#161 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostMystere, on 04 May 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

???

View PostJaxRiot, on 04 May 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Im not following. What does 'Missed in Pug Ques' mean?

Missed = modes. Sorry. That's what I get for shooting off a quick reply on my phone.

#162 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 04 May 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

Missed = modes. Sorry. That's what I get for shooting off a quick reply on my phone.

Ok so let me see if I get what you are trying to say correct.

You are saying to basically keep CW as it is, except have 2 separate ques. One for Pugs and One for premades.

If thats what you are trying to say, then I see both good and bad with that.

The Good- More casual type players will more than likely participate in CW because of better solo que times, and a more even playing field. The Premade/Units get to keep their more Competitive team play just beating up on each other like they mostly do now.

The Bad- There are by far more casual players than Comp units. With the limited number of drops per planet the Comp units could possibly get pushed out if they have to share the drops with Pug ques.

I dont know. I see the good, but I also see the potential bad

#163 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

This is Surn from the old Mechwarrior Registry.

There is a solution to save MWO and make it much more fun. I worked on it for a few months back in 2004-2005.
"[color=#959595]what resulted was a league where individual players and teams could fight across the entire battletech universe and take planets, asteroids, moons, or parts there of."[/color]

http://homeworld.mec...lanetname=Terra

Here is a more exhaustive post on the subject : http://mwomercs.com/...cw-planet-maps/
Here is a video explanation: https://youtu.be/MdHYBhVzGSs?t=4m8s

You can build worlds that link to the terrain we fight on... http://homeworld.mec...der.swf?link=no

Edited by MechregSurn, 04 May 2015 - 02:57 PM.

#164 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

View PostGrynos, on 04 May 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

If 70% of the people do not use a game mode that the devs spent resources,time,and money on,then it is their fault...... Oh back in the day, wait it's time to live in the present and hope for the future. And just so you know, it is the devs putting the prizes for the CW events because otherwise CW gets played as much as MW2-4 these days.....

This is an excuse at best. Especially since it wasn't even brought up in this thread until now. People are complaining about ELO, 12 mans, and systems.

And now we have a F2P argument. Yeah I'm calling BS on this one too. If PGI unlocked everything for everyone, you all would quit within a week. The reason being is there is no competitive drive in any of you. I mean that's evident by just the mentioning of ELO why would you need ELO if you intend to win, not merely accept a 50% win rate and hurry it up to the next farming match.

Its not just MWO, but other games as well. There's no drive to win, just farming. Where winners aren't celebrated, but called bullies for causing the other side to lose.

#165 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostTaemien, on 04 May 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

This is an excuse at best. Especially since it wasn't even brought up in this thread until now. People are complaining about ELO, 12 mans, and systems.

And now we have a F2P argument. Yeah I'm calling BS on this one too. If PGI unlocked everything for everyone, you all would quit within a week. The reason being is there is no competitive drive in any of you. I mean that's evident by just the mentioning of ELO why would you need ELO if you intend to win, not merely accept a 50% win rate and hurry it up to the next farming match.

Its not just MWO, but other games as well. There's no drive to win, just farming. Where winners aren't celebrated, but called bullies for causing the other side to lose.

Well, you have a hardcore mega competitive game mode right here in this game. Are you having fun with CW, brah?

I feel that everybody who whines about elos, MnMs, and other associated things are playing the wrong game. This game, like most others out there, are casual. They appeal to, and make money off, casuals. If you want to play a hardcore game, you should switch to fighting games.

That's as hardcore as it gets in the videogame world, and you only have yourself to blame if you lose. Steam offers contemporary versions of almost all modern franchises, bar guilty gear.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 04 May 2015 - 03:03 PM.

#166 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 04 May 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Well, you have a hardcore mega competitive game mode right here in this game. Are you having fun with CW, brah?

I feel that everybody who whines about elos, MnMs, and other associated things are playing the wrong game. This game, like most others out there, are casual. They appeal to, and make money off, casuals. If you want to play a hardcore game, you should switch to fighting games.

That's as hardcore as it gets in the videogame world, and you only have yourself to blame if you lose. Steam offers contemporary versions of almost all modern franchises, bar guilty gear.

You and your hatorade should go away.

#167 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 04 May 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

You and your hatorade should go away.

How is any of what I posted hatorade? Are you guys mad that I'm pointing out facts and truths again?

#168 Flaming oblivion

• The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:08 PM

LOL I warned you.

But its fine I left months ago with everyone else.

And yes I know your glad.

Just like im glad the guys that were so convinced the game was on the right course got exactly what they deserved almost everyone else left.

Judgement day

*walks away laughing*

#169 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostGrynos, on 04 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Lol it is suppose to be a war, which means that there needs to be population, other than PGI manufacturing it through events. If it is a war then why don't the planets mean anything?? Right now it is just glorified TDM, with two game modes that are extremely similar. No need to have any strategy in relation to the overall map because a computer picks the place you can go, so there is no need for true strategy like what happens in War. Look at Planetside 2 , at least that game resembles a war.

