Warhawk-C Builds?

27 replies to this topic

#21 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:42 AM

I think I will reacquire some WHKs after I finish eliting 3 TBRs and 2 ADRs. Very interesting builds.

#22 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:57 AM

I actually made a LRM boat out of it.
3LRm15, LLas in the center, MedLas + 1 TAG in the other energy points.

PUGs often get surprised by the fire power you can put out of this missile boat.

#23 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:45 AM

2LPL+Gauss+2-4ERML Classic Gauss Vomit.

1LPL+4ERML+4ASRM6(93 alpha - watch that heat and range)

5ERLL+TC2+...keep at range

4LPL(my current favorite poke-monster. Stay at 500m, burn faces)

2UAC10, Dakka dakka

2Gauss...nice cooldown quirk + module

5MPL+LRM30...LRMs if you must. I dont recommend pure LRM for solo drops cuz Pugs dont press 'R'.
5ERML+ALRM45 see above.

2ERLL+UAC20/10+2ASRM6

4ERPPC - or 3ERPPC + TC and more DHS

#24 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:50 AM

I've had really good luck running 3 LPL and 2 MPL on it with a TC2, max armor, and full of heatsinks. Typically between 400-700dmg and 1-4 kills. The day I built it, before I even hit the elite tier in it, I had an 1100dmg + 7 kill match.

No matter what build you go with, make sure to put that CT energy slot to good use.

#25 CF Alpha Scout

• PipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 24 September 2015 - 02:39 PM

The Warhawk is a great clan assault mech for energy builds.

But when I built mine, it changed my opinion of MWO.

2 Large Pulse Lasers, and 4 Medium Lasers.

Enough said.

Edited by CF Alpha Scout, 11 October 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#26 EvGaS

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKyiv, UA

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:47 AM

I do this build for building fun and esthetic look (like PPC cannon body in center))), but it shows very good in very different battle situations.

Unlegging lights, brawling, trolling of snipers at more than 1400m or tickeling by lasers a little closer... And arms movement in any direction.
Plus - very heat friendly and with 80-90 alpha strike without ghost heat problems.

Disadvantages - 4 groups of weapons (4 buttons on mouse needed) and some strategic usage, because this build not performed for direct battle at mid ranges. Use tactics for close 150m brawling or troll snipers at max distances. If you can handle with 4 fire groups and correct positioning in same time - this build can be very unpleasant for opponents cause they just dont understand what is this in first time ;-)

G1 2x cLPL (main weapon all time, excluding some brawl overheats)
G2 3x cSPL (brawl, delegging lights with G1)
G3 1x cER-PPC (snipering with G1 or fast finishing of target or just trolling at ~1650m, once I killed kingcrab)))
G4 3x cSRM-6 (brawl, constant with G2 without overheats, sometimes - with G1 also)
TC1, 4 HS, 250-350 SRM ammo (+- ton of armor or BAP or TC 2)

With that I can do up to 4 kills and 750 DMG (1-st build, my aiming is not very good, but "it works")
Modules - LPL distance, SRM 6 reload, Seismic and radar depr.
Omnipods - give some useful bonuses, like +21 armor on left hand or PPC bonuses for 3xPPC build with Prime left hand...

WHK-Zorg co (Zorg corporation multi-gun from 5-th element))))

Some LPL alternative with BAP:
WHK-ZorgWub

And strange but more practical (than pure sniper 4xPPC) chymera 3x PPC +brawl 3x SRM 6, 3x SPL:
WHK-ZorgPPC

Edited by EvGaS, 25 August 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#27 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:14 AM

I've probably played the Warhawk as much as anyone playing the game right now and 4 Lpl or the Mini Dire (-1 Gauss) is where it's at. I don't care for brawling unless you are running the 4x SRM6 build but then your right side is a huge liability. Stay in your comfort zone where you can win trades more often than not like the 4 Lpl build and just melt people from safety.

#28 EvGaS

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 77 posts
  • LocationKyiv, UA

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:19 AM

View PostFearNotDeath, on 25 August 2016 - 10:14 AM, said:

I've probably played the Warhawk as much as anyone playing the game right now and 4 Lpl or the Mini Dire (-1 Gauss) is where it's at. I don't care for brawling unless you are running the 4x SRM6 build but then your right side is a huge liability. Stay in your comfort zone where you can win trades more often than not like the 4 Lpl build and just melt people from safety.

I've seen you few times.
Some a sort 4 larges tryed on quickdraw - this is not mine, full energy is too hot for me. But 4 LPL config for warhawk is easy to build - just change omnipods and ER-PPC's. Fits good for many players. But all weapons in the arms, so this is not C or B build.

For brawling - 4 SRM's produse some ghost heat and only at B aviable. In Zorg co build brawling is combined - on Caustic valley in training grounds mech can sustain constant fire with 3 SRM6 + 3 SPL (excluding heat of engine) and thats is very hurts, and taking not so many tons of load. Moreover - 2 LPL also can be often useful for selfheating in brawl. And PPC for totally dare situations ))

About sides liability - I do some tryes to neglate this, so with half of mech, battle still capable. And surviability is little higher cause that special components disposition. But still present divide between long and brawl side, but some task-things are doubled, like central PPC for long ranges (when LPL hand ripped), LPL also can do hard damage in close range (when right side ripped), and a little divided ammo, if there was hard damage torso or main ammo hand from beginning, before usage of rockets.

And comfort zone is also true for most of people. I'm trying to fight in not comfortable for opponent zone. Thats produces big amount of hate, especially on mechs with streaks and LRM's. ))

69 km/h do possible fast closeup for brawling some single target. And 2 LPL + PPC also not bad for melting-poking for distance, from 850-950 meters and above it sometimes even better than 3-4 LPL. (PPC shake, one wub-poke against 2 wubs of 4 LPL's)

Edited by EvGaS, 25 August 2016 - 11:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users