they did a great job on the Kitfox's feet! Just dropped into the testing grounds, and it looks roughly a million times better. I want to thank everyone who worked on it not just for making it look good, but I also want to thank you for both listening to the players who brought up the issue and then for fixing it. I don't suppose the Adder's feet, which share the same model, are on the docket for the same treatment?

#64 Killian De Morte

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

Well thanks to the new patched client - I cant launch at all. :angry:

I get as far as the map splash screen and then am chucked back to Mech lab with a connection failure error.

Although sometimes I get to crash straight back to desktop.

Any attempt to "rejoin" gets a chucked back to mechlab or back to desktop.

I currently have 8 mechs "In Game" - wish I was there with em. :(

Is this down to traffic on the servers with everyone downloading the patches - or is my client just f*****ed ?

#65 Luise Koschinski

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

Suddenly the patcher sped up like hell. Its finished. Wow. Cannot believe what i just experienced. No explanation for this at all.

Apologize my swearing during the patching process which took about 5-6 hours.

#66 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostKillian De Morte, on 21 April 2015 - 01:42 PM, said:

Well thanks to the new patched client - I cant launch at all. :angry: I get as far as the map splash screen and then am chucked back to Mech lab with a connection failure error. Although sometimes I get to crash straight back to desktop. Any attempt to "rejoin" gets a chucked back to mechlab or back to desktop. I currently have 8 mechs "In Game" - wish I was there with em. :( Is this down to traffic on the servers with everyone downloading the patches - or is my client just f*****ed ?

We just put up a front page post about this, forum thread here: http://mwomercs.com/...an-connections/

As of about 1:00PM PDT today it appears that a number of European ISP's are experiencing issues connecting to the standard backbone line typically used to connect to our server.
Most of the connections being affected by this are still reaching the MWO servers, but the adjusted routes are adding an average of 50ms to their connection latency.

If you are experiencing connection stability issues in Europe, or if you are seeing multiple players drop from matches, this is the likely cause.

#67 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:17 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 April 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

The reflective 'sheen' of the original Patterns are still in place, but the base underlying colors should be adjustable now. You can see this sheen behavior most clearly with the Jade Falcon and Wolf Patterns.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I checked again, but the only color change are the laser/missile parts that are not actually colored.
Maybe something cached or the ultra high user.cfg messes this up... hm.
Nothing changed when deleting chader and renaming user.cfg and trying again.

Ghost bear works:
Posted Image

Jade Falcon not:
Posted Image

Wolf not:
Posted Image

#68 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

When reading about these posts at work, I was like, heh they must be bs'ing, how can a few variable changes take hours of patching? EDIT: There was no new content out other than the 10 new variants in the gift store, and they just had to change of few values. Then I was met with this:
Posted Image
Have no idea why a patch of this content should take hours. I have downloaded multiple games in an hour so just mind blowing to say the least. Hopefully a new game will pique my interest and I will take another 2 or 3 year leave of absence and the game will be better by the time I return. I don't mind letting my 300 days of active premium run out.

Is your editor like Skyrim where if you just touch an object, the editor thinks you've made a change and falsely highlight that change and will treat it as a change?

Total time of patching wound up to be 30 minutes. File 22 had an abnormally long down load time and rate, all other flles used max internet speed.

Edited by Smoked, 21 April 2015 - 03:33 PM.

#69 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:15 PM

Ah, PGI, gave a C-bill and MC value to the AS7-S and the CN9-AH so that they could be purchased but still kept them unsellable. Nice move PGI, nice move. Glad to see that you're still addressing your own needs instead of best serving your customer base.

#70 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

for a bug fixing patch this patch seems extremely anemic.

incase it has been forgotten about crimson straight tunnel bug well over a year old.

#71 JimEvolved

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

I ran the repair tool on my computer the other day, but didn't get to my daughter's computer. It looks like her main patch is completely stalled out at 6009.06MB. Please say we don't have to start the patch all over again. Any recommendations?

#72 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 21 April 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

for a bug fixing patch this patch seems extremely anemic. incase it has been forgotten about crimson straight tunnel bug well over a year old.

Crimson Straight tunnel issue should have been fixed on the 7th.
  • Fixed an issue where occlusion culling would cause geometry to disappear in tunnels, depending on the player position.
Let me know if you're seeing it again though, after today's patch.

View PostJimEvolved, on 21 April 2015 - 03:25 PM, said:

I ran the repair tool on my computer the other day, but didn't get to my daughter's computer. It looks like her main patch is completely stalled out at 6009.06MB. Please say we don't have to start the patch all over again. Any recommendations?

Is the patcher in a 'not responding' state?

#73 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 April 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Is the patcher in a 'not responding' state?

I play on two different machines. On one, the patcher ran in one pass with no interaction. On the other, I had the patcher hang 4 times, two of them with Windows "program has stopped responding" type messages.

Close the patcher, restart the patcher, it catches up right away to where it was before.

#74 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

I really like the option to change the colors on the Clan Camo like you could with the Inner Sphere. This is great and much appreciated!

...now I really need to decide on how much I want the Clan patterns on my Wave 1 mechs...

#75 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 21 April 2015 - 02:17 PM, said:

I checked again, but the only color change are the laser/missile parts that are not actually colored.
Maybe something cached or the ultra high user.cfg messes this up... hm.
Nothing changed when deleting chader and renaming user.cfg and trying again.

Okay, this suggests a PAK file issue. Can you run the Repair Tool and let me know if the problem persists?

#76 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

Great patch! Keep up the good work PGI and thanks Alex for keeping us updated with clarifications!

#77 JimEvolved

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 21 April 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Close the patcher, restart the patcher, it catches up right away to where it was before.

Worked. I knew that's what I had to do I was just despondent that it wasn't going to work. But it did. Thanks :)

#78 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

Dear PGI person:

I patched the game and none of my Clan mechs have access to the Faction Patterns except for my Wave II ones and they are unable to change any color except the first one. Help please.

#79 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

Always happy to see a patch, but I have a small question: Do you have a rough eta for when the IS patterns will be available for the rest of the IS mechs. (ie the hunchback, centurion, etc)?

#80 PRIME MOVER

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

Been patching for four hours now, and I'm only downloading file 12/41. Don't tell me there is something wrong with my settings or some anecdotal account. There is something wrong with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users