Can I Win Cbills With 0 Dmg Per Match?

28 replies to this topic

#1 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

Because i dont have my own computer,i write this message with my sister computer. I cant play right in this computer but i have installed the game,for any clan related things (yeah,a clan recruit me) But i want a new mech appart from my machine gun Cicada,i want a clan mech and i have an eye on Stormcrow D,so i want CBills to buy and loadout it. But i cant play right,since this computer with this game goes with poor FPS,after i buy a new better computer i cant play right,but i can try to do matches without do anything and win some CBills in case that my team win. Is that possible? In case of the answer was yes,how much time i need to gain about 13 million of CBills only winning matches without do dmg? Maybe this is a weird question,but my unit is a merc unit,and rounds to every faction and clan per week,and i want a clan mech,a clan mech that was LRM boat,caused im skilled with that weapons. (maybe im a noob as major part of users they going to say me but at least i do some kills)

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

Nonparticipation is against the terms of service. You need to play, not just log in and watch.

#3 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

View PostModo44, on 26 April 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

Nonparticipation is against the terms of service. You need to play, not just log in and watch.

What he said.

I get that you want to make money, but by dropping like that you're depriving the rest of the team of your firepower, or a target to absorb damage from the enemy. The matchmaker can take a long time to put you in a game sometimes, and no-one deserves to spend all that time waiting just to be a man down because you can't play.

TLDR; don't do it. Please.

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:06 AM

Yes you can, if you spot, and narc like a baws, but it will stay low compared with killing and damaging. With afk participation this will however not work, sry thats not WoW where youc an use afk bots to grind honor.

Edited by Lily from animove, 27 April 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#5 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:16 AM

View PostTeteSP, on 26 April 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:

Because i dont have my own computer,i write this message with my sister computer. I cant play right in this computer but i have installed the game,for any clan related things (yeah,a clan recruit me) But i want a new mech appart from my machine gun Cicada,i want a clan mech and i have an eye on Stormcrow D,so i want CBills to buy and loadout it. But i cant play right,since this computer with this game goes with poor FPS,after i buy a new better computer i cant play right,but i can try to do matches without do anything and win some CBills in case that my team win. Is that possible? In case of the answer was yes,how much time i need to gain about 13 million of CBills only winning matches without do dmg? Maybe this is a weird question,but my unit is a merc unit,and rounds to every faction and clan per week,and i want a clan mech,a clan mech that was LRM boat,caused im skilled with that weapons. (maybe im a noob as major part of users they going to say me but at least i do some kills)

If your fps is screwed, lrms will help you contribute to team effort. For a Clan mech, take a Kit Fox D if your fps is really THAT bad. it's cheap to buy, has loads of missiles and you miiiight still be able to do something? But honestly tho, I would just take a break and wait until you have a better computer. What is your fps if you don't mind me asking? You can check by pressing F9, it appears in top corner in yellow text.

Edited by Repasy, 27 April 2015 - 12:17 AM.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:24 AM

As others have said launching a match with no intention to participate is against terms of service.

it is possible to finish a match with 0 damage, if that happens you will usualy still get at least 25,000 cbills, so 260 520 games for your 13 million. however if this happens frequently your account is likely to get banned.

please read the code of conduct so you understand what is and is not permitted ingame
http://mwomercs.com/...nduct-expanded/

edit: epic mathematical fail

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 27 April 2015 - 01:48 AM.

#7 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:01 AM

i earned for 2 kfxes and their toys playing with like 1-2-3 fps before i upgraded my pc lol

a ) play conquest only and mostly capture points with a fast mech, you can even carry games that way, if you capture 3 points it may mean gg even if all your team except you died; on top of that conquest gives you the most c-bills, up to +37000 conquest bonus if you win getting 750 resources, less if you lost and earned less

b ) lasers in chain fire and mgs allow you to get assists even with low fps (my personal records it was 1 dmg for 3 assists and 2 damage for 5 assists)

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 27 April 2015 - 02:03 AM.

