Any Clues About That Mech?

18 replies to this topic

#1 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:35 AM

I mean to put that mech in mech rooster to build. I mean the Cyclops,an assault mech with ECM and BAP,provided by capellan confederation,like the Raven.

#2 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

A little hard to understand but you want to know if there are plans to put the Cyclops mech in the game?

There has been talk about the Cyclops being put into the game eventually I believe. If it will have ECM I don't know that is up to whatever variants they decide to put in (unless all cyclops are able to use ECM, which I doubt.)

All mechs can have a BAP put into them so no need to worry about that. Now just hope that they come out with the Cyclops sometime soon, and that it will have ECM.

#3 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

View Postluigi256, on 30 April 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

A little hard to understand but you want to know if there are plans to put the Cyclops mech in the game?

There has been talk about the Cyclops being put into the game eventually I believe. If it will have ECM I don't know that is up to whatever variants they decide to put in (unless all cyclops are able to use ECM, which I doubt.)

All mechs can have a BAP put into them so no need to worry about that. Now just hope that they come out with the Cyclops sometime soon, and that it will have ECM.

Yep,all u said is all i want to say. Cyclops with ECM :wub:

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:43 AM

Cyclops was mentioned as a 'Mech that came in third, with Grass Hopper and Black Knight trumping it in the votes.

We have Grass Hopper.
And evidently Black Knight just got announced. (Looks more alien than Knightly though).
Posted Image

Cyclops would be next in line.

On a positive note: I'm excited about the Crab.

Posted Image
First appearance ever in a Mechwarrior game.

#5 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostKoniving, on 30 April 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

No it's not. You pilot a Crab in MW2 Mercenaries.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostBanditman, on 30 April 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

No it's not. You pilot a Crab in MW2 Mercenaries.

Mkay. Welp in the google search I did I couldn't find any pictures of any Crabs. (I need to play MW2 Mercs.)

#7 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:30 PM

Cyclops would be next in line.

Where u find the info that confirms that?

#8 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net..._2:_Mercenaries

Featured BattleMechs

Inner Sphere
Looks like MWO got beat too it there Koniving....

Dang it, ninja'ed!

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostTeteSP, on 30 April 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Where u find the info that confirms that?

PGI had voting threads for it last year. They wanted to know what the community wanted as far as 'Next Mechs'. Also on that list for assaults were "Charger", Zeus, and Mauler.

We now have Zeus and Mauler is here, meaning up next will be Charger. No votes on medium/light mechs though that I know of.

Search seems to be down at the moment.

#10 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

Do we really NEED another medium or light mech? I mean, really? Honestly, do we really NEED more mechs? I'd be happier if they could come up with a better way to monetize things so they could put more effort into things like maps and systems. I get it, monetizing mechs is easy. But man. They need to do some creative thinking up there in Canuckistan about how to better monetize the game so that they can do the things the game really needs.

#11 TeteSP

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:52 PM

Shet!!! Cyclops was the best assault mech for me,because have ECM and BAP,created by house Liao. In mech commander 2 i usually builded Cyclops in pairs :D So will very cool to pilot one from the cabin :D

View PostBanditman, on 30 April 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Do we really NEED another medium or light mech? I mean, really? Honestly, do we really NEED more mechs? I'd be happier if they could come up with a better way to monetize things so they could put more effort into things like maps and systems. I get it, monetizing mechs is easy. But man. They need to do some creative thinking up there in Canuckistan about how to better monetize the game so that they can do the things the game really needs.

Well honestly a new game mode and high scale battles will be good. But at least MWO was the best MW game ive played.

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:16 PM

Cyclops was mentioned as a 'Mech that came in third, with Grass Hopper and Black Knight trumping it in the votes.

We have Grass Hopper.
And evidently Black Knight just got announced. (Looks more alien than Knightly though).

