7 replies to this topic

#1 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:34 PM

Anyone else surprised there is no Resistance bonus chassis like their was for Wave 2? I expected it to be the Mauler because it is so well liked.. But I guess not (I know some appreciate that!). Anyway.. Just thought for sure they would do something like that.

#2 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:37 PM

Well, they give us extra variant for the early bird content, which covers extra chassis....

and hey :)

#3 Brimbooze

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

I'm kind of hoping they throw in the Cyclops or Assasin as a bonus chassis later on.

#4 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 30 April 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Anyone else surprised there is no Resistance bonus chassis like their was for Wave 2? I expected it to be the Mauler because it is so well liked.. But I guess not (I know some appreciate that!). Anyway.. Just thought for sure they would do something like that.

Only if PGI throws in a Cyclops...

I think the worst part is the lack of monthly rewards.

#5 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:16 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 30 April 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

Only if PGI throws in a Cyclops...

I think the worst part is the lack of monthly rewards.

Previously, what they're now pushing as "early adopter" content would be the monthlies but they've changed the system, it seems. It kinda sucks because it means we won't get any of it until the last mech is injected, rather than receiving a steady stream of content (which I prefer).

#6 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

View PostInRev, on 30 April 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

Previously, what they're now pushing as "early adopter" content would be the monthlies but they've changed the system, it seems. It kinda sucks because it means we won't get any of it until the last mech is injected, rather than receiving a steady stream of content (which I prefer).

The mechs trickle in for the paying users in Sept (1 month after the final mech of Wave 3 pack release). The C-bill release starts before Christmas.

It will be a long winter for some people, although current projections (for me) say that the Wolfhound is the best in the pack (it won't replace the Firestarter, but it has a niche that a FS doesn't have - a 160kph 35-ton trolling option (1 variant though). That isn't saying much here.

#7 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

I would buy for the extra Cyclops. This champion Jaggermech does nothing for me. The cyclops as a bonus for Resistance wave 1 and 2 would make me happy about spending the 80 for all the other energy mechs. Even if the Cyclops ended up being another energy only mech.

#8 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

View Postluigi256, on 30 April 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

I would buy for the extra Cyclops. This champion Jaggermech does nothing for me. The cyclops as a bonus for Resistance wave 1 and 2 would make me happy about spending the 80 for all the other energy mechs. Even if the Cyclops ended up being another energy only mech.

My understanding during the debates of the Cyclops, Zeus, and Charger (lol Charger) was that it was going to be a "90-ton Atlas".

So... I think that would hold up better than the ballistic+missile per each side torsos on the Mauler, but that's just me.

Edited by Deathlike, 30 April 2015 - 07:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users