Sneak Peek Vitric Forge Screenshots

106 replies to this topic

#101 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

I just had a run around the new map, looks pretty. (still dark though)

Something is missing......

Posted Image

Then I went to Emerald to verify......

Posted Image

Where did the wheels go ?? How is the gun supposed to track a target ?? ;)

#102 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:36 PM

View PostSereglach, on 04 May 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

There probably is a fair bit of blue ambient lighting, but if the ground is very ferrous dirt (meaning it contains a LOT of iron, like Mars) then the surface is still going to look quite red. If you look at the surface the more reflective points of the landscape are, in fact, giving off a blue tinged light.

Alright, but it still needs to be bluer. I'm in the map right now and the haze/fog is a green hue - should be blue.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 05 May 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#103 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

I like the new map. Haven't actually played it yet as I'm more invested in leveling up some IS mechs and my unit is Clan, so I can't drop in CW with my IS mechs.

But I do like the look from all the pictures. Should be interesting to play too.

For a future map, one that is all or mostly inside would be interesting. Like a giant factory complex, or caves. Although UAVs would be useless except in very large rooms....and I suppose the Arty and Airstrikes would also be nullified. Still...there are areas on the current maps where those three can't be used now. It would just require tactics that don't involve use of those items. And it would be an interesting change of pace from the outdoor maps.
Something like this would probably require a lot more work to build than a normal map though, but it would still be very cool.

#104 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 05 May 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

Ooooooo! Now make it Sirius and we're in business!

You might even say...
Realism is Sirius biznes. :D

#105 Allen Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 376 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

I must say it doesn't look like much from the pictures only. All you see is a bit of rough red terrain and a few slopes. It looks totally barren and I don't even see much cover. I guess judging the map from 4 early pics is unfair, though.

Regarding the blue star - I agree, it is a slap into the face of science and I hate that PGI chose that way ("who cares - it's a game that actually makes fun of physics and astronomy in every possible way, so f**dis"). On the other hand, no one looks at the sky while shooting mechs...

A star of that mass so close to a moon or rock planet would actually make the surface a living hell*. No atmosphere at all (which they applied) and temperatures so high that firing a TAG would instakill your mech. I will laugh my ass off if the map temperature will be something like Terra Therma or even below. Electromagnetic sunstorms would render any mech useless. Actually this map should be unplayable, but then again...game.

*Actually I doubt that a moon or rock planet would survive for long so close to a blue giant. It would most likely get drawn into it's star and simply vanish.

Edit: I see more pics now, ok. Surface has enough cover for fighting. Still this is an unlikely place to exist.

Edited by Allen Ward, 06 May 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#106 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

looks like red vs vklue, yet I wonder how could a planet next to such a blue sun even be red instead of purple? looks physically fishy.

#107 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:11 AM

Boring map, rats maze all over, again no place to move mechs tactically around in, novelty already wore off after 2nd match, sooooo : not well done PGI, despite your valiant efforts .

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users