452 replies to this topic

#41 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:29 PM

Pinatas!!! You could have multiple different hanging pinata items such as Atlas head, Faction pinatas, and other items.

Maybe some cockpit items of mercenary units, such as a Kell Hounds flag, or posters with faces of characters in the battletech lore.

Blue prints or schematics rolled up setting on the dash or unrolled some where in the cockpit.

Data Pads, when you read the books you read things about data pads why not put one in the cockpit where some one set theirs when they climb into the cockpit (sorta like placing your cell phone in your car).

Dud grenade, some officers and others will have a dud grenade setting on their desks why not one to set on your mech dash?

PGI worker bobble heads, so example: Russ Bullock or Paul or better yet Tina bobble head to set on the dash. One way for the devs and PGI to figure out who the community likes most :)

Pet turtle in a bowl or fish in a small fish tank.

Deck of cards

I like the stack of C-Bill idea but considering its not the Dark Ages you have electronic transactions.

Sandwich box, like what you get at MCDonalds or BK

Edited by clownwarlord, 01 May 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#42 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

View PostTarogato, on 01 May 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Oh, you know exactly what's coming... maybe you'll remember this thing I doctored up during one of the streams:

Posted Image

My wife has one in the kitchen window lol +1

Edited by clownwarlord, 01 May 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#43 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:36 PM

The "iconic" Timberwolf from the front of the MW2 box, either as a statue or as a poster

Generic lonewolf/mercenary items would be good too

Edited by FatYak, 01 May 2015 - 08:37 PM.

#44 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

My best idea was still Bombshell riding an overlord class dropship bobblehead. But I think I might be able to think up something new.

Posted Image

#45 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:40 PM

Standing Item: Order of the Five Pillars book.

Hanging Item: Chi-Rho symbol.

Standing Item: Test tube, labelled "son." Another test tube, labelled "daughter."

Mounted Item: Siege Warhorn. See below for the kind of thing I'm going for.

#46 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:45 PM

Posted Image

To help ionize that stuffy cockpit.

Edited by Ngamok, 01 May 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#47 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:47 PM

A monitor displaying a functional rear-view camera.

#48 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:48 PM

1. Two versions of a snow globe sized standing item. On the base is written "Vae Victis". The clan version features a destroyed Atlas. The IS version features a destroyed Timberwolf. The mechs should clearly look ruined, possibly in pieces. I think those would be the most iconic mech choices, but other choices could also look pretty nice.

2. A simple item that reads "once more unto the breach" for those of us that are always at the front of a charge.

3. A small piece of astro turf with a sign that reads "Get off my lawn!", "My Lawn!", "Off the grass!", or something similar.

#49 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

Posted Image

Terra

Posted Image

Actual Terra

#50 Flying Fox 333

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

Functional cockpit items seem the most useful overall and most popular. A la war horn's and onKill animated Trashcan.

So with that in mind:
  • Holographic animated fireworks display when a kill is obtained. With a client side only sound effect to match. New Year's item?
  • Haunted house with animated ghost, bats flying away when firing your weapons. Halloween.
On a side note, you should update the UI to mention the extra functions of the cockpit items if any.

#51 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:56 PM

• A Standing clock (digital or analog) that displays ones system time. (I hate alt-tabbing to my desktop to see how far past my bed time it really is)
  • A hanging pocket watch - Again showing system time.

#52 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

A hanging Surat cockpit Item!
We have standing Surat item, Surat mounted item, but we miss a hanging Surat for the full Surat cockpit feel. Please PGI.

#53 Wraith 1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

-Wireframe mech hologram, a la MW2's enhanced imaging. Bonus points for making it reflect the current status of your mech.

-Old CRT TV. My imaginary pilot would enjoy having it while queuing for CW.

-Tesla coil. Doubles as a sidearm if you're evil and crazy.

-A massive pile of technician's bills, loose cash, reward vouchers, IOUs, bar receipts...

-A meter showing your current mech's kills vs a particular mech. I'll take 27 of the 'Stormcrows killed' meter.

-Manually activated 'warhorn'. One use per match, sounds like a person actually blowing a horn.

-Invisible emitters for fire and spark effects, placed on the various consoles in the mech. Activates alongside the 'critical damage' siren; Perfect for feeling like a boss in a tanky mech.

#54 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 735 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

I may be really stupid and have difficulties grasping basic information from written text, but correct me if I'm wrong; isn't the idea of this contest to do a serious item? I am really confused about the appalling amount of ridiculous things people seem to consider serious. "No goofy stuff" actually means what I think it means right?

#55 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:44 PM

Serious Cockpit Item? Data read out screen that counts damage, kills, and assists as you go through out the match. So you can brag while you laying your swag ;)

Match score counter? So as you do things it adds to the match score while in the match. This will help those that don't know if they are close try and do more to get the score required for an event.

I like the clock ideas some one suggested earlier.

ECM interference/ BAP interference counter. How many times does some one ask why is my BAP not working or ECM?! while in a match.

#56 G-LOC

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:50 PM

I've always wanted to see a heart rate monitor/neruohelmet interface checker.

At the start of MW2 Mercenaries the loadscreen was always the below:

Posted Image

It would be amazing to have a box in your cockpit with this in it, the heartbeat's sine wave could even get erratic or speed up when your mech sustains damage and you get the critical warning and red flashing lights.

#57 Ausrick

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:59 PM

For those of us with a little less luck/fortune/skill or higher level of frustration or self-loathing, Maybe a series of death-horns....

A "Game Over" screen or have that come up on the no input monitors, and maybe plays that "wa wa wahh" sound that so often denotes fail on TV.

...Also as mentioned with some of the old-school 80's arcade themes, maybe have an "Insert Quarters" slot or even have some sort of Pong or Pac-Man knock-off playing on the monitors.

Maybe have some stereo options, have a graphic EQ display on one of the monitors, or have the ability to play some tunes. (not just when you are dropping or killing)

#58 SwirlingBrain

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGarland, TX

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:59 PM

My daughter has cystic fibrosis and i think it would be awesome to have a pair of silver lungs as gross as that may sound but then all proceeds would go to CFF.org.

My wife loves a/c so i think a window unit would be nice for her.

Scented candles would be nice, i like cinnamon or gardenia.

A bomb complete with sparkling fuse.

dentures in a glass of water.

color changing optical filament lamp.

Godzilla.

A glowing Cross with Jesus on it. Jesus saves!

oil & blue water wave device with little surfer guy.

#59 Viper Centurion

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 34 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:00 PM

a motion sensor system that also gives ping on enemy mechs location that located on mech radar (act like a second map, but only gives heartbeat sensor alike readings)

#60 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

If it hasnt been said..
A Mechs Drivers Licence.
Generic type plastic card type licence,,,

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users