#1 Igor Kozyrev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

First, I really love that you guys added all installed modules to "mech select" window. It's great.

But I see couple of downsides if you completely remove the old way of selecting mechs.

First, now it's only lists. For some people it won't be as convenient as before.

Second, no more "purchasable" filter. It was a great way to see what hardpoints mech has and what it's stock loadout (it is important for some people). Now we either have to buy it or use 3rd party tools such as smurfy's mechlab.

Honestly, I'd like to have "select mech" option in the "home" tab as it is in PTS, and stay with current way of selecting mechs in the "mechlab" tab.

#2 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

purchasable filter - the must have.

this is the only way to actually see a mech and its loadout/hardpoints etc.

#3 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:00 PM

Purchasable filter added to Known Issues & Suggestions list.

#4 Pasiasty

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

I had problems with buying mech. With this patch and new design i had to look for a while where purchasable mechs bookmark went to. For future paths (if its possible) i would recommend to add a pop up notification in mechlab with informations what changed and where did it go. Good work anyway :)

#5 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

Am I the only one who misses this functionality from UI 1.5? I feel like it would mesh well with the new method of mech selection.

Posted Image

Spoiler

#6 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:49 PM

I'd like to chime in on this.

Currently, the "Purchasable Mech" filter (not in the public test, but in game) is frustrating because it completely resets any time you go back to another mech, rather than going back to the selection area you were last at.

Like, if I'm comparing my owned Jagermech (viewed via Mechlab button) to purchasable Cataphracts, I have to re-open the "purchasable" filter, select heavy mech, then find & select the desired Cataphract for each variant I want to check out.

Seems to me it'd save alot of time if the interface 'remembered' where I was and skipped the first two steps for me.

#7 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostTelmasa, on 07 May 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

I'd like to chime in on this.
Seems to me it'd save alot of time if the interface 'remembered' where I was and skipped the first two steps for me.

I'm wondering if simply changing what information is displayed while browsing mechs in the Store would be another solution to this loss of functionality. (Change the "hover-over" text to include both Loadout and Quirks).

Edited by Leigus, 07 May 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#8 Treysef

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

Honestly, having the old mech bay stable combined with this new mech lab would be best. The ability to see all of your mechs and which are ready to drop was great, the stable was never a problem. It also made purchasing decisions easier with the ability to look at the full detailed loadout of a stock mech instead of relying on the pop out pane in the Store tab.

#9 Agatheis

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:02 PM

I definitely agree with Leigus' suggestion. Small mech icons should be shown somewhere and be coloured appropriately.

I do rather like being able to see all my mechs on one page, occasionally. Because I have quite a few and it makes me feel good.

A.

#10 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostTreysef, on 07 May 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Honestly, having the old mech bay stable combined with this new mech lab would be best. The ability to see all of your mechs and which are ready to drop was great, the stable was never a problem. It also made purchasing decisions easier with the ability to look at the full detailed loadout of a stock mech instead of relying on the pop out pane in the Store tab.

This. I very much dislike the list view with the dropdown menus. I even abhor when I'm forced to use it in private lobbies and CW dropdecks - it's just really painful and clunky. There should at least be a "Toggle Layout" button to switch to the full "stable style" view and another button for "expand all" in the dropdown menu mode.

#11 Conductor Rarity

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 90 posts
  • LocationLots of different places

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:22 PM

View Postvetal l, on 07 May 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

purchasable filter - the must have.

this is the only way to actually see a mech and its loadout/hardpoints etc.

Honestly I feel like this is the biggest outstanding issue in the new mechlab. Currently, the redesign forces you to go to a 3rd party website to see the hardpoint and critical slot layout. While not a big issue for all of use who already use smurfy to scope out and build mechs we want, it really hurts the new user experience since there's no way to "preview" a mech. The original UI 2.0 had this issue on launch as well.

#12 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:12 AM

A text Filter, typing "KGC" is fats and then should filter for the mechs.

#13 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:14 AM

Fix the back button in the MechLab to remember the filter status, implement the changes suggested here and here and then combine that with the 'Smurphy' editor improvements and I'll be very happy.

However if the "Select Mech" screen is the only way to look at mechs, and the "Store" is the only way to purchase mechs, then you'll not be seeing me until the next UI overhaul because both of those screens are the worst part of UI2.0 and I've not touched them since I came back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users