1 reply to this topic

#1 Theaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

I've been playing this game since I heard about; open beta (call it two years). I own almost 80 mechs. I'm always seeking the game with the best PvP; that allows customization, individualism, and some benefits to long term players. With a community that isn't entirely overrun with tools. So of course I enjoy the game so I do everything I can to get better at it. Everything I have ever done, PGI undoes. My Splattercat could kill at Atlas with two salvos and not overheat. My LRM 75 Stalker had a seven kill match during the first Lrmammageadon (but back then there were only eight guys on either side). Now I was never a gauss sniper nor pop tarter (but usually one jump jet is fine with me), those are on someone else. But I'm a boat builder, ghost heat fearing, squeeze every advantage type player. I counted the squares before CW matches because I knew that if everyone on my team knew what map we were going to play and only one guy on the other team didn't, we had an edge (however small). So; this last fix is my fault too. I logged in about an hour and a half before ceasefire; start building a team on the ts server and my friends list. first match we are a six man, we lose. The planet we are attacking falls to 53%. However, I've got a lot of people on friends list, I'm always in the same room on the ts server. I call and I know how to keep a room moving, so people tend to find me. So 14 people are ready to get into my cw group before the first match ends. we get four matches in before the cease fire closes. All four were attacks; and all four were loses (and we were slaughtered each time by organized teams). And sometimes the time between us readying up before the other team forming was about 10 seconds. But, in the end, we took the planet; at 53%. If one of those matches had been the other way (us defending a counter attack) they would have held. My bad. I don't know any other way to play.

#2 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

I've been playing CW for a while now and I've noticed a few key things.

Having an experienced drop commander makes a whole world of difference on the win\lose equation. #1

Being in the same group, with coms on a TeamSpeak server is a huge plus...if they are used. #2

Having experienced CW players who are familiar with each other, the maps, strategies and tactics also goes a very long way.

After that, it does come down to individual player skill - some players are simply far more valuable than others.

Mech builds, choice of mech, and experience in that particular mech, are also very important.

I've seen players who used to lose every match, and lose badly, 8 weeks ago. These same players have focused on the areas above and are now winning matches consistently. When they do lose now, it tends to be to a team that does the above better than they do. FRR comes to mind especially.

Focus on these areas, and we will soon see you in the win column as well:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users