Warhawk Since The Latest Quirkening

1 reply to this topic

#1 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:24 AM

So this weekend if I play like a maniac I can get a Warhawk C (I already have the Banshee).

Question is - is it worth it? And is it worth getting two more for eliting (thinking A & B )?

I tried playing with a few setups in smurfy's but I just can't see to find a setup that shines to me.

For the record, I'm mainly a medium & light pilot, though I do also have Dragons, Catapults, Stalkers & Banshees. And the Champion Victor, but I never bothered getting it past basics. I LOVE the Stalker. On the clan side I own the Cute Fox, Nova, Storm Crow and Mad Dog (and am really looking forward to the Arctic Cheetah).

Edited by eFTy, 24 April 2015 - 03:25 AM.

#2 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:36 AM

I have been piloting warhawks as my first clan mech around 6 months ago. The only other clan mech is the direwolf.
I have all 4 of the warhawks, and not regretting any of them. I'll give you a quick summary
Prime= 2 ER PPC 1 UAC 20
A= 2 Gauss 2 SRM 4
B= 1 LPL 3 MPL 4 LRM 10

Now the WHK C was a tough one as i did not knew what loadout exactly to take. In the end, i found that this was the best loadout and i have grown very fond of it.
WHK-C
If they blown up your left side torso, you lose 2 LPL but still have the middle one. If you lose the other one, you still got 3 LPL to fire with

I first went with an ER PPC in the CT but it really messed up firing controls. Its like Pre-dreadnoughts and Dreadnought battleships. Pre-dreadnoughts had a small large calibre main battery and 2 -3 diffrent types of calibre secondary batteries, wich all conflicted with firecontrol. Dreadnoughts took one primary large set of large calibre main armaments and one and maybe 2 types of secondary armament

Same story with many battlemechs. 3 LPLs work much better then 2 LPL and 1 ER PPC, despite the advantage in range and hitting power

If you want detailed MWO mechlabs of my other WHK's, just ask and ill post them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users