Ahem! We only have 2 game modes and a simple "take 8 out of 15 for the planet" "campaign". What do you expect? We need more game modes and more depth, something like this.

View PostGrynos, on 04 May 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Perhaps they should make more of an Esport product seeing as those populations seem to be doing just fine.

I did not sign up for that, and so do a large chunk of the original Founders.

Edited by Mystere, 04 May 2015 - 06:28 PM.

#170 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 04 May 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Ok so let me see if I get what you are trying to say correct.

You are saying to basically keep CW as it is, except have 2 separate ques. One for Pugs and One for premades.

If thats what you are trying to say, then I see both good and bad with that.

The Good- More casual type players will more than likely participate in CW because of better solo que times, and a more even playing field. The Premade/Units get to keep their more Competitive team play just beating up on each other like they mostly do now.

The Bad- There are by far more casual players than Comp units. With the limited number of drops per planet the Comp units could possibly get pushed out if they have to share the drops with Pug ques.

I dont know. I see the good, but I also see the potential bad

No, just that attack/defend/counter attack would be playable from the pub queues and would use the same buckets as the pub queues, while CW itself, with its lp and star map would remain effectively the same.

Rather than having players grouped into factions, the pub queue attack/defend/counter attack modes would have mixed teams, and preferably, mixed drop decks. It would be a good way to teach new players the maps, as well as give them an idea of how the game modes work.

#171 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 04 May 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

No, just that attack/defend/counter attack would be playable from the pub queues and would use the same buckets as the pub queues, while CW itself, with its lp and star map would remain effectively the same.

Rather than having players grouped into factions, the pub queue attack/defend/counter attack modes would have mixed teams, and preferably, mixed drop decks. It would be a good way to teach new players the maps, as well as give them an idea of how the game modes work.

What's to convince solo players to go into CW if they can do everything in the former? Exclusivity is there for a reason.

#172 Texas Merc

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

View PostMystere, on 04 May 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

a large chunk of the original Foudners.

A large chunk of the original founders no longer play this game or at least play it very sparsely.

#173 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 May 2015 - 06:30 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 04 May 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

A large chunk of the original founders no longer play this game or at least play it very sparsely.

And that is because they got tired of waiting for CW. But, what makes you think a good implementation of CW will not make many of them come back or play more often?

#174 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

View PostMystere, on 04 May 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

And that is because they got tired of waiting for CW. But, what makes you think a good implementation of CW will not make many of them come back or play more often?

Because of bad hit reg, balancing by magic (quirks), same old death match with 4 respawns, no game depth, no role warefare, and maps that are the worst seen in any game yet, a game mode that promotes base rushing, spawn camping, because real competitive players dont want to play vs pug seals 9 out of 10 times, i could go on but whats the point?

Edited by N0MAD, 04 May 2015 - 07:14 PM.

#175 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 04 May 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

How is any of what I posted hatorade? Are you guys mad that I'm pointing out facts and truths again?

Everything you have posted for the last couple years,

View PostTexas Merc, on 04 May 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

hi

View PostFlaming oblivion, on 04 May 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

LOL I warned you.

But its fine I left months ago with everyone else.

And yes I know your glad.

Just like im glad the guys that were so convinced the game was on the right course got exactly what they deserved almost everyone else left.

Judgement day

*walks away laughing*

We are glad you left, we remember your terrible self, and count ourselves lucky.

#176 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

What's the point? PGI is already planning Tukkayid 2 a few short months away and wiping any progress again.

#177 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:25 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 04 May 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

Because of bad hit reg, balancing by magic (quirks), same old death match with 4 respawns, no game depth, no role warefare, and maps that are the worst seen in any game yet, a game mode that promotes base rushing, spawn camping, because real competitive players dont want to play vs pug seals 9 out of 10 times, i could go on but whats the point?

Quirks are special subsystems

#178 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 04 May 2015 - 07:20 PM, said:

We are glad you left, we remember your terrible self, and count ourselves lucky.

Im sure everyone is happy most of us founders left, i mean im sure PGI is happy 60,000 + founders left they dont need the income from them, same as all those guys waiting 30+mins in the Qs this past event are glad all those players were driven of.. yep great thing to have the most ardent MW fans not playing...
ggclose as they say..

#179 Yokaiko

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 04 May 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

Im sure everyone is happy most of us founders left, i mean im sure PGI is happy 60,000 + founders left they dont need the income from them, same as all those guys waiting 30+mins in the Qs this past event are glad all those players were driven of.. yep great thing to have the most ardent MW fans not playing...
ggclose as they say..

pssst

Flaming Oblivion was a cult of stupid.....and I'm a founder.

#180 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

View PostYokaiko, on 04 May 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

pssst

Flaming Oblivion was a cult of stupid.....and I'm a founder.

so am i (founder) your point?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users