#8 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:01 AM

View PostRepasy, on 27 April 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

If your fps is screwed, lrms will help you contribute to team effort. For a Clan mech, take a Kit Fox D if your fps is really THAT bad. it's cheap to buy, has loads of missiles and you miiiight still be able to do something? But honestly tho, I would just take a break and wait until you have a better computer. What is your fps if you don't mind me asking? You can check by pressing F9, it appears in top corner in yellow text.

8 FPS

Edit: Ill consider the Kit Fox D but my desire was Stormcrow D, any way i smurfyed and i obtain this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1dbf70003b1f863

When i have the new computer and have more FPS i think if i buy a new mech or i continue with Cicada 3C.

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 27 April 2015 - 02:01 AM, said:

i earned for 2 kfxes and their toys playing with like 1-2-3 fps before i upgraded my pc lol

a ) play conquest only and mostly capture points with a fast mech, you can even carry games that way, if you capture 3 points it may mean gg even if all your team except you died; on top of that conquest gives you the most c-bills, up to +37000 conquest bonus if you win getting 750 resources, less if you lost and earned less

b ) lasers in chain fire and mgs allow you to get assists even with low fps (my personal records it was 1 dmg for 3 assists and 2 damage for 5 assists)

Jesus Christ!!! Only 3 FPS,and u earn 3 Kit Foxes. U are a beast.

Edited by TeteSP, 27 April 2015 - 03:20 AM.

#9 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:40 AM

View PostTeteSP, on 27 April 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

8 FPS

Edit: Ill consider the Kit Fox D but my desire was Stormcrow D, any way i smurfyed and i obtain this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1dbf70003b1f863

When i have the new computer and have more FPS i think if i buy a new mech or i continue with Cicada 3C.

Jesus Christ!!! Only 3 FPS,and u earn 3 Kit Foxes. U are a beast.

Ah ok, so pretty bad but not absolutely 100% unplayable (maybe 92% unplayable, lol). And yea the Stormcrow D is another good choice. Once you upgrade your computer you could refurbish into arguably the best streak boat in the game.

As far as a computer upgrade goes, what's your budget? If you've got time on your hands you could try find someone who builds optimized gaming computers, give them your desired minimum and maximum specs, and see what their fee range would be. Or if you want something quick and stress free, you can find great deals online on laptops once in a while (Staples, Best Buy, Future Shop, etc.). I purchased an ASUS K450LD Series laptop off of Future Shop's website in November, and it was delivered within 2 to 3 days (~$800 CAD). It runs the game @ 40 - 55 fps on low settings and handles most other games well, but you may want something a bit better if you want to use high settings. In any case, for minimal settings you should look for something that has at least an Intel i7 processor (or equivalent), NVidia GeForce 820M, and 8 GB RAM.

Edited by Repasy, 27 April 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#10 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:30 AM

One idea to make yourself useful with bad FPS: use the KFX-C which is currently on the trial mech selection. It has ECM, active probe, and triple-AMS. Just stick close to as much of your team as possible, and try to stay alive. As long as you're close to your team and not dead, you'll be helping -- at least if you play in something like low/mid-Elo PUG where the enemy is likely to use LRMs. The KFX-C also loaded with hit-scan weapons (MGs and lasers) which can get you a few assists even with low FPS.

The second thing you can do is double-check that you've done everything imaginable to boost FPS. Tried DX9 vs. DX 11? Everything set on low? If you have a weak GPU but a high-resolution display, playing at a lower resolution will give you a lot of FPS. (I do this when I play on my laptop, which has a 15" full-HD display but a weakish GPU: playing at 1280x720 instead brings FPS from 35 to 65.) I think there're also config-file tricks you can try, but I haven't tried those.

Edited by jss78, 27 April 2015 - 08:31 AM.

#11 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

your 1st 25 matches get a cadet cbill bonus plus at the download page you can claim a free day of premium time.

