#21 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 30 January 2016 - 08:47 PM

View PostLunatech, on 30 January 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

They're nowhere near as good as you're expecting, unfortunately.

Bought them assuming they'd be like the regular Jenner on steroids. Turns out I perform consistently better in my 5Mlas JR7-F. Time will tell once the 6E variant is available for C-bills but as a Jenner fanatic I was sorely disappointed with the IIC. Still fun, just not as good as it looks on paper.

This is the truth. The model is huge and they're made of wet paper. Fun, but not super good.

#22 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:51 PM

How are they any weaker than regular Jenners? None of them have any sort of defensive quirks, and CFF is better than ISFF, so you might even get more armor... are the hitboxes that much larger?

#23 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:05 PM

View PostKanil, on 30 January 2016 - 09:51 PM, said:

How are they any weaker than regular Jenners? None of them have any sort of defensive quirks, and CFF is better than ISFF, so you might even get more armor... are the hitboxes that much larger?

Yes, they really are, especially the arms, but the whole model is bigger and higher from the ground. Regular Jenners are darn squishy too, mind you (Oxide excepted).

#24 Kanil

• 1,067 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

The arms do look quite a bit thicker, and there's that box on top. I would imagine the CXL helps offsets the hitboxes, but I'm just theory crafting at the moment -- I suppose I'll have to use it to really find out.

Still can't help but think it's better than the JR7-F I've been using most of my career, though.

#25 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

View PostKanil, on 30 January 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

The arms do look quite a bit thicker, and there's that box on top. I would imagine the CXL helps offsets the hitboxes, but I'm just theory crafting at the moment -- I suppose I'll have to use it to really find out.

Still can't help but think it's better than the JR7-F I've been using most of my career, though.

It's not brah. :( Love that Jenner with all your heart, but if you want "better", step into FS9's.
The IIC's have the virtue of novelty for a Jenner lover, but they got shafted in the durability department... I mean don't get me wrong, with the speed and clan weapons, you can rearrange some faces before you go down, especially if you're proficient in it's older sister... but the instant you're noticed, you're a bug under a windshield wiper. (Although it sounds as if you're gonna have to find this out on your own, by all means, be my guest. )

annd.. just a wiggly niggle, they didn't put the side windows in. Posted Image Which bugged me to no end (I'm a cockpit design aficionado, even if the mech is excellent I can't comfortably drive it if the interior looks stupid).

#26 Core310

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIn a jenner

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

I started out with the jenner as my first mech and surprisingly to me it's not a bad pick.
My jenner build is kind of weird as it doesn't use much missiles and more lasers. The AMS kind of helps lessen the laser impact and helps other bigger mechs. To me the XL 300 Engine is a must. I like to have the med pulse laser for attacking mechs a bit farther away. My mech is more of a pop-shoot kind and not using lots of small laser to go up close.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5858c63b64262b7

#27 Recon Strike

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationBNC-3E cockpit

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:31 AM

You have much to learn padawan...

- AMS only shoots down missiles, not lasers (Anti Missile System).
- XL300 is not really a must, though never go lower than XL265.
- medium pulse lasers have less effective range than regular medium lasers.

Bringing a missile pod with only half a ton of ammo is a waste of space and tonnage, think in terms of damage potential.

I personally run the D with an XL270, 4ML and 2SRM4 with 250 missiles (31 shots).

#28 Core310

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIn a jenner

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

Well my mech is a bit easier to handle at far ranges although i must say that my build is not very good compared to all the others. Everyone now of days uses SRM on their lights. The build i use is easy to get use to and doesn't require much skill other than not running into walls.
Still I like to have my XL 300 on my jenner.

Edited by Core310, 26 November 2016 - 04:59 PM.

#29 DelRico

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 67 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 28 November 2016 - 12:12 PM

I run dual SRM4 and 4 light pulse on my Jenner-D
The light pulse generate half the heat of meds with only a slight loss of damage. And since I mostly brawl with it, I dont care for range.

Of course I have 1 (or 2?) JJ for maneuvering, with the largest possible Xl engine

#30 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:14 AM

The Jenner D prior to the Rescale was my best performing light. 4 SPL's and 2 SRM 4's with 250 ammo just chewed the legs off of mechs.

But alas, PGI nerfed the heck out of Jenners and lights in general with the rescale. Now as an IS light it is almost certain suicide to try to knife fight. THe only IS light that has a chance is the Locust.

Sad really.

#31 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

XL255, 1JJ and dual PPC - because that's how you roll!

Okay okay, just one PPC, 3 Small lasers and some streaks - I get bored with medium lasers....

I wish that they had made Huginn on the Jenner chassis. Or better yet, missiles on the arms and energy on the CT - I sure love Oxide with SRM6 arms :)

Edited by stealthraccoon, 19 December 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#32 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:16 PM

Some run 4 er meds on IIC and use it as a mid range poker

#33 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:45 AM

View Poststealthraccoon, on 19 December 2016 - 09:41 PM, said:

XL255, 1JJ and dual PPC - because that's how you roll!

Okay okay, just one PPC, 3 Small lasers and some streaks - I get bored with medium lasers....

I wish that they had made Huginn on the Jenner chassis. Or better yet, missiles on the arms and energy on the CT - I sure love Oxide with SRM6 arms Posted Image

I used the 2 PPC build with a XL 280 to good effect. I have not tried it since the rescale yet, so no idea how it would preform now.

The Oxide pre re-scale was scary..... now they are just sad..... I laugh at any Jenner I see on the enemies team..... as I know its a free kill.

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 19 December 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

This is actually a common build and one of the strongest. Its great for a mid range poker, but sucks once another light gets on it.

#34 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 19 December 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

5-6 is better. Because of the burn time, you end up being exposed for longer than you'd like, so it's better to get a stronger alpha than better DPS. You can't duel anyway. If you're going to run 4, you're better off with MPLs (and you can run that on variants that aren't the A).

Edited by TercieI, 20 December 2016 - 10:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users