Quirks For Ferro

24 replies to this topic

Poll: Quirk Ferro for the Endo poors? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Quirk Ferro to give more/less armor per ton?

1. Yes, this is a great fix to Ferro that is EZPZ to implement (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. Nah, Leave Ferro the least desirable upgrade (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:15 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 30 April 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

Basically, your proposition favors heavier mechs if you continue the math.

I don't see that as a problem seeing as how it's the heavier mechs that need the help anyway.

Light mechs (and most mediums) are going to be running Endo regardless for the weight savings, the whole point is to give heavier mechs like the Summoner, Gargle, and King Crab a reason to take FF in place of Endo.

#22 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 30 April 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

I don't see that as a problem seeing as how it's the heavier mechs that need the help anyway.

Light mechs (and most mediums) are going to be running Endo regardless for the weight savings, the whole point is to give heavier mechs like the Summoner, Gargle, and King Crab a reason to take FF in place of Endo.

Heavier mechs need help???

WHA...?

From a firepower perspective or HP? I dont see the Crab needing help. Summoner and Gargles, yes. But also several IS lights and mediums.

#23 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

We aren't talking about firepower we are talking about FF and how to make it worth taking.

As it stands FF is useless except for ights, and a few medium outliers like the Stormcrowm this screws over mechs like the summoner Gargles and Warhawk that have it locked and adds a "stupid tax" to mechs like the jager, zeus. and king crab because you have to pay to take off FF and then pay for endo.

#24 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

A truely easy way to make Ferro more desirable, without tweaking balance TOO much, is to simply make it occupy a proportiablly smaller number of criticals than Endo.

You want to save some wait, AND cram in 20 double heatsinks? Well then, you want Ferro! You want all the tonnage you can get for those two Gauss, and ammo to feed 'em? You pick Endo.

#25 Erasmos

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

I don't have a problem with the idea.

I didn't vote yes or no, partially because I'm not that passionate about any armor-type, and partially because I haven't really taken the time to think of all the implications it could have that aren't immediately obvious.

I don't think it would be a waste of time, to consider FF quirks for some specific mechs.

(But then again, I have nothing to gain by trying to humiliate a complete stranger for discussing a new idea.)

Edited by Colonel Tonberry, 18 May 2015 - 02:01 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users