So Very Sorry For Ff

14 replies to this topic

#1 Nyte Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:07 AM

to the atlas pilot just on the hpg map. i was under the ramp shooting 2 enemy mechs when on of them walked forward out of view for a second when you back in i didn't see any blue triangle so i kept firing thinking it was still an enemy mech when i walked out and saw the blue triangle over your head . again i am so very sorry bro .

#2 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:50 AM

Dont worry man. Not sure who it was, but it happens.

Good on ya to call it out.

#3 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:33 AM

Yesterday, in the middle of a brawl, an armless, smoking, something mech came running in on me, I saw a red triangle, and I gunned him down on reflex. Turned out, the red triangle belonged to the guy chasing right behind him.

Having fired all of my weapons, I was helpless as the red team seized their chance and finished me off as well.

My mistake, no doubt about it.

*it happens in the heat of battle.... and it will happen to you, sooner or later.

I try not to make a habit of it.

Wait 'till you accidentally arty yourself and your team... that's a really good one:)

At least you can pretend it wasn't you:)

#4 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

View PostNyte Wolf, on 22 April 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

to the atlas pilot just on the hpg map. i was under the ramp shooting 2 enemy mechs when on of them walked forward out of view for a second when you back in i didn't see any blue triangle so i kept firing thinking it was still an enemy mech when i walked out and saw the blue triangle over your head . again i am so very sorry bro .

I thought they fixed the "No Blue Triangle" Bug. I wrecked a lot of friendly mechs before I realized this was a bug. Now I no longer assume they are enemies under ECM.

#5 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:35 AM

View Postcrustydog, on 22 April 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

stuff

Wait 'till you accidentally arty yourself and your team... that's a really good one:)

At least you can pretend it wasn't you:)

The new scourge. When a Light Teammate runs in front just when you hit the Arty button. :(

I am sure the others are wondering where the hell I am going. I am going 150m in any direction and hope like hell to arrive there in under 4s. LOL! ;)

#6 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:40 AM

Happens all the time. Especially in night vision or IR. Funny, todays IR and Night vision has better detail and range than it does in the future.

#7 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostDjPush, on 22 April 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Happens all the time. Especially in night vision or IR. Funny, todays IR and Night vision has better detail and range than it does in the future.

Well wtf. Today's modern enemies have way more detailed "Doritos's" over their heads too dawg. ;) LOL!

#8 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

Yeah, map geometry and/or odd perspective angles can cover up the blue triangle and if there's an enemy behind them it's easy to get confused. I've done it myself, though fortunately no TKs from it yet.

My few TKs have usually been from taking a shot at an enemy and having a teammate decide to move in between me and my target at that particular moment. And I get it, sometimes I get so focused on a particular target I get tunnel vision too. It's gotten me into trouble on more than one occasion.

At least I hope that's what's happening. I'd hate to think they're seeing me shooting this guy and decide it'd be absolutely brilliant to get in the crossfire on purpose.

#9 Nyte Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Hunter
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

wow thank you guys , and i hope the guy I almost legged saw this. I haven't even started using arty strikes yet,not sure how to aim them and i don't want to hit my team mates.I am now wondering if it wasn't my point of view from my urbie (that obscured the blue triangle) or my focus on the legs of what was supposed to be a hellbringer (i thought).

#10 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

heh, i recall how i was in a game where i gunned in all the directions and suddenly got a 'savior kill' inscription

i didn't know what it meant and i thought it was some kind of denying like in dota, i.e. i was awarded for killing a teammate not to give the enemy a certain kill and to deny them the exp and money, so i had a mixed feel of shame and satisfaction. it was funny, then i realized what it meant of course at the end of the match

#11 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

Well at least you're sorry. I'm hardly sorry when someone crossing in front of me when I'm firing an alpha down range and zoomed in.

#12 jlawsl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

I felt bad a while back when there were mass issues with friendlies not showing up all the time. I happened to get the best shot I could have wished for. I am on HPG early game, and see a medium, I think it was a wolverine, moving up the ramp from where I just took laser fire. He was going pretty fast and no other friendlies were around(or showing up). I had a split second. No triangle, ok, bad guy. I am in an AWS and unload 3 ERPPCs into him just as he torso twist toward the platform. Probably hit him with all three in a rear side torso with an xl. One hit kill. I was happy for a split second with my luck/skill/reflex, mostly (bad)luck. Screen says-blue has kill blue. First blue was me. I felt like total crap and apologized. He laughed it off.

Everyone else did when there were two or three of us left and everyone watching me noticed that I had NOTHING showing up identified. If it shot at me, I shot at it. Kinda made it fun, but nerve wracking at the same time. It ended up being me and a timberwolf vs a few if them. I think we won, but it was odd having mechs to the left, right and front that had nothing telling who they were.

#13 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

FWIW I occasionally run in front of a teammate and take some damage. I don't get upset though, in fact I expect it and count myself lucky if I don't get hit. It's my choice to run in front of a friendly or try to maneuver in a tight group, and if I get hit then that's the risk I take. Not going to fault the other pilot for hitting me.

Conversely I don't feel guilty when someone else moves in front of me and I hit them on accident. If you're zoomed in, it's nigh impossible to hold fire in time if someone runs in front of you. I only apologize if I happen to kill or leg them. If legged I will hang around and try to protect them, though that's only happened once to my memory.

#14 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:26 PM

This is why I suggested a different crosshair effect when targeting teammates a while ago because I've been confused about who's friendly and not friendly myself, especially on maps like HPG similarly to what OP experienced.

Edited by Pjwned, 22 April 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#15 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostPjwned, on 22 April 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

This is why I suggested a different crosshair effect when targeting teammates a while ago because I've been confused about who's friendly and not friendly myself, especially on maps like HPG similarly to what OP experienced.

lol it reminds me that place from 'bill the galactic hero'

The gunner's seat was padded and looked very comfortable, far more so than the warped steel deck: Bill slid into the recently vacated position and stared with unseeing eyes at. the screen before him. Little moving blobs of light.
In large letters, just above the screen, was printed: GREEN LIGHTS OUR SHIPS, RED LIGHTS ENEMY. FORGETTING THIS IS A COURTS-MARTIAL OFFENSE. “I won't forget,” Bill mumbled, as he started to slide sideways from the chair.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users