28 replies to this topic

#21 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:26 AM

The event is disappointing, no thanks, PGI. I hope the next event is better.

#22 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:37 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 25 April 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

CW is designed for full 12' only.?
Ok fine .. >>>> don't allow others people to join Specialy cadets with 4 trials mechs.

Yeah... It is the chicken and egg problem.
No winners in this argument.

Those who have been playing CW all this would learnt a long time back that you need a team with a majority of competent pilots (I mean everything to piloting, mech and equipment). Comms eg. TS3. VoIP not completely necessary except versus another full 12man.

Edited by ShinVector, 26 April 2015 - 12:41 AM.

#23 Reaper3015

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

This event is just highlighting how broken the contract system currently is. Until there is a system for merc units, people should have been locked into a faction of their choice.

#24 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

I love the event, even though Inner Sphere queues are a bit long.

#25 bossclan

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIndiana United States

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

I ran into this problem,I was in a unit that runs a Davion contract and i don't want to run as a Davion so i quit the unit.
After i quit the unit i try to enter as clan wolf and it says i have to break my contract "that i never personally made",so i see it takes 800k to get out of the contract and i reluctantly pay it.
Then i try to join as wolf and it says i am still locked in as a Davion for 3 days and now i don't even have a unit for launch with and i am still stuck with that units contract even after paying 800k.

#26 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

View Postbossclan, on 26 April 2015 - 09:26 AM, said:

I ran into this problem,I was in a unit that runs a Davion contract and i don't want to run as a Davion so i quit the unit.
After i quit the unit i try to enter as clan wolf and it says i have to break my contract "that i never personally made",so i see it takes 800k to get out of the contract and i reluctantly pay it.
Then i try to join as wolf and it says i am still locked in as a Davion for 3 days and now i don't even have a unit for launch with and i am still stuck with that units contract even after paying 800k.

All of this was explained in the event-announcement and then again on the event page itself. Go read that.

#27 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:11 AM

View PostReaper3015, on 26 April 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

This event is just highlighting how broken the contract system currently is. Until there is a system for merc units, people should have been locked into a faction of their choice.

is it? do you really think the event queue would look that much different if the contracts would work different?
I dopn't think so.
CLans were always less palyers, and they always had to organise harder to get planets in CW. They managed to do this because they made peace amongst each other to focus on going to terra. meanwhile many IS players were hiding in the other queues or just fought IS vs IS.

#28 FilthyDeryk

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 10:56 AM

Ive spent intervals of 40 minutes to an hour in the ques for tukayyid. What occurs is one person leaves your group and you are placed right back at the end of the que. One person screwing over 11 other guys. Which disappoints another then they leave and right back to the end of the que.

Its a terrible way to manage matchmaking. If people join as a LFG set then fine, but if an individual has joined on his own then shunt him forward to fill up a space, don't have group after group relegated to the end of the que.

An extremely irritating and disappointing feature, which has made me switch to other games several times now.

#29 Furball72

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

PGI clearly did not think this event through when they decided on a reward scheme. The side that has the smaller number of players get two to three times the number of opportunities to score points, but there is no account taken for that fact in the reward requirements.

When a player on one side gets at best 3 matches every 2 hours (and often no better than 1 match an hour), and a player on the other sides gets the opportunity for 2 matches an hour every hour, there is a definite advantage given, beyond what is already given by the equipment used by the opposing sides

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users