For All The Founders Participating In The Event

72 replies to this topic

#1 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

Part of me feels like PGI should just let us vote without the in-game kill goal (seems pretty silly), but as long as it's there... It's a pretty big opportunity that I'd rather not pass up. Let's try to do everyone a solid and get the kills. I'm sure everyone would love to get one of the maps revised.

Best of luck.

#2 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

One of the mentioned maps will get revised. You'll just be able to choose which one... instead of PGI decision.

Good luck in the event.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:12 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 08 May 2015 - 02:11 AM, said:

One of the mentioned maps will get revised. You'll just be able to choose which one... instead of PGI decision.

Good luck in the event.

Actually all of the maps mentioned in the announcement page will be revised, we just get to vote on which one first. ;)

#4 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:13 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 08 May 2015 - 02:12 AM, said:

Actually all of the maps mentioned in the announcement page will be revised, we just get to vote on which one first. ;)

yup that is correct... i'm terrible with wording my thoughts. :(

#5 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:22 AM

Im deffinitely for a revision of Forrest Colony if this revision includes changing the lighting to the old (or nearly to the old levels as you really could see too far back then). Maybe change the lighting to the level back then and adding more cover, so that you can not snipe clear across the whole map any more.... but the lush colours must be part of that revision. Apart from that, the map is not bad, it offers quite a bit of variety for positioning already and the edges seem to be OK (Compared to some other maps at least).

#6 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:28 AM

View PostMoldur, on 08 May 2015 - 02:09 AM, said:

Part of me feels like PGI should just let us vote without the in-game kill goal (seems pretty silly), but as long as it's there... It's a pretty big opportunity that I'd rather not pass up. Let's try to do everyone a solid and get the kills. I'm sure everyone would love to get one of the maps revised.

Best of luck.

I know what you mean, but I also see why PGI does this:
They want to push concurrent player numbers, reduce match wait times, etc.
So it's a kind of scratch-my-back-I-scratch-yours situation.
You (founders) increase the online population and get to vote in return.

I like it :)

#7 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:47 AM

Puglandia is about to be flooded by bearded old geezers in their outdated 2012-era builds, talking about what the game was like back in their day, while plodding forward at 50 kph and shaking their fist at the Firestarters on their lawn.

#8 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:49 AM

I think the event starts 17.00 hours. Right?

#9 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:51 AM

View PostSarlic, on 08 May 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

Your probably right sonny. Get off my lawn!!!

#10 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:57 AM

The event is just a bit of fun, the maps are being done anyway it is just a way to make the community feel involved.

If founders dont get it then they will probably make a general poll instead.

Odds on Forrest Colony winning and being PGI's preference anyway.

#11 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:02 AM

View PostSarlic, on 08 May 2015 - 02:49 AM, said:

6pm BST(GMT) so 7pm UCT as its a 10am start for western american time zones

OKayy it says 17.00 UCT (5pm) but I'm sure its wrong as I'm 8 hour ahead of western Pacific time, me thinks PGI can't count,

I'm still talking crap but I was right duh UCT/GMT is the same, but its BST here in UK and whatever CET gets called in the summer time, so for european countries that do summer saving and advance the clock like us its 7pm, those that don't (and I'm not sure which do not) its 6pm got UCT mixed up with CET :rolleyes: is that clear now ;)

Guess UCT is just another sad attempt to hide the fact that once upon a time the world revolved around England :lol:

Edited by Cathy, 08 May 2015 - 03:16 AM.

#12 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:07 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 08 May 2015 - 02:22 AM, said:

Im deffinitely for a revision of Forrest Colony if this revision includes changing the lighting to the old (or nearly to the old levels as you really could see too far back then). Maybe change the lighting to the level back then and adding more cover, so that you can not snipe clear across the whole map any more.... but the lush colours must be part of that revision. Apart from that, the map is not bad, it offers quite a bit of variety for positioning already and the edges seem to be OK (Compared to some other maps at least).

From a gameplay perspective, I'd vote Alpine. PGI had some great ideas with it, but it's pretty much all the same way. Everyone rushes the hill due to how advantageous it is. I'd love to see the map a bit more fractured and without a central vantage point.

#13 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:21 AM

I'm guessing the event is two fold.

It gives a nod to Founders by giving them their own unique event.

It tries to make sure the Founders voting are still actively playing the game and not purely forum warriors.

I like the event for the personal prizes, but when it comes to the vote, they should look at how many matches a Founder has played within the past few months and use that to determine if they have a vote.

That way a weekend event isn't required to participate, but instead they use games played to determine if a Founder is still active in the game enough to cast a vote.

#14 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 08 May 2015 - 03:07 AM, said:

From a gameplay perspective, I'd vote Alpine. PGI had some great ideas with it, but it's pretty much all the same way. Everyone rushes the hill due to how advantageous it is. I'd love to see the map a bit more fractured and without a central vantage point.

