Selling Price Of 'mechs Too Low.

13 replies to this topic

#1 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:03 PM

it's the price to sell the chassis without weapon and equipment while you buy it with it

you will lose all the money for upgrades though

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

I regret every sale I've made, I have like 3 STD 275s and empty mechbays to go with it.

Even...the QKDs.. sometimes I just need equipment on strange impulsive builds.

Edited by Xetelian, 29 April 2015 - 08:56 PM.

#3 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

When you buy a mech, it's weaps, equipment and engine are factored into the cost. So if you strip the mech down to barebones and sell it, all that value that came with the weaps/equipment have been stripped out, hence the very low sell back.

What I don't like however, is the fact that upgrades do not incease sell back. A chassis with Endo/DHS upgrades should sell more than the same one without said upgrades but it doesn't which is a bit of a theft.

#4 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

Posted Image

#5 SamsungNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:27 PM

Not to be too snarky, but if you're selling 'Mechs, then you're doing it wrong.

The game is not static, and even the crappiest 'Mech in the game may one day be buffed into godhood.

Don't believe me? Just look at the Stalker-4N.

I've regretted every 'Mech I've ever sold, and a few dollars for some extra 'Mech bays is way, way more time/cost effective than the time it takes to grind those 'Mechs out again. Besides, PGI gives out bays like candy these days.

#6 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

View PostMacster16, on 29 April 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

When you buy a mech, it's weaps, equipment and engine are factored into the cost. So if you strip the mech down to barebones and sell it, all that value that came with the weaps/equipment have been stripped out, hence the very low sell back.

What I don't like however, is the fact that upgrades do not incease sell back. A chassis with Endo/DHS upgrades should sell more than the same one without said upgrades but it doesn't which is a bit of a theft.

You're kidding right? That DHS upgrade ain't cheap. Should sell back with a bump up in value for it.

#7 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

Cbill. Sink.
Every game has em.

#8 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:34 PM

Honestly: Making money in this game is WAY too easy. It is as if it almost not existed at all.

I'm playing since december 2014 (so not too long), without premium time, on a casual basis (I work full time).

Yet I already have like ~40 mechs (most of them the all-so-expensive clan mechs), I have an abundance of modules (e.g. 5x Radar Deprivation), an incredible amount of weapons and equipment and currently 67 millionen C-bills that I absolutely have no idea what to spend on.

Imho, just like in reality, the problem lies with the person, not the income.
You don't have to have every single mech in the game to satisfy some prehistoric collector drive.
You don't have to buy a mech for 10 million just to try it once and then never touch it again.
Use your money like a grown up and you will have more than enough.

Edited by Paigan, 29 April 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#9 Mister Raven

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Location13/f/cali

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:03 AM

Allll the pricing is designed to make you want to spend real money.

That's it. its just that simple.

the 50% money on selling a mech. the c bill grind, the xp grind. the hero mechs that have equipment mounts the normal ones don't.

all these free to play games are like that. they make you grind grind grind in a game that was never that good to begin with but they make you think "If i just unlock this next item the game will become good!"

Games today, grind to get more XP so i can unlock things that will allow to me get more XP so i can unlock things that will allow me to get more XP ad infinitum.

Remember if you ever have any questions about why the pricing is the way it is, the answer is to get YOU to get fed up with c-bill grinding and spend REAL money.

Edited by Mister Raven, 30 April 2015 - 03:04 AM.

#10 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:40 AM

View Posttechnopredator, on 29 April 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:

I sold a KTO-18 for ~1M C-Bills, it cost me ~4.3M C-Bills, the game gives 50% for many items, this is clearly a theft from PGI, giving less than 25%, this has a lot of potential to discourage players to keep playing, who wants to buy a 'mech that it won't worth not even 25% when I don't want/need it anymore? They should be sold at usual 50%.

It's a used combat vehicle
They aren't renowned for holding their value, especially after being hit by PPCs

As for the "theft from PGI", it's only a theft if you count stealing as someone going 'I'll give you X for that item' and you then going 'sure' and doing the exchange of your own free will.

#11 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:44 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 30 April 2015 - 03:40 AM, said:

It's a used combat vehicle
They aren't renowned for holding their value, especially after being hit by PPCs

Most battlemechs are used combat vehicles.

#12 Macster16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 576 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:38 PM

View PostXetelian, on 29 April 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

You're kidding right? That DHS upgrade ain't cheap. Should sell back with a bump up in value for it.

Eh? That's precisely what I was saying....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users