Shorten Waiting Times Till Ghost Drops

5 replies to this topic

Poll: how long should the waiting time be for an ghost drop? (5 member(s) have cast votes)

how long do you think the waiting time should be?

1. less than a minute (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 1-2 min (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. 2-3 min (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 3-4 min (1 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

5. 4-5 min (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 6-7 min (1 votes [20.00%])

7. 8-9 min (0 votes [0.00%])

8. i want to wait till the enemies are ready (1 votes [20.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:52 AM

Well after one team is formed we have to wait 10 minutes for the ghost drops- in my opinion its no real good idea to let ppl wait this long. AND it will frighten new players...

So how long do you think should the waiting time till ghost drop be?

Edited by Fireeagle, 06 May 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

please add a "none of the above", "no change" or "other" button,

10 minutes is reasonable, go shorter (e.g. 5 minutes or less, or even worse 1-3 minutes) that that and it becomes viable for an organized 12 man group to just rush "turret drops" at the rate of 6-10 per hour per 12man to quickly dominate any planets which are not being defended, possibly leading to a large unit (not faction, I do mean unit) taking 6-8 planets per day and putting there tag on most of the IS in short order.

also if I drop CW I do not want a turret drop, I would much prefer to wait a few extra minutes to give an enemy team time to form

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 06 May 2015 - 03:24 AM.

#3 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:25 AM

there are hundreds of ways to limit your fears:
  • You could make it possible for a unit only to holt a sertain number of planets
  • You could simulate flight routes between planets
  • You could drop this useless "unit a holds planet x" thing because there is no real benefit in cw from it...

#4 Yuri Kovalesky

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 40 posts
  • LocationKentaris IV

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:03 PM

The person who made this topic probably wants to benefit 100% of ghost drops and see his unit name in most of every planet we conquer with no challenge at all.

No offense but its pretty obvious.

Ghost drops shouldnt even exists and people shouldnt even have the ''right'' to take the base without someone fighting them.

All this can be fixed placing a Matchmaking like the public match in the CW.

Choosing only 2 options: Attack or Defense.

#5 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:22 AM

^Well Yuri: At the moment i am not really part of any unit and was not when i started this poll- i am just trying to get the free mechbays for the 2nd achievement.
Yes i would love to benefit from my waiting time MORE : as a random drop you wait wait wait and wait again till you get into a ghost drop add the times and you will often be more than 20 minutes in waitingloops- so even if your team is formed you wait another 10 minutes for ghost drops- and these 10 minutes should be shortened!

#6 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

View PostYuri Kovalesky, on 12 May 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

The person who made this topic probably wants to benefit 100% of ghost drops and see his unit name in most of every planet we conquer with no challenge at all..

My memories from playing CW last year is as follow "wait 30 minutes for 30mintues of playing or have 4 of you mech locked for 30minutes with no garantee of even having the 12 guys on my team play". So yes i would want all waiting time lowered drastically. I understand your fears thought, placing MC's and unit names on planet was bound to hinder CW improvement.

View PostYuri Kovalesky, on 12 May 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

Ghost drops shouldnt even exists and people shouldnt even have the ''right'' to take the base without someone fighting them.

All this can be fixed placing a Matchmaking like the public match in the CW.

Yes, then you can have Public and Group drop separately in CW just like solo/group.

Edited by DAYLEET, 12 May 2016 - 10:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users