108 replies to this topic

#101 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

View PostHobotorius Augustus Kerensky, on 30 April 2015 - 01:13 AM, said:

"This game isn't tactical", said the mechwarrior getting spawncamped after a unit used fire and maneuver to get into position under their dropship.

A.K.A. "Everybody zerg this way and line up and shoot", which every brand spanking new player can figure out in the first 5 minutes of playing this game.

So no, "fire and maneuver" here doesn't even come close to real tactics, strategy, and competition as I've seen on WoT (despite all the limitations of that cancerous game) and back in MW4.

View PostDino Might, on 30 April 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

Nobody scouts because every mech as a C3, and any light that would scout gets instantly alpha'd the second it pokes up, because big red boxes appear instantly without even looking directly at the enemy.

That's what ECM and BAP are supposed to be for. If maps were expansive like they were on MW4, anyway, you'd be able to use a light mech (because speed is important for that role) to detect an enemy outside their sensor ranges, with ECM and BAP allowing you to keep them detected without them necessarily ever knowing you are there.

The counter to that was having your own scout mechs sweeping around the rest of your team, looking for those scout mechs. That's what made competitive matches on MW4 fun, there was role warfare, there was real tactics and strategy, the maps weren't limited to a few chokepoints, there weren't "magic card" consumables that took over the roles that other elements of the game are supposed to fill.

#102 Hobotorius Augustus Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

I'm just curious why it doesn't happen to good teams, to be honest.

#103 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:43 AM

Its a game of combat
Might is Right!
Because its a game of combat
Teams spawn camp because the other team did not stop them from doing so.

The reason this map seems to have more spawn camping is that the distance between the attacker and defender spawn points is shorter than the other CW maps.

The team that moves quickly and takes the initiative at the begining of the game often has advanatge.

I really like this map (including the trees, I still wish they were 3D), its a brawlers map, it has a lot of variety and there are a lot of ways to play this map, some still undiscovered.

#104 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

Its not a game of combat, if it was when you died, you would stay dead, no respawning.
If you want no more spawn camping, you get rid of respawning.

#105 IlKhan Prepaid Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:32 AM

I Have Never Been Spawn Camped On Emerald Taiga Before I Don't Think Its An Issue

#106 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 01 May 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

Its not a game of combat, if it was when you died, you would stay dead, no respawning.
If you want no more spawn camping, you get rid of respawning.

Tell that to the guys getting spawn camped

#107 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:16 PM

Here is a hint - Shoot the legs. I know a certain team that likes running low leg armor on their Stalkers.

View PostPrepaid Lenin, on 01 May 2015 - 06:32 AM, said:

I have never been spawn camped on Emerald Taiga. I don't think it's an issue.

Fixed that for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users