Resistance 2 - Faction Colours

8 replies to this topic

#1 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:55 PM

Quick question, I read the faq and couldnt find it.
If I buy the resistance 2 pack today, when will the faction content be avaiable? Since it is the same from the resistance 1 and I would like to use some colours already :)

Sorry if it was awnsered before...

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:45 AM

I think there are two sets of colors, although I'm confused in the application.

Still, you'd have to wait until it is fully released before you get access to them, unfortunately.

Sorry.

#3 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

Isnt the colours the same as the resistance pkg 1?

#4 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:04 AM

The presentation of colors in the Faction Content segment is pretty vague. Do you get all six colors? Do you get the new three if you already have the old three? Do you get to pick one of the two sets?

PGI hasn't given us much indication of what we'll get. We know there are more colors than Resistance 1, but not what the mechanism of getting them might be. Your guess is as good as mine.

If past sales are any indication, it will remain vague until the pack delivers, not match up to everyone's expectations, and finally get a disclaimer posted. You'll then get to experience the joy of being told 'read the disclaimer' by people who think it's always been there.

#5 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

It looks like Red, Black, and White from the concept art :/.

It's a lot of the same colors over and over again. Resistance 1 had those colors and I think even the Phoenix pack did too. I have so many minor variations of those 3 colors.

It's fine I suppose if I decide to get the pack and get those colors...Again *sigh*, but some different colors might be nice. Blue and grey themed maybe? Camo colors, just something a bit different would be a nice change.

#6 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:23 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 08 May 2015 - 01:11 AM, said:

Isnt the colours the same as the resistance pkg 1?

Ultimately yes.

Go figure.

Maybe you should ask PGI, considering it is more or less the same. Same would have to apply for Wave 3 Clan Mechs as well.

I think there's going to be specific faction-colored camos for the Resistance variants, but that doesn't seem to be made clear though.

Edited by Deathlike, 08 May 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#7 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

Yes, I thought, by what is showed in the faction content description, there is 6 colours for each faction, so, buying the Mauler pack, it would give me 36 colors right? Nice deal. But now I am confused... :/

#8 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:32 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 08 May 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

Yes, I thought, by what is showed in the faction content description, there is 6 colours for each faction, so, buying the Mauler pack, it would give me 36 colors right? Nice deal. But now I am confused... :/

I believe the second set of colors is tied to the camo, and are not available for sharing elsewhere I'm afraid.

Still, PGI has to clarify this, as it's a thing they don't usually do very well at.

#9 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:44 AM

I hadn't thought about the second set being tied to the camo. I figured it was a general unlock like Res1.

So, the answer is, we haven't a clue. There will probably be colors, and you might get them. But there's no way to be sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users