#1 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:03 PM

1) Mech selection - it's garbage

The same system used to select mechs for Private Matches or CW dropdecks, is too awful.

If there was a way to simplify that like being able to preselect mechs for use of CW/Private matches (ideally through a dropdeck selector of sorts) that would be ideal. Think of it in terms of the old UI 1.5 where you could select any 4 mechs to quick launch with.

It is unlikely that a competitive player would select all their mechs... like they would not include Summoners or Novas or whatever bad mech for use in "serious matches"... so limiting the dropdeck to whatever the player wants in said screen would be easier than having a special screen to do that work in.

In this instance, less is more.

2) Column (classic) layout needs to be relocated

Just for positioning purposes, just move the older-ish system to the right side of the screen and move the mech towards the left of the screen.

There's honestly NO REASON to move mechlab materials from one side of the screen to the other... locality is simplistic enough.

3) Selecting Specific Module Sections - A Bug

When you select the modules screen AND you select a specific module slot (whether it be Consumables or Mech/Weapon), trying to change the Module tab to another section (like engines) doesn't work as intended. Only when you select the Module screen is when you can then select other tabs and move away from the modules screen.

4) "Global Weapon options"

There should be a way to select "all sections" in the smurfy/"Expanded" mechlab option, instead of just being able to select individual sections. By default, the game does this, but there's no "option" to go back to setting it globally once you select a specific section like Engine.

This applies to Modules as well, as entering it for the first time shows all modules, but no method of going back to a "global" select all setting.

The best way to "fix this" is allowing the selection of the "mech's name" as a valid option, as that would encompass the "entire mech", but it should be made obvious in its selectability.

5) "Not sure what the colors and icons mean"

In smurfy's mechlab, he uses colors to distinguish what weapon type it is, so that it makes sense where it goes into what section of the mech.

In MWO, I have no idea why they aren't color coded as such. I see "yellow" and "white" and "red" instead of meaningful icons telling me what I need to do to equip it or if there isn't enough space/resources to do it.

The "icon legend" in MWO is non-existent even when UI 2.0 debuted a long while back, so that kinda needs to be addressed as well.

6) Still MIA in Mechlab

It's a simple list, but this is MANDATORY given how the mechlab has been missing this for a while (when you consider smurfy's):

Selling Ammo
Selling (Extra) Armor
Showing # of DHS equipped (should be listed in mechstats w/o expanding it)
Showing # of Crits/Slots left (should be listed in mechstats w/o expanding it)
Showing the Engine equipped (WITHOUT using the Expanded mechlab option) (should be listed in mechstats w/o expanding it)

So, if you can solve/implement this ASAP, that would be greatly appreciated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users