No replies to this topic

#1 Appuagab

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:58 PM

1. 'Mechs list/select 'mech menu
Worst part of new mechlab. WHERE'S MY OLD MECHS LIST? All these expandable lists are sompletely useless, it's like previous UI 2.0 mech configuration menu, for every small single action you need to click hundreds of times. Please bring back old mechs list but with all new filters, stats and modules displayed. Mechs list was best part of previous UI, they are all before your eyes, you feel free, you are not «selecting» anything, you just see all your mechs in one place with no need to expand billlions of lists. Expandables work for skill trees menu but not for mech hangar or store (I'm sure no one was buying mechs through store, only through purchasable mechs list in mechlab). When I'm choosing mech in new mechlab I must press SAVE like I have changed something. It's bad.

2. Tiny fonts. Everything is so tiny. This game makes my eyes hurt. Seriously, you should care about your players' health, it harms their eyes. There's equipment list in right side of new mechlab. You make all these names and numbers so small to fit it all in one list with no need to scroll, but it also has filters button, so there's no need to fit it ALL in one small list. Come on, make some HUGE titles, maybe even with small pictures, I can hide all that i don't need with filters now.

3. Better color identification. Many colors but no unified system. Why green buttons are not blue? It's new color in game's UI but with no specific role. White/green frames on weapons type icons both look like SELECTED. Weapons in smurfy's list depict both availability and required hardpoint.

4. Too much weapon filters. SPECIAL FLAMERS CATEGORY. SPECIAL MACHINEGUN CATEGORY. SPECAIL GAUSS CATEGORY. What? How about category for ER LARGE LASERS ONLY?

5. Cockpit customization.
STILL NO «HIDE UNOWNED» BUTTON. And no itmes finder (Where did I put my Kurita medallion? I guess I'll never find it. :-C).

6. I dont need mech's XP or GXP counter in mechlab. Please, don't try to put completely EVERYTHING in mechlab.

7. Popup tips are good, but they are kinda getting lost when appear. Maybe use another color for them? Make them brighter and bigger?

8. Layout mode swither should be closer to layout. It's part of layout, not equipment list.

9. Changing engine rate like armor count... Well, that's an interesting idea, but it will not work. It will only confuse players. There's already too much on one screen, no need to make many different unsystematic ways of doing same things.

That's all for now. I think I'll come up with some sketches of how I'd like to see new mechlab later. I'm glad you trying to make it better however.

Edited by Appuagab, 07 May 2015 - 02:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users