Congrats To Clan Wolf!

30 replies to this topic

#21 Knightcrawler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostWM Dirges, on 01 May 2015 - 03:39 AM, said:

Yup, having MS and QQ diminishes the honor a bit. ...It doesn't help that MS dropped from Clan Wolf like a bad habit immediately afterword.

Still, congrats in the accomplishment.

As Hybrid mentioned, they really dedicated themselves to Wolf for this event and the period leading up to it. They might burn out if they keep doing the same thing over and over again; switching to IS means they can use different mechs, different strategies, and have different opponents. It keeps things fresh for them, and allows them a broader perspective for tactics and meta.

View PostHelaton, on 02 May 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Its good for Mercs to move on otherwise wolf would grow complacent. We need them to clean our clocks once in a while to turn mutts into pups. It makes Clan Wolf stronger in the end.

Thank you for the visit and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield soon (either side of the reticle).

I actually agree with this, Helaton. If MercStar were with us all the time, yes, we WOULD grow complacent. It'd be our fault; human nature is just that way. The Clan system is set up to avoid

#22 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:17 AM

View PostWM Dirges, on 02 May 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

Well if you want to dezgra yourselves by letting stravag mercs out perform your trueborns then so be it.

...All I am sayiing is that, from a clan perspective, the leaderboard standings are disgraceful.

Wow you must not have been around when MS was carrying Ghost Bears...lol

Atleast Wolf has SWOL, CWI and CWDG (in that order :) ) carrying it with or without MS. MS was/is a great group and obviously made us stronger but they will move on. We appreciate all the help and would welcome them again but will also enjoy fighting them once again.

#23 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

View PostHelaton, on 02 May 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

Its good for Mercs to move on otherwise wolf would grow complacent. We need them to clean our clocks once in a while to turn mutts into pups. It makes Clan Wolf stronger in the end.

Thank you for the visit and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield soon (either side of the reticle).

Wise words from Helaton. Looking forward to seeing how much Wolf has improved following our time there. o7

#24 Dirgez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 04 May 2015 - 07:17 AM, said:

Wow you must not have been around when MS was carrying Ghost Bears...lol

Atleast Wolf has SWOL, CWI and CWDG (in that order :) ) carrying it with or without MS. MS was/is a great group and obviously made us stronger but they will move on. We appreciate all the help and would welcome them again but will also enjoy fighting them once again.

I am well aware of MS's past history in CGB. Just because MS threw there weight around in CGB does not mean I appreciated it.

Again, if you are ok with mercs coming in and taking all the glory and then quickly jumping ship then you are not worthy of being a part of the children of Kerensky.

Edited by WM Dirges, 04 May 2015 - 09:02 AM.

#25 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostWM Dirges, on 04 May 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

I am well aware of MS's past history in CGB. Just because MS threw there weight around in CGB does not mean I appreciated it.

Again, if you are ok with mercs coming in and taking all the glory and then quickly jumping ship then you are not worthy of being a part of the children of Kerensky.

Mercs are to MWO like supply routes were in the lore. The Wolves knew they would be vital, and ended up being the most successful.

Suck it.

#26 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

View PostAraevin Teshurr, on 03 May 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Agreed, since when would the Clans actually higher IS mercenaries? That would never happen, and PGI better remove that ability from the game. Many people are throwing their hands up at this stupidity, and not logging in.

MercStar started out clans so wouldn't we be Clan mercs?

#27 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

Well, if you do not want to work with the mercs it is your loss. "Dogged adherence to tradition" and all that.

Edited by Rouken, 04 May 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#28 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

Well, looking at the scores and placements, it seems to me that regular Wolf units had the biggest total impact. Besides, last time i checked MS is a collection of like 5-6 good units, so they should be fairly big, even if their number of active players may or may not be less than most people think.

#29 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 04 May 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Well, looking at the scores and placements, it seems to me that regular Wolf units had the biggest total impact. Besides, last time i checked MS is a collection of like 5-6 good units, so they should be fairly big, even if their number of active players may or may not be less than most people think.

well we have very active players buts there on all over the day, so we have a very good presence at all times

#30 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:36 PM

View PostRouken, on 04 May 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

Well, if you do not want to work with the mercs it is your loss. "Dogged adherence to tradition" and all that.

And that dogged adherence to tradition is what cost other Clans potential success in the face of Wolves not only beating other Clans in their invasion corridors, but actually achieving some semblance of success on Tukayyid as the original story goes. Whereas other Clans reject adaptation over tradition, Wolves learn, adapt, overcome, and win!

So bring all those who wish to be Wolves; we will band together as one and prove ourselves once more!

Edited by Commander A9, 04 May 2015 - 07:37 PM.

#31 Sylvian

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMechbay

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

I am quite late to this, and honestly have no right to reply as I did not, and have not, participated in this wave of the push towards Terra.

However, it would be a disservice to my Clan if I did not remind you, all of you, that as the Children of Kerensky did not come to conquer the Inner Sphere. No, we fought admittedly against this invasion when it came to vote, we held it off as long as we could, and now that it is here our goal is not to burn and reap a swath of path of destruction and chaos from our homeworld to Terra. No, we are going to protect them, from themselves and from the other clans.

We should exalt every Inner Sphere Merc that joins us. Free Birth or no, they willingly join our ranks, even if briefly, and fight against their "brothers-in-arms" within the Innersphere. Is this not what we want? Them willingly joining us, rather than resisting us?

My Clan Brothers and Sisters, I say let them fight beside us! Let them see the superiority of our ways, our combat prowess. Let them join with us, and bring down the oppressive regimes that sprang up when the Star League. Do this, and we have already won.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users