43 replies to this topic

#41 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

Balance wise it's a lot of different things coming together. Clan mechs are ready out of the box except you choose the load-out. Inner Sphere mechs need all the upgrades, but have access to all of them which Clan mechs do not. So you end up having a lot of non-upgraded Inner Sphere mechs in battle and they are weak and drag the others down. But if all the Inner Sphere mechs are upgraded with Endo and Quirked weapons, they are greatly superior to Clan mechs.

That's why I say free the Equipment on Clan mechs or you won't know how to balance the two factions. No one uses mechs like the Summoner and Executioner anyway due to all the fixed junk they are burdened with.

#42 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:23 PM

View PostGrisbane, on 30 April 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

you won terra, congraats.. please ignore the 100 megaton warheads embedded in key fault lines.. enjoy your planet.. please, you should all gather there, we even vacated it for you..

before you say it's genocide.. remember, in the end, a clanner is a clone and was never an individual in the 1st place..

Not really clones, that's Star Wars, more like only the chosen can breed. Either way the Clans are the Bad guys. Who would really want to allign with them? That's why no one plays Clanners, or so few compared to Inner Sphere in MWO. In MWO you just get the speed and flash of the Clan mechs, but most of the big-badda-boom is removed. The quirked Inner Sphere mechs in the 80-85 ton range, for instance, match up well vs the Mad Cat, at least for me piloting in I.S.

Anyway, me and the PUGs I played with did not win a single match vs I.S. organized teams. Most were just one-sided stomps. We almost won one, but lost once the spawns were camped and we could be focus-fired on one at a time while dropping from the dropships. I never found a Clan team, but I guess there were some. Hopefully the finished version is more fun.

#43 Serpieri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:27 PM

IS shouldn't worry soon the Wolf and Cat will do what is right and fight for a better tomorrow.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users