7 replies to this topic

#1 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

One thing I hate is seeing whales (we all know what mech I'm talking about) hauling 7 UAC5's and just firing them all at once well the IS UAC5 is single fire. it's just not fair. So I ask PGI, either make the Clan UAC single like the IS one, or make the IS version burst like the clan.

Honestly this just falls under balancing issues. Though I think the Clan ballistics need a buff.

#2 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:46 AM

Funny, most Clan players want IS ac's.

#3 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

I agree to an extent... I'd like to see Clan UAC5s be single slugs, 10s be 2x 5-point slugs, and 20s be 4x 5 point slugs. Though, tightening up the burst grouping would go a long way towards making clan Autocannons more viable.

That being said, from a logical standpoint the disparity makes sense... The Clan UACs are lighter than the IS ones. That weight was saved by making it fire smaller rounds more quickly, rather than big honking rounds, which would require every component to be larger to take the higher stresses from the powder load.

Both sides have some valid points to them, and I personally wouldn't mind either outcome.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 06 May 2015 - 05:21 AM.

#4 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:55 AM

A Direwolf with 5 or 6 pinpoint AC5s would be much worse because it will land most of its shots exactly where they need to be. Because it can fit so many it is fun to drive, but you rarely see any other clan mechs with ACs. Having the IS ACs go to burst fire will rob IS of one of its main weapons.

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 06 May 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#5 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

If projectiles were faster, than IS could support burst fire types as well on say Ultras at least.

I'd consider setting a different relationship between damage and projectile speed, so the more damage a projectile, the slower it is, I'd also raise the min damage for a single ballistic shot or pellet to 2 damage each, and tweak HPS some.

Spoiler

#6 Neput Z34

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 244 posts
  • Location...far away from a Land of my birth...

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:38 PM

The current Clan Ultra Auto Canons remind me more of Rotary Auto Canons, from MechWarrior 4, with their stream of projectiles.
I would rather see the following:

CUAC/C-AC 2: 2 projectiles, 1 damage per projectile, 0.05 sec apart, current ammo per ton.

CUAC/C-AC 5: 2 projectiles, 2.5 damage per projectile, 0.2 sec apart, reduce ammo count per ton to 60 rounds.

CUAC/C-AC 10: 2 projectiles, 5 damage per projectile, 0.3 sec apart, reduce ammo count per ton to 30 rounds.

CUAC/C-AC 20: 2 projectiles, 10 damage per projectile, 0.4 sec apart, reduce ammo per ton to 14 rounds.

Keep the current "cool down" and projectile velocity for the respected classes.
Significantly reduce the screen shake, smoke and "impact fireball" for all CUACs/C-ACs to limit the annoyance of "bullet hose" builds.

Possibly may need "wait" times between the projectiles adjusted so not to render CLBX irrelevant.

#7 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 04 May 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

One thing I hate is seeing whales (we all know what mech I'm talking about) hauling 7 UAC5's and just firing them all at once well the IS UAC5 is single fire. it's just not fair. So I ask PGI, either make the Clan UAC single like the IS one, or make the IS version burst like the clan.

Honestly this just falls under balancing issues. Though I think the Clan ballistics need a buff.

Um...

1) The Ghost heat for UAC 5's is a killer and firing more then 3 at any time is death and reduces any effectiveness of double firing

2) Direwolf can not mount 7 ballistics.. There is only 1 mech in game that can do 7 Ballistics and it's the shadowcat, it's not in game and struggles to mount 2-3 UAC 5's, let alone 7.

Hell not even sure it can do 7 UAc 2's.

3) how about no burst fire for IS?

#8 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

View PostNeput Z34, on 06 May 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

The current Clan Ultra Auto Canons remind me more of Rotary Auto Canons, from MechWarrior 4, with their stream of projectiles.
I would rather see the following:

CUAC/C-AC 2: 2 projectiles, 1 damage per projectile, 0.05 sec apart, current ammo per ton.

CUAC/C-AC 5: 2 projectiles, 2.5 damage per projectile, 0.2 sec apart, reduce ammo count per ton to 60 rounds.

CUAC/C-AC 10: 2 projectiles, 5 damage per projectile, 0.3 sec apart, reduce ammo count per ton to 30 rounds.

CUAC/C-AC 20: 2 projectiles, 10 damage per projectile, 0.4 sec apart, reduce ammo per ton to 14 rounds.

Keep the current "cool down" and projectile velocity for the respected classes.
Significantly reduce the screen shake, smoke and "impact fireball" for all CUACs/C-ACs to limit the annoyance of "bullet hose" builds.

Possibly may need "wait" times between the projectiles adjusted so not to render CLBX irrelevant.

personally I do not mind the current spread, I think there should be quirks on certain models that gives more or less projectiles for UAC's.

Which is very accurate to lore because depending on the size of the gun it changes the velocity and bullets (so a uac 20 could fire 2 bullets or 20 bullets depending on mech)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users