Thing is though if one side doesn't rush to the hill, the people on it have to come off, the hill isn't as great an advantage as its perceived, only if teams try to assault it from the steep side, which they do time and time again, is it a real advantage, and a big one if the team on top sits back a little so they can use all their weapons not just arm mounted.

long story short, people make it powerful by doing dumb stuff

#15 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:31 AM

View PostCathy, on 08 May 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

Not disagreeing, but technically, the hill can snipe most of the north half of the map and is an easy drop into the south base with a lot of hard cover against direct fire defenders. Taking the east path will keep them from sniper fire clear until they reach the valley of the south base, at which point hill snipers can play the same advantages. The west route defends from snipers almost completely, but the narrow south path is highly disadvantageous when defended properly.

#16 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:31 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 08 May 2015 - 03:21 AM, said:

I'm guessing the event is two fold.

It gives a nod to Founders by giving them their own unique event.

It tries to make sure the Founders voting are still actively playing the game and not purely forum warriors.

I like the event for the personal prizes, but when it comes to the vote, they should look at how many matches a Founder has played within the past few months and use that to determine if they have a vote.

That way a weekend event isn't required to participate, but instead they use games played to determine if a Founder is still active in the game enough to cast a vote.

I do tend to agree with this,

I like the kudos of being a founder, but I don't see why anyone should take note of one that doesn't play and only comes to these forums because they are sad gits to bash a game they no longer play.

Also and I didn't remember this until it was mentioned on the message boards, Veteran founders didn't get a mech ? yes its correct :(
If so then the fact they can't get the extra goodies or help hit the 50k titles, it's plain wrong that active elites have less say in whats going to happen this weekend than a legendary like myself that only comes here to dis the game

Edited by Cathy, 08 May 2015 - 03:44 AM.

#17 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostCathy, on 08 May 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

Thing is though if one side doesn't rush to the hill, the people on it have to come off, the hill isn't as great an advantage as its perceived, only if teams try to assault it from the steep side, which they do time and time again, is it a real advantage, and a big one if the team on top sits back a little so they can use all their weapons not just arm mounted.

Alpine is probably the worst balanced map and my least favorite. I see where Seth is coming from.

People often say, well don't rush the hill. Make them come to you. That is a good idea and might work well.

BUT...it shows how unbalanced the map is. The side spawning closest to the I9 hill doesn't need to try a tactic, just walk on a hill. The other team needs to strategize and try and draw or out flank.

That is the best example of imbalance. One team having to try harder to win vs the other team due to a disadvantage in spawn and map design.

This is the crazy thing though, I'm probably voting Forrest Colony anyway.

As much as I HATE Alpine, it is a larger map. It has decent sight lines, and despite being a lop sided king of the hill, it works out ok in Conquest.

Forrest Colony is just REALLY small and cramped. It was even a bit small for 8 v 8. It's dark, hot, and no matter what game mode, all these issues still apply. At least Alpine does have ok Conquest matches for how crap designed it is for Assault and Skirmish. Forrest Colony's size issue is still present regardless of game mode.

Im not sure Alpine would be altered to my liking regardless, so just the simple act of opening up Forrest Colony would be intriguing.

I hate Alpine Peaks the more, but Making Forrest Colony more fun sounds more intriguing.

Forrest Colony it is.

#18 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:37 AM

View PostCathy, on 08 May 2015 - 03:31 AM, said:

I do tend to agree with this,

I like the kudos of being a founder, but I don't see why anyone should take note of one that doesn't play and only comes to these forums because they are sad gits to bash a game they no longer play.

Also and I didn't remember this until it was mentioned on the message boards, elite founders didn't get a mech ?
If so then the fact they can't get the extra goodies or help hit the 50k titles, it's plain wrong that active elites have less say in whats going to happen this weekend than a legendary like myself that only comes here to dis the game

Elites will get to vote, but Matt didn't really know how to integrate them into the kill challenge. I hope he'll be able to cook something up with the help of some of the players.

#19 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 08 May 2015 - 02:47 AM, said:

Puglandia is about to be flooded by bearded old geezers in their outdated 2012-era builds, talking about what the game was like back in their day, while plodding forward at 50 kph and shaking their fist at the Firestarters on their lawn.

yes, yes we are.
I don't think you appreciate quite how excited we are by this. We've been practicing "dad at wedding" dancing in our Atlas's and have the whole of 'How to get sensible miles-per-gallon out of a Catapult' in powerpoint.

#20 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:52 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 08 May 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

yes, yes we are.
I don't think you appreciate quite how excited we are by this. We've been practicing "dad at wedding" dancing in our Atlas's and have the whole of 'How to get sensible miles-per-gallon out of a Catapult' in powerpoint.

I have spinned my F Atlas out as well. I did use it regulary. Today it was my lucky coin in puglandia.

Posted Image

Brrrruuuutalll!

It does not count in the event unfortunatly (yet to start). But the teamwork was really good.

Edited by Sarlic, 08 May 2015 - 03:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users