Brandon's Builds: Atlas

38 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:52 PM

Do you even Atlas Bro? A lot of people claim the Atlas is now a has been. I full-heartedly disagree! Still one of my top 5 and and top damaging mechs. I will always be an Atlas pilot. These builds were, until recently, kept to myself. I'm sure other people have them. However, I like to believe they have my own little flare to them. I have a general rule of thumb when I make builds. I tend to make builds that aren't limited by range. I try to load my atlases so I can engage at any range, Even if it is just a single PPC. You are still doing some amout of damage. That is less armor you have to go through when they get in your face.. Enjoy the eye candy! See you all on the battlefield!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Dont even bother with:
You put an XL in an Atlas?
Yes..
Why?
Because I have 8 of them..

Bro!

#2 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:04 PM

I give you points for original builds. But no smurfy links = 3 out of 5 sad pandas.

#3 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

It takes time to SMURFY... I felt the screen shots with the smurfy like display would be enough info to smurfy them on your own.

#4 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

I should give them another go as your BH has me wishing I would have bought one when they were on sale...

#5 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:10 PM

That's a lot of smurfy

#6 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostSorbic, on 07 May 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

I should give them another go as your BH has me wishing I would have bought one when they were on sale...

The best of the bunch is the BH. You can go through 3 or 4 alphas before shutting down on a cold map. On a moderate temp map, 2 or 3. On Tera Therma you need to chain the pulse lasers. It takes some practice but those pulse lasers and the BH quirks make it a mean mofo. Not to mention enough speed to escape if need be. You just have learn to protect your side torsos. 71KPH in a 100 ton mech is rediculous!

#7 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

Your Atlas D and D DC with UAC5 and AC10 is just way too heavy. 2 UAC5s and upgrade those lasers and you're done.

You bring a lot more back armor than necessary.

#8 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:19 PM

Boars HEad

#9 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:20 PM

While I can't get behind the idea of an XL Atlas very readily (only one I've ever seen that I liked was a 6xLL Boar's Head), combining an XL with a Gauss? I mean, stand next to a Dire or KGC and you'll get ignored over the "more dangerous" target, but it's very risky. And a 300 engine in there? Cripes, you might as well eject and walk, you might get there faster. (Ok, you won't get there faster on foot, but dear gawds, so sloooow.)

The rest of the builds look a bit eclectic, but seem to have a niche.

#10 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:20 PM

View PostXetelian, on 07 May 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

Your Atlas D and D DC with UAC5 and AC10 is just way too heavy. 2 UAC5s and upgrade those lasers and you're done.

You bring a lot more back armor than necessary.

Don't tell me my buisness devil woman!

#11 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ae47b3e187efb39
Boar's Head

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ffa3429b8362e1c
AS7 D

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b80c02543fdba42

AS7 D DC

I'm not saying there aren't faults in mine, but I think you'd like these builds.

#12 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:33 PM

I just came here to hop by i like your builds. The AC10 and the UAC looks familar. I have that on my D instead and with a LPL. Good combo for firing one salvo while supressing with the UAC.

I see you use pretty lot of SRM 6 model. I personally prefer the 4 because of the tighter spread. I only use SRM6 if i can put two- or more on a single build.

I am not too fond of sharing builds of my Atlai. But i do applaude that you have the guts to share it in the open.

Good stuff, Brandon. And it's always a pleasure as a Atlai only pilot myself playing with- or against you.

I quit the game around 1st of May. I am not sure if i should do the tournament, but i like to have a little statue if i can win it. And i am willing to wait out PGI's vision of a overhaul map. Because the poor quality of maps made me stay away from the game in the first place. That one tops my list.

#13 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:39 PM

View PostDjPush, on 07 May 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Do you even Atlas Bro?

I have the Loyalty version as a reward but I'm too afraid to take it too a ride :wacko:

#14 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:40 PM

View PostXetelian, on 07 May 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ae47b3e187efb39
Boar's Head

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ffa3429b8362e1c
AS7 D

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b80c02543fdba42

AS7 D DC

I'm not saying there aren't faults in mine, but I think you'd like these builds.

