Solaris Game Mode -- Please Pgi!

Gameplay

28 replies to this topic

#21 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

I did notice something on Russ's twitter account related to this.

" Russ Bullock retweeted TheB33f @Th3b33f · 24h 24 hours ago
@russ_bullock Played in a 1v1 tourny this weekend and really got a fighting game vibe from it. You guys should highly consider Solaris. 8D"

#22 Nik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

+1 to Solaris. We need 1 vs 1, open weight class tourneys with spectator c-bill betting!

#23 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostTincan Nightmare, on 03 May 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Considering the state of balance in the game right now, I can easily see the roll out of Solaris going like this.

1) Solaris becomes a new mode and players flock to it for some fun mech bashing
2) the min/max crowd use quirks and current weapon states to make the 'ideal' solaris mechs for each class
3) Players begin to leave Solaris and cry for 'nerfs' or 'fixes' as those mechs begin to dominate the scene
4) Solaris becomes a ghost town like CW with just a few players running the same cookie-cutter builds while everyone else goes back to the public queue.

It will just be CW on a smaller scale.

How is any of this different then anything else currently happening in the game?

CW sucks
Balance sucks
People complain

Honestly I would love a Solaris mode because then it will more fully highlight the balance issues and maybe finally then would see where they are going wrong.

#24 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

No.

Posted Image

Okay okay.. I'm kidding. Solaris has been discussed and has also been clarified that this feature is a HUGE undertaking for what we want it to be. Let us clean up some loose ends around CW/Interface/Balance before we directly address stuff like PVE and Solaris.

#25 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:17 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 04 September 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Okay okay.. I'm kidding. Solaris has been discussed and has also been clarified that this feature is a HUGE undertaking for what we want it to be. Let us clean up some loose ends around CW/Interface/Balance before we directly address stuff like PVE and Solaris.

Just make sure you don't forget to change the match score requirements Posted Image

#26 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:23 PM

No.

Bravo... hopefully not in that order but it's good to see that kind of response.

#27 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:40 PM

Sound like dumbing down the game to me, while at the same time getting less people for the other game modes, I know we don't need that...

#28 2MyBalls

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts
  • LocationBamberg

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostYellonet, on 04 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

Sound like dumbing down the game to me, while at the same time getting less people for the other game modes, I know we don't need that...

not agree with that

If you FORCE (indirectly-via no other modes) people to gamemodes, they will get bored, and leave... you can only lure them with rewards (like CW done it recently), and archievements (its allways fun to show up a title like: "6 x Champion of Solaris")

+1 for Solaris ... it would also fit the lore nicely.. btw i know its a LOT of work to create a new gamemode, but would be fun.

-1 on betting with c-bills - If there is money on the stake, all the cheaters will crawl out of the caves.. matches being manipulated .. etc. ... we can not want this.

#29 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 05:07 PM

No.

Posted Image

I gotta say - I giggle uncontrollably every time I see that picture. All the more so because I know The Man Himself made it...or at least someone in Piranha made it at The Man Himself's request.

Never change, Paul. I don't care what the rest of these goobers say, you troll with the best of them and it makes me smile.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users