13 replies to this topic

#1 AC GLINT

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 54 posts
  • LocationIn a LYNX on top of a king crab pretending to be an elemental

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:25 AM

Is what i firstly thought when i nearly got insta cored from the rear when only shot from the front by an ac 10 or 20. or being hit by 4 ac 5 shots from the front and only lose back armor and then die.

I was piloting the lynx at the time.

But i was wrong. From my experimentation, it seems that the workers at the Huntress Production Facility Epsilon miraculously fitted some key parts of the engine in those 3 inch thick assflaps. But they overlooked a design flaw that the flaps hang so low they can be hit from the front.
Posted Image

Perhaps the workers at PGI can get in contact with the manufacturer and point out this flaw in their design? Im not happy with my product and i know my 3 years guarantee isn't over, but unfortunately our phone line doesn't reach other planets.

If anyone else is up for some real life experimenting could ya shoot some mud flaps of passing by cars? Make sure you are far away enough in case the cars engine explodes by key parts in em. :D

#2 AC GLINT

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:30 AM

So people complain about hitbox issues but when it comes to the Lynx it's a total Myth.

Seriously, how illogical is it lose your engine because the ass flaps that are SEPARATE from the TORSO count as rear back armour and can lead to your engine being destroyed.

#3 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:31 PM

So you're saying someone was pounding your crotch & you died? That...is embarrassing.

#4 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostHydrocarbon, on 12 May 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

So you're saying someone was pounding your crotch & you died? That...is embarrassing.

No no no, man. Can't you read ? He died to all the butt-groping and didn't like it. Also: hackers.

#5 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

However they were in front of him, thus a reverse reach-around.

View PostIronwithin, on 12 May 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Also: hackers.

Oh s***, how did I miss that? The forum must have been walling.

#6 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

This is what you've wrought, PGI.

#7 AC GLINT

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

Repent you filthy forum trolls, begone to the off topic realms where you belong with your filthy peasantry.

8 points of back armor, take an AC 10 from the front and hits a ass flap behind, you are now cored from behind although u were shot from the front. You can then take an extra shot to the ass flaps and some how lose your entire engine that is not even connected. Nope not a single thing wrong there.

Guess its one of PGI's many Features

Anyway hoped the forum name hackers would have brought more attention, seems not.

Edited by AC GLINT, 12 May 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#8 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostAC GLINT, on 12 May 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Repent you filthy forum trolls, begone to the off topic realms where you belong with your filthy peasantry.

8 points of back armor, take an AC 10 from the front and hits a ass flap behind, you are now cored from behind although u were shot from the front. You can then take an extra shot to the ass flaps and some how lose your entire engine that is not even connected. Nope not a single thing wrong there.

Anyway hoped the forum name hackers would have brought more attention, seems not.

You don't get attention by misnaming your topic...

#9 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:24 PM

Nope... given the misleading title and content of thread I'm surprised it wasn't locked up and thrown away by the Mods.

Now... as for you crying foul for the Myst Lynx... I must try shooting some "ass flaps" to test your theory on damage registration and reach around status.

#10 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:54 AM

Really really bad choice of topic name.

Things work different in the MWO forums... Saying the words hackers in the title insta-disqualify your whole thread.

staying on topic, the mist lynx issue is pretty well known: ( this is from a couple of drops some time ago) pay attention around 2:35.

#11 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:05 AM

You want to e-mail this information to the relevant support staff (technical or feedback? I think feedback) They can help you.

#12 AC GLINT

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 14 May 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

You want to e-mail this information to the relevant support staff (technical or feedback? I think feedback) They can help you.

Oh ive already emailed support twice and once more for another reason, didnt get a reply from all 3.

And Navid that is the exact problem! thank you for providing proof.

#13 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostAC GLINT, on 15 May 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

Oh ive already emailed support twice and once more for another reason, didnt get a reply from all 3.

And Navid that is the exact problem! thank you for providing proof.

not even an acknowledgement e-mail?

#14 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:08 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 15 May 2015 - 04:40 AM, said:

not even an acknowledgement e-mail?

The turnaround tends to be three or four weeks, they "sincerely apologize for the delay" in the first paragraph which is nice.

OP, best will be to get some private match footage clearly proving what happens and then get that footage noticed by Russ.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users