Are we headed for annihilation?

34 replies to this topic

#1 Ogopogo

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationCalgary Alberta Canada

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I think no. Nowhere that I've read in the dev notes or in any of the game's info does it say that after the game begins it will be sticking to timeline canon.

Roughly translated I believe this means that we will be re-writing future history.

Speculation on the clan war and the destruction of the FRR in correlation to the game itself is just that. Speculation. I don't imagine the dev's would create a faction and make it playable just to destroy it in a few patches.

Unless I'm wrong and someone can help me find some info on future plans that would discredit me.

So my fellow Republican warriors... I say we drop our collective hammers down the throats of our would be assailants and re-write what fate has designed for us.

We and we alone can prevent our destruction.

All hail The Republic!

/discuss

Edited by Ogopogo, 02 July 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#2 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

the way i'd have imagined it is that clan dont actualy get a foot hold in the inner sphere but they fight along the periphery border of the power houses they did say in some FAQ that its going to be a border war mostly, you cant take core worlds and what not so i doubt they just throw the clan into the I.S not until a year or 2 passes.

#3 Beazle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOahu

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

I really hope it doesn't stick too much to canon. I want to feel like a part of the universe, not just somebody watching the same story play out on a different media.

#4 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Thats exactly why I signed up here. I wanna break the canon - and the Ghost bears lol

If Lowtax really wanted to damage canon and not just troll RPers theyd have gone FRR

View PostKodiak Jorgensson, on 02 July 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

the way i'd have imagined it is that clan dont actualy get a foot hold in the inner sphere but they fight along the periphery border of the power houses they did say in some FAQ that its going to be a border war mostly, you cant take core worlds and what not so i doubt they just throw the clan into the I.S not until a year or 2 passes.

I want to have a chancve at keeping them out but NOT by the company running the game having to nerf the clan to make it "fair" THAT is "game breaking" imo

Edited by 514yer, 02 July 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#5 Atavism

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

They've already said that players will be fighting for territory control. It would be really hard to make that even remotely meaningful, and hold strictly to canon story lines at the same time, since who holds what territory at what time is already spelled out in canon. Major story elements could easily be there, but I'm not expecting all the details to be the same.

#6 Silent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

View Post514yer, on 02 July 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

If Lowtax really wanted to damage canon and not just troll RPers theyd have gone FRR

The only thing more insufferable than an illiterate Davion is an honorbound vatborn. We aren't going to miss the Invasion.

Edited by Silent, 02 July 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#7 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

View PostSilent, on 02 July 2012 - 11:05 PM, said:

The only thing more insufferable than an illiterate Davion is an honorbound vatborn. We aren't going to miss the Invasion.

Fighting for Capellan Confederation sorry but yes you will miss the invasion.. but being a weird sect i guess you all go were your lowtax guru points.

#8 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

I don't think the Devs wouldn't tell potential FRR-players beforehand that they would get destroyed.

#9 Shredhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Wow, did you not read the Dev Blogs? Not even once? They will adhere strictly to canon! We will not "make our own canon" and stuff. The Clans will strike right by the timeline, and they will conquer all the planets according to lore. All we will do is fight over some border worlds, not reshaping the whole starmap! And I like it that way!

#10 BearCatx

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

I'm hopeing as clanner that when the devs finally insert the Clans into the game that they will add some kind of batchall to the mix were you have to bid for a battle. As we all know if equal forces of clan vs IS meet on the battle field the tech of the clanners alone could make the battle instead of pilot ability. that way when the clans drop our tech will be greater but perhaps not our numbers. It could be really fun to batchall my way down to a single star and be forced to annihlate a whole company of freebirths.....

#11 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

More like re-birth. We become the Rasalhague Dominion. We just get a lot more planets and Clan Ghost Bear tech/warriors.

#12 BearCatx

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

I wasn't speaking directly about FRR guys just IS pilots in general

#13 Evil Ash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

I'll fight for the highest bidder, history will sort itself out.

#14 Hypernaut

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

How can you ask such an obsolete Question? As long as only one Rasalhague soul breaths we will fight for our beloved Republic. We fought centuries to get rid of the snakes - such a temporary trend like clans we will withstand with one hand on our back !! :huh:

#15 BearCatx

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Also I would hope that the Devs would let the war develope however it developes only controlling things like tech and arrivals based on timeline canon I highly doubt that just because the book say that on "X" day this planet falls into the hands of a particular clan that it automatically happens that would limit certain planets to attacks by certain calns and such. I think they will leave that sort of thing out of the picture all together and just let the player decide how the battles and hostile takeovers happen.

#16 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

View PostShredhead, on 03 July 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

Wow, did you not read the Dev Blogs? Not even once? They will adhere strictly to canon! We will not "make our own canon" and stuff. The Clans will strike right by the timeline, and they will conquer all the planets according to lore. All we will do is fight over some border worlds, not reshaping the whole starmap! And I like it that way!

Well said. The IS consists of more than 650 Worlds and in literature only a handfull ist described. So there will be more than enough room for squabbles for territorial controll and sticking to the canon.
Ergo the FRR WILL become a COMSTAR protegee and the rest of them will be eaten by the Gostbears.

#17 Daniel Wraith

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

plus there is the union of house davion an steiner which will gut the Caplean Confederation the St ives compact will also be a state for the IS

#18 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

I'd swear this topic is addressed in half a dozen other threads in this sub-forum...

#19 Daniel Wraith

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

an also consider this the clans also fought themselfs in boarder wars during the invasion for planets along the way to earth

#20 Grimm Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationKristianstad, Sweden

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

Are we headed for annihilation?

If by "annihilation" you mean winning... then yes... if no... then... no. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users