8 replies to this topic

#1 Island

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

Hi guys, another newb question.

I'm a bit confused on buying mechs from the store. There seem to be a whole lot of Mech's I'm seeing in game, or can pilot the trial version, that are not available for purchase from the store. Such as Timber-Wolf, Hellbringer, Zeus, Awesome, etc

Is there a rotation of availability for certain mechs? Is there a way to know when mech's will become available again, if they become available again?

Thanks!

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostIsland, on 30 April 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Is there a rotation of availability for certain mechs? Is there a way to know when mech's will become available again, if they become available again?

Trial Mechs do rotate, I need to look around for when they change.

The FAQ's have dates for when mechs release, and threads in the Announcements area also advertizes, I can check those again.

Timberwolves except for the A are available for C-Bills (For the A, MC & C-Bills, June 16th, 2015)
Hellbringers are all available
Zeus not yet, need to wait until: May 19th for MC / June 16th for C-Bills
Awesomes are available

There are a few types that are exclusive such as the Phoenix variants, Clan Invasion variants and so on, which is basically the C-Bill Percent boost.

You can buy from the Mechlab not just the in-game or website stores, most variants should appear in-game now. And a few variants for particular chassis are only gift store purchases, with newer chassis to be released in the future for MC and then C-Bills.

So in-game, there is a category you can swap to Purchasable mechs, here is where to find that filter:

Posted Image

And you can use the Tabs on the left side to limit to Mech Classes as usual to help find what you are looking for faster.

Edited by Praetor Knight, 30 April 2015 - 10:26 PM.

#3 Island

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

Thanks for the info! I just realized after this post, some of the mech's i thought weren't available for purchase were lol. Whoops.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying, I didn't realize a lot of those mechs weren't released yet for CBILLS. Got it now!

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

View PostIsland, on 30 April 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

Thanks for the info! I just realized after this post, some of the mech's i thought weren't available for purchase were lol. Whoops.

Anyway, thanks for clarifying, I didn't realize a lot of those mechs weren't released yet for CBILLS. Got it now!

They're using a model where early birds get to pay cash and play with giant robots a few months early then the rest can eventually buy it for MC/C-bills. It pays the bills but everyone can eventually have the toys down the line. (Still not applicable to Hero mechs, most people are okay with that).

#5 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:27 PM

Generally those who spend real money for mechs get some perks, like the bonus to C-bills on one variant and/or mech bays, but if you are willing to wait the standard variants all become available for c-bills. This is why we say that this game isn't pay to win, because you don't gain any advantage by paying versus not, other than being able to get the mechs sooner.

#6 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

View Postmailin, on 30 April 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

This is why we say that this game isn't pay to win, because you don't gain any advantage by paying versus not, other than being able to get the mechs sooner.

Well, unless the mech is the advantage and you get to play it for 3~4 months , like the clans... and they combo several good packs one after another and you buy them all... :) .

#7 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:08 AM

Mechs aren't really the advantage. It's still really easy to take out a Timberwolf or Direwolf, if you know how and your team focuses their fire. Heck, even though I bought all the clan packs, I still prefer IS mechs.

#8 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:31 AM

Here is a video tutorial for buying and selling Battlemechs. Hope it helps!

#9 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostSpike Brave, on 01 May 2015 - 04:31 AM, said:

Here is a video tutorial for buying and selling Battlemechs. Hope it helps!

Sadly, another example of where PGI's UI design falls short and people need to make tutorials on how to execute some of the most menial tasks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users