#61 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostBurktross, on 25 April 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

The only remediable thing on that list is amount and placement, though. I don't think that'd be enough for certain chassis.

That was my point. ;)

I still want the Mist Lynx geometry as portrayed in the spoiler on the previous page though...but it's Lostech.
Spoiler

Edited by FupDup, 25 April 2015 - 09:59 AM.

#62 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostFupDup, on 25 April 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

That was my point. ;)

Thus quirks confirmed for necessary?

#63 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostBurktross, on 25 April 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Thus quirks confirmed for necessary?

#64 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostFupDup, on 25 April 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Then you should've been telling

View PostMister Blastman, on 25 April 2015 - 06:28 AM, said:

Quirks are dumb. PGI should fix their game instead of cover it with bandaids.

:P

#65 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 April 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

The hellbringer is amazing? really? ECM that much of a problem for you scrub? How about you actually look at what your IS mechs can do instead of bunching up your panties, cramming them up your butt and then crying clans are OP just cause everyone else is doing it.

Oh, I like how you also just listed another mech generally looked over by the forums as a threat to clans

And Gryphon to the list of Stalker, Grasshopper, Jager, BlackJack, Dragon, the fricken Thunderbolt, and the ever popular FireStarter.

But no, oooh QQ, QQ, Timberwolves, OMGAWD!.. its not like you can't shoot off their damn arms easily with your shorter burn time lasers, Insta damage not crap ACs and the like. ..nooooo.

Have you seriously not seen what a Dragon can do to any of those mechs if it even gets the slightest drop on it? It's not pretty (unless you are in the dragon, then it is VERY pretty).

Keep crying.
Hellbringer is really good for CW which is what i said, it masks where your mechs are, maybe you dont know how much of an advantage that is for a hard hitting mech 4 ER Medium and Gauss type mech?
LOL you really are a scrub, anyone knows Dragons underperform even the 1N (shoot its arm off, or is that so hard for you or youre not good enough maybe?) also i mentioned Tbolts in my post... but reading comprehension is hard i guess.

As for Timberwolves and Stormcrows you can blow off one of their torsos and they still live and kill enemy mechs.. something IS mechs really cant do to compete equally (firepower wise) with Clanners.

Yeah youre butthurt i see it, despite having the better mechs

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 April 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Did I SAY OP? Or did I say they can bring the hurt and compete? Park your fricken rolfcopter, sit down, don't put words in my mouth and discuss like an adult or get the hell out.

You should take your own advice, coz i never said anything about being OP either maybe you need to take reading or English classes or maybe just go to school?

Edited by Ace Selin, 25 April 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#66 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostBurktross, on 25 April 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

Then you should've been telling
[Mister Blastman quote]
:P

To be fair, there are some underlying issues in the game that should be ironed out, and perhaps ironing them out would allow us to reduce the quirks on some mechs...but outright removing quirks entirely would be a mistake.

#67 Frosted

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 515 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

Clan mechs are OP

#68 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts
  • LocationOff in the Desert

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 25 April 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Hellbringer is really good for CW which is what i said, it masks where your mechs are, maybe you dont know how much of an advantage that is for a hard hitting mech 4 ER Medium and Gauss type mech?
LOL you really are a scrub, anyone knows Dragons underperform even the 1N (shoot its arm off, or is that so hard for you or youre not good enough maybe?) also i mentioned Tbolts in my post... but reading comprehension is hard i guess.

As for Timberwolves and Stormcrows you can blow off one of their torsos and they still live and kill enemy mechs.. something IS mechs really cant do to compete equally (firepower wise) with Clanners.

Yeah youre butthurt i see it, despite having the better mechs

the Dragon has a powerful (by the way, adjustable engine) that lets it move into position as it needs, and the quirks for the ACs are insane, yeah you can shoot off the arm, but that is if it isn't already focusing on you, Other wise, you're not gonna live long enough to do that. YES the Dragon has issues, it always has, but it can be used to great effect in a way no clan mech can do.

Clan gauss is pretty damn worthless and our ERMLs can be out fired, out damaged and out ranged by anything with Large Laser quirks, .. soooo.. yeah. Have fun trying to run up and get in range to use them while Stalkers and T-bolts are ripping up your armor.

yeah, you mentioned the T bolt, No lack of comprehension there, It still is one of the best CW mechs how ever. All that fire power, good hit boxes, and plenty of weight to drop a 3 deck of and a Firestarter for lols.

You should take your own advice, coz i never said anything about being OP either maybe you need to take reading or English classes or maybe just go to school?

How ever, your lack of comprehension here is amazing, this wasn't directed at you, but rather at the jackass I said was putting words in my mouth. And yet you take issue and respond do it?