#12 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:38 AM

How to play with low FPS or direct fire skill:

Step 1: Load up on LRMs
Step 2: Mash the 'R' button
Step 3: Fire away until dead or out of ammo
Step 4: Earn money

-Advanced-

Step 1: Take ECM, Arties/Airstrikes, BAP, NARC, TAG, and LRMS
Step 2: Provide ECM to team, make money
Step 3: Use BAP to counter ECM, make money
Step 4: Use arties and airstrikes at anything and everything, make money
Step 5: Use LRMs to attack enemies, make money
Step 6: Use NARC and TAG when ever possible, make money

#13 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostRepasy, on 27 April 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Ah ok, so pretty bad but not absolutely 100% unplayable (maybe 92% unplayable, lol). And yea the Stormcrow D is another good choice. Once you upgrade your computer you could refurbish into arguably the best streak boat in the game.

As far as a computer upgrade goes, what's your budget? If you've got time on your hands you could try find someone who builds optimized gaming computers, give them your desired minimum and maximum specs, and see what their fee range would be. Or if you want something quick and stress free, you can find great deals online on laptops once in a while (Staples, Best Buy, Future Shop, etc.). I purchased an ASUS K450LD Series laptop off of Future Shop's website in November, and it was delivered within 2 to 3 days (~$800 CAD). It runs the game @ 40 - 55 fps on low settings and handles most other games well, but you may want something a bit better if you want to use high settings. In any case, for minimal settings you should look for something that has at least an Intel i7 processor (or equivalent), NVidia GeForce 820M, and 8 GB RAM.

Wow,the best LRM boat in the game,sounds good :D

About buying a laptop,i dont buy anymore laptops,because they cant be upgrade,this is the cause in part,that im going to buy a deskop computer. In the next months i will put a better graphic card and if i can, more RAM,but the CPU is too expensive,so its the last thing that im going to upgrade.

#14 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostTeteSP, on 27 April 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Wow,the best LRM boat in the game,sounds good :D

About buying a laptop,i dont buy anymore laptops,because they cant be upgrade,this is the cause in part,that im going to buy a deskop computer. In the next months i will put a better graphic card and if i can, more RAM,but the CPU is too expensive,so its the last thing that im going to upgrade.

I hear ya. You sound more handy than me when it comes to hardware, :P so I guess you should disregard my advice on that stuff.

#15 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

Can you win CBills with 0 dmg?
Yes.
Is it worth it?
No.
I recently had a crash at match start before fighting and, as usual, upon rejoining found out I was dead. Thus I had 0 dmg. Here's what I got, ask yourself if this is worth it, I do not think so as you will need to join a LOT of matches just to get enough to buy a freakin' Locust.
Posted Image

#16 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostRepasy, on 27 April 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

I hear ya. You sound more handy than me when it comes to hardware, :P so I guess you should disregard my advice on that stuff.

CPU was the brain of computer,RAM for multiple works,and graphic card the poligons of games,pixels,etc...etc... laptops have this parts welded,so u cannotchange any part,except hard disk and the clock battery and i dont know surely but RAM too.

#17 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 27 April 2015 - 10:09 AM, said:

Can you win CBills with 0 dmg?
Yes.
Is it worth it?
No.
I recently had a crash at match start before fighting and, as usual, upon rejoining found out I was dead. Thus I had 0 dmg. Here's what I got, ask yourself if this is worth it, I do not think so as you will need to join a LOT of matches just to get enough to buy a freakin' Locust.
Posted Image

Well actually i have 2 million of CBills,my goal was 13 million,so i need to do a lot of matches :( I need 13 million of buy a RyoKen D (aka Stormcrow D) and put CLRM weaponery. This is how i want the Stormcrow D http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e506f4a367de341

Edited by TeteSP, 27 April 2015 - 10:33 AM.

#18 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 776 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Use TAG. Trust me, bags of C-bills.

#19 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostExoForce, on 27 April 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

Use TAG. Trust me, bags of C-bills.

TAG makes CBills¿¿¿¿ I never used one. Anyway its not sure that im going to buy the RyoKen,i think that im going to stay with the Cicada and optimize my skills with him.

#20 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostTeteSP, on 27 April 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

TAG makes CBills¿¿¿¿ I never used one. Anyway its not sure that im going to buy the RyoKen,i think that im going to stay with the Cicada and optimize my skills with him.

good choice, learn the game with cheaper mechs first
i recommend you to join a IS unit because you can get good mechs for good price, clan deck for cw will cost you at least 40 million cbills (you need 4 mechs)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users