View PostKoniving, on 30 April 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

PGI had voting threads for it last year. They wanted to know what the community wanted as far as 'Next Mechs'. Also on that list for assaults were "Charger", Zeus, and Mauler.

sorry Koniving, the Cyclops is a 90 ton assualt
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cyclops
I had to check Sarna when you started talking as if it was a heavy, because I knew it was a 90 ton assault in MechCommander 2.

you are correct about the voting thread but cyclops was definitely not a candidate for the heavy, I thought the Cyclops was on the assault vote instead of the mauler but I could be mistaken, as I also cannot find the threads.

edit:

View PostKoniving, on 30 April 2015 - 02:58 PM, said:

You're right. Cyclops is an assault. I had it mixed in with the heavies (it's among the "ugly" things that I haven't really used).

I believe Cyclops and Mauler were both on votes as well as Zeus and Charger.

Two 90 tons, two 80 tons. That's what it was.

(Were there other heavies? Could have sworn there was more voted on than Grass Hopper and Black Knight).

thanks to Google I was able to find links to the polls,
while I also thaught there were more than 2 heavies, evidently I was wrong,
the Heavy poll was between only the Black Knight and Grasshopper, the assault Mech poll was between Charger, Cyclops and Zeus, no Mauler in the poll.
In both cases there was almost nothing between 1st and 2nd place (5 votes out of nearly 5,000 for the heavies and 22 of over 2,000 between the Cyclops and Zeus)

http://mwomercs.com/...ault-mech-poll/
http://mwomercs.com/...eavy-mech-poll/

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 01 May 2015 - 01:59 AM.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 30 April 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

sorry Koniving, the Cyclops is a 90 ton assualt
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cyclops
I had to check Sarna when you started talking as if it was a heavy, because I knew it was a 90 ton assault in MechCommander 2.

you are correct about the voting thread but cyclops was definitely not a candidate for the heavy, I thought the Cyclops was on the assault vote instead of the mauler but I could be mistaken, as I also cannot find the threads.

You're right. Cyclops is an assault. I had it mixed in with the heavies (it's among the "ugly" things that I haven't really used).

I believe Cyclops and Mauler were both on votes as well as Zeus and Charger.

Two 90 tons, two 80 tons. That's what it was.

(Were there other heavies? Could have sworn there was more voted on than Grass Hopper and Black Knight).

*Edit. Fixed the misplaced like from own post to Rogue's.*

Edited by Koniving, 30 April 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#14 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

View PostBanditman, on 30 April 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

heh, i was kinda thinking the same thing.. Get those art modelers working on some new maps, and finish updating the mechs that need model updates! Commando, for example, among others of the early mechs that need the modeler weapon updates...

Perhaps after this next round, they will task a few of um on just that..

#15 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

Not familiar with the crab, went "???" over it.

How did i miss out the voting?!?

#16 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 30 April 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

I think the question wasn't the list of mechs in MW2, but screen shots of the mech in MW2. Mercenaries was an expansion that failed to work when I had it. (Kept glitching out and crashing.) I'd love to personally see it's MW2 image in all it's glory.

(PS: Sarna can be altered by just about anyone. Not saying anything specific here, just saying that the Crab may have been added in later and might not have been in the actual game. People have been altering the ECM page on Sarna, and the bringing it to arguments about how ECM was described to work in lore.)

#17 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:29 PM

View PostKoniving, on 30 April 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

Mkay. Welp in the google search I did I couldn't find any pictures of any Crabs. (I need to play MW2 Mercs.)

Do it. It has a lot of missions with some real flavor. In fact the Crab was Always the first mech I bought as an upgrade from the starting Commando. Ideal early merc ride. No ammo, just some good beam weapons and very usable even when you don't have the money to customize it!

#18 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:10 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 30 April 2015 - 08:11 PM, said:

Not familiar with the crab, went "???" over it.

How did i miss out the voting?!?

it was in September, for the Resistance (not resistance 2) pack, and only for the Heavy and Assault.

I would love to prehaps 2-4 times a year have a poll for a good number of timeline relevant chassis in each weight class, to get a rough idea of what Mechs PGI are considering for the near future, but I doubt it will happen.

#19 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

Still wishing they had the ECM Crab as one of the options. Oh well. would have been pushing the timeline I guess a bit too much. (Not to mention C3 isn't a component we can use in this game currently. Of course, they could always have C3 act like a Targeting Computer, as it does similar effects as a TC in this game.... Kinda...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users