Three best mechs in the game my eye. The only things Clan have are laser laser laser. Best is not "forced into one weapon load out for lack of anything else decent"

#69 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostFrosted, on 25 April 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

Clan mechs are OP

Posted Image

#70 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 April 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

the Dragon has a powerful (by the way, adjustable engine) that lets it move into position as it needs, and the quirks for the ACs are insane, yeah you can shoot off the arm, but that is if it isn't already focusing on you, Other wise, you're not gonna live long enough to do that. YES the Dragon has issues, it always has, but it can be used to great effect in a way no clan mech can do.
Dragon can't roll 2xAC5 with any decent speed. It has to run an XL360 to match a 'Crow in speed, and that just isn't happening. Best you can do is XL330 without skimping on armor or ammo. And it's still an IS-XL mech with all of its eggs in one easy-to-hit basket.

#71 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

View PostRampancyTW, on 25 April 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Dragon can't roll 2xAC5 with any decent speed. It has to run an XL360 to match a 'Crow in speed, and that just isn't happening. Best you can do is XL330 without skimping on armor or ammo. And it's still an IS-XL mech with all of its eggs in one easy-to-hit basket.

Posted Image

What if I told you, you didn't have to run as fast as a Crow, to kill the Crow.

#72 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

I invite all intelligent players to promptly leave this thread, as it will go absolutely nowhere just like every other thread discussing Clan/IS balance

#73 Ezazel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:07 AM

Heh, funneh hyperbole clan whiner. Compare 3 is LL vs 2 CLPL.

3x ISLL: 27 damage, 21 heat, range 450, weight 15, 6 slots, duration 1s.
2x CLPL: 26 damage, 20 heat, range 600, weight 12, 4 slots, duration 1,12s.

IS has better quirks but clans have better XLs. Pretty even.

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 April 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

Me, A whiner...

Oh and that lovely short burn, high damage,long range, 4 alpha no ghost heat Large Lasers the IS has now as opposed to the

long burn, high heat, shorter range, 2 alpha with out ghost heat Clan Large lasers.

#74 CantHandletheTruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostEzazel, on 25 April 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

Heh, funneh hyperbole clan whiner. Compare 3 is LL vs 2 CLPL.

3x ISLL: 27 damage, 21 heat, range 450, weight 15, 6 slots, duration 1s.
2x CLPL: 26 damage, 20 heat, range 600, weight 12, 4 slots, duration 1,12s.

IS has better quirks but clans have better XLs. Pretty even.

I love comparisons in a vaccum, which common non-trial build rocks two LPLs? Much less more than that?

#75 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

View PostBurktross, on 25 April 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

What else can you do to fix inherently bad mechs?
Short of complete geometry changes, at least.

Fix the engine. Fix the convergence. Fix the limited hitboxes (i.e. add a lot more). A lot is broken far beyond balance. And what is broken causes all these problems.

#76 Koniks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

Clan meta may be boring with lasers, lasers and gauss, or streaks being run on 2 or 3 mechs in CW and 4 outside. But that has nothing to do with its advantage over the IS which needed an additional 120 tons per match to even be effective.

Clan XLs, tonnage, and range on the 3 meta weapons make up for the deficiencies. Really, Clan players are complaining about beam duration? Try turning down your mouse sensitivity so you can hold a beam on target.

There's a reason why if there were no restrictions tryhards would run nothing but Clan mechs and why they want the worst offenders nerfed.

#77 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostCantHandletheTruth, on 25 April 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

I love comparisons in a vaccum, which common non-trial build rocks two LPLs? Much less more than that?

Just about every good clan build uses some combination of CLPL and CERMLs.

Regarding the OP... everyday I'm surprised by out of touch some people can be with this game. I'd really like to see how these guys play.

Edited by Adiuvo, 25 April 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#78 Rampancy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostSeph MacLeod, on 25 April 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

What if I told you, you didn't have to run as fast as a Crow, to kill the Crow.
Hey, you were the one barking about the 1N's "powerful engine."

#79 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

View PostAdiuvo, on 25 April 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

Just about every good clan build uses some combination of CLPL and CERMLs.

Regarding the OP... everyday I'm surprised by out of touch some people can be with this game. I'd really like to see how these guys play.

They will have to Posted Image

#80 Stealth Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 736 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostRampancyTW, on 25 April 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Hey, you were the one barking about the 1N's "powerful engine."

yes, powerful enough to let it be mobile enough. All you seem to be freaking out with the Crows speed. You don't need to chase it to shoot it down, and I promise you, you put enough not twistable damage on any clan player? you're gonna rip off an arm or something and most likely make them abandon plan and retreat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users