Tukayyid Showed That We Need Two Or Better Three Careers (Is,clan&s7) Per Player Account

25 replies to this topic

#21 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 April 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

At the end of the day I think it would mostly be another grind mechanic to monetize, in which case PGI just might pick it up...

Actually some long term motivation in the skill system would be a good thing! Right now after mastering a mech getting more XP is useless unless you convert it for mc. Which also is monetization. I guess at the end of the day we have to face it, that PGI also needs money to pay for food and develop the game.

But I like my game to be comfortable and flexible and not having to make two or three accounts...

#22 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 25 April 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

dunno, thats not a real tree, its just again only unlocking. and in case balance crews a wepaon on a mech, you need to be able to change stuff.

actually the mechlab should be able to allow us to adjust our mechs performance dependign on how often we already used a weapon system, stuff like:

srm's: adjustable from: +10%spread +10%velocity to -10%spread -10% velocity.
lasers: +x% range +x% burntime to -X% range -X% burntime.
C-AC's +X% heat. -X% shot duration, to -X% heat -X% shot duration.

because together with the pilots experience he can find small inacuuracies in a mechs normal factory build and optimises his mech together witt he techs. And so everytime before a mission you cna adjust, by either programming stuff in yoru mech or just changign some setting in the mechs hardware to a more desired degree.

True, I didn't make it very clear but the top image was my own idea to redo just the skill trees, the second image is a separate concept based on Vandul's idea which has far deeper and unique character development.

View PostRyoken, on 25 April 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

Actually some long term motivation in the skill system would be a good thing! Right now after mastering a mech getting more XP is useless unless you convert it for mc. Which also is monetization. I guess at the end of the day we have to face it, that PGI also needs money to pay for food and develop the game.

But I like my game to be comfortable and flexible and not having to make two or three accounts...

This. Having more things that PGI can receive revenue from is only a good thing, especially if it's something that people actually want to spend money on. Right now the only main area PGI seem to get decent cash from is 'Mech packs, and while that's fine by me it can only shake things up and provide more time to work on other things if they didn't have to rely just on regular releases.

And personally having characters slots is something I'd happily pay for. :P

Edited by AUSwarrior24, 25 April 2015 - 06:05 PM.

#23 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:06 PM

Damn.... those Fan made pics looks better than PGI made....

Pilot creation would be so awesome... .someone needs to show this to Russ....

#24 Quxudica

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:49 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 25 April 2015 - 05:08 AM, said:

Alas character development (in an MMO game, no less) is a lostech. :(

This isn't an mmo, it's a lobby shooter. An mmo is Planetside, this is Counter Strike.

#25 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostQuxudica, on 25 April 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

This isn't an mmo, it's a lobby shooter. An mmo is Planetside, this is Counter Strike.

That's not what PGI had advertised. :(

#26 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:35 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 April 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

Why would I buy a pilot for my mechs? That's what I exist for. I didn't buy these mechs to have someone else drive them!

I hope you're joking, because this made me laugh :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users