I have used that D build before. I switched it to the current build because I was getting bored with the LP Lasers.

View PostHit the Deck, on 07 May 2015 - 10:39 PM, said:

I have the Loyalty version as a reward but I'm too afraid to take it too a ride :wacko:

Embrace the warm and fuzy of the Atlas hug.. It is comforting like a fat man with boobs.

#15 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:47 PM

DDC!

#16 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostDjPush, on 07 May 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

Embrace the warm and fuzy of the Atlas hug.. It is comforting like a fat man with boobs.

I'll probably take my baby out and then change her loadout to AC/20+LL+SRM6 sometime in the future.

#17 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostSarlic, on 07 May 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

I quit the game around 1st of May. I am not sure if i should do the tournament, but i like to have a little statue if i can win it.

Do it.

#18 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:03 AM

Saw you in game with one of your atlases, if I recall correct, you did like 50 dmg.

But instead of coming here laugh at your builds every time you post some, maybe I could give a couple of hints;

Armor values. Every build you post has like a million tons of rear armor. You really don't need 20+ points. I'd run with 9-13, which is enough to protect your ass from a single alpha. If you're unlucky, you'll only get hit in the ass once.

Also, on assault mechs such as the atlas, it's safe to strip arm armor below 60, as those are never the first ones to blow before your sides. Not even when you're "torso twisting". Legs can also go to around 65, which you've done already on some builds.

Not a big deal, but head should be at 16 points (if no armor quirks are present). 16 points means 31hp total, which is enough to block twin gauss deaths. 33 provides no advantage, as arty headshots can still happen, as arty is 35 damage.

As for the builds, keep it simple. For example, you could stretch a std340 on your DDC, which currently sports 325 because of the UAC+AC10 combo, which provides little (or almost no) advantage over twin AC5. AC20 would allow a 350, but you'd lack the range there.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...be01e1f3f17c48c

Also, std300 is a big no no. You're not a dire wolf, you'll never reach DW levels of firepower, not even close. So just speed it up.

#19 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostDjPush, on 07 May 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

[...]
Dont even bother with:
You put an XL in an Atlas?
Yes..
Why?
Because I have 8 of them..
[...]

Wait.
So what's the point of your builds threads then?

You obviously don't post builds that you consider viable to suggest to others, but you post stuff you tinkered together because it was laying around in your mechbay?
So this is not a socially intended helping thread, but just a "look what I have" bragging thread?

Also, as another one said, no smurfy links.
You didn't even take the 2 minutes it costs per build to provide others with a proper valuable loadout link, but post cumbersome images instead?
Probably again to brag about you having them really standing in your mechbay and having a (subjectively) cool camo on them.

I can't stress enough how I despise of people who post something superficially helpful but are actually just bragging with little to no intention of actually helping.
Go to hell :angry:.

PS:
WHY do you have EIGHT XL 400 in the first place?

Edit:
Also, because I find to just too amusing:

View PostThe Mech Daddy, on 08 May 2015 - 01:03 AM, said:

Saw you in game with one of your atlases, if I recall correct, you did like 50 dmg.

But instead of coming here laugh at your builds every time you post some, maybe I could give a couple of hints;
[...]

Edited by Paigan, 08 May 2015 - 02:19 AM.

#20 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:53 AM

Dang thats like... more rear armor than i have on all of my mechs. Combined.

That aside, (didn't really look at those builds too closely), i wouldn't put 2UACs on an Atlas. Uacs are DPS weapons. Which requires you to stare down your enemy. Torsotwisting and alphastriking is really the only way to win over any decent assault pilot with an atlas.

If you don't torsotwist, any DW will toast you in seconds. They have 80-90 pts alphas they can do twice, and they often run coolshot. You either waste the UACS dps or you will get killed with two alphas, especially since you only run 98 front CT armor.
That's literally two alphas (98 armor+62 internals), and you will eat them if you don't twist.

Edited by meteorol, 08 May 2015 